You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

This has to stop regarding the abuse of TK to get savere penalties update patch

50 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles

In an earlier post, I did not understand how someone do 57k DMG while getting pink. That was until I understood his frustration when it happened to me, now that I am a victim, I am sounding the alarm as to what happened. Trust me if it happened to me, it will happen to you especially if fire and smoke is involved. Since I dont know how to make a print sceen of what happen. I will just copy and paste the numbers.

Map Northern lights

Ship: KUTUZOV

Infraction: Pink - 12 games (I will do my time but the way These happen is way I am sounding the alarm).

I understand Wargaming wants to get tough on team dmg, I understand that.  Now we have to identify situations to where the new penalties will get abused, this is one of them.

I am in a KUTUZOV havent used her at all this year so i took her out for a spin. Now I use my smoke and HE shells because that is what KUTUZ do. I am firing in smoke at a red BB that is when a Friendly MO out of no where, comes in to my smoke and right in front of my line of fire. I am in Binocular mode and at a dead stop I cant avoid him I noticed him to late, release the fire button but he caught on fire.  I warn him and every BB in chat that do not get close to my shells, reaction time to stop is not instantaneous.

• Main battery DMG 4  HE shells/1452
  • Fire 1 fire for 973.

Its a decent game annoying red BBs with fire but then I pop my last smoke, sling HE and yup you guess it. While I am in Binocular mode a friendly BB gets right close to my firing line after I just warned everyone in chat to stay clear from me. I was backing up this time and this BB came parallel to me close enough to you guess it get fire dmg. Now I am upset, because with the new rules on team killing in place, I was issued the team kill penalty. 

• Main Battery DMG 3 HE shells/1089
  • Fire 1/11,007
  • Total DMG to the Allies 20,132
  • Time in pink 12
  • Teamkill Penalty 5,596

I am open for a better way to fix it other then the current system, It is what it is, I am guilty of not stopping fire  (7 shells not 7 salvos, 7 shells). Co op is going to get very popular if the current system is not repaired. I also have to watch out when, I use smoke and HE dominate ships that there is no friendly ship sail close to me. Pass the word, GG and HF

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

So don't get so far zoomed in that you don't see friendlies on your minimap.  Then this won't happen.  These were your shells, you fired them.  So, you're responsible for what happens with them.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 4

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles

It’s really not that hard to spot a friendly Battleship that’s just a few feet from you.  If you lack such basic situational awareness, then you’ll never be fit for a driver’s license.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Have you ever seen a video of players on youtube?

You may have noticed they don't live in Binocular View more than a few seconds.

Maybe for your sake you should try this approach.

39 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

In an earlier post, I did not understand how someone do 57k DMG while getting pink. That was until I understood his frustration when it happened to me, now that I am a victim, I am sounding the alarm as to what happened. Trust me if it happened to me, it will happen to you especially if fire and smoke is involved. Since I dont know how to make a print sceen of what happen. I will just copy and paste the numbers.

Map Northern lights

Infraction: Pink - 12 games (I will do my time but the way These happen is way I am sounding the alarm).

I understand Wargaming wants to get tough on team dmg, I understand that.  Now we have to identify situations to where the new penalties will get abused, this is one of them.

I am in a KUTUZOV havent used her at all this year so i took her out for a spin. Now I use my smoke and HE shells because that is what KUTUZ do. I am firing in smoke at a red BB that is when a Friendly MO out of no where, comes in to my smoke and right in front of my line of fire. I am in Binocular mode and at a dead stop I cant avoid him I noticed him to late, release the fire button but he caught on fire.  I warn him and every BB in chat that do not get close to my shells, reaction time to stop is not instantaneous.

• Fire 1 fire for 973.

Its a decent game annoying red BBs with fire but then I pop my last smoke, sling HE and yup you guess it. While I am in Binocular mode a friendly BB gets right close to my firing line after I just warned everyone in chat to stay clear from me. I was backing up this time and this BB came parallel to me close enough to you guess it get fire dmg. Now I am upset, because with the new rules on team killing in place, I was issued the team kill penalty. 

• Fire 1/11,007
  • Time in pink 12
  • Teamkill Penalty 5,596

I am open for a better way to fix it other then the current system, It is what it is, I am guilty of not stopping fire  (7 shells not 7 salvos, 7 shells). Co op is going to get very popular if the current system is not repaired. I also have to watch out when, I use smoke and HE dominate ships that there is no friendly ship sail close to me. Pass the word, GG and HF

• Bad 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,192 battles
44 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Map Northern lights

• Fire 1 fire for 973.

• Fire 1/11,007
  • Time in pink 12
  • Teamkill Penalty 5,596

That's a cool story broI like the part where you warn them not to come close to your shells cause your in binocular mode

Edited by GuntherPrein
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles
8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

So don't get so far zoomed in that you don't see friendlies on your minimap.  Then this won't happen. 

The question is not I did not see them while firing at the red BB. the gap in front of us in order to clear the shells so that he should not get hit is not easy to calculate. Even when I feel he is clear I start shooting again and well you get team killed. That is the main issue,

17 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

These were your shells, you fired them.  So, you're responsible for what happens with them.

And your right it was my shells and my fault for firing and I made that clear in my post, As well as the fault of the friendly BB drivers that just sailed in front of me as I am firing that I guess I did not make clear. The purpose of the post was not to post blame, it more to identify the situation where this is going to be abused and Co - Op will get a lot popular. Now I am not the only one there is a post about this new system. I am just feel bad that I did not took the author of THAT post seriously until it happened to me.

3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

It’s really not that hard to spot a friendly Battleship that’s just a few feet from you.  If you lack such basic situational awareness, then you’ll never be fit for a driver’s license.

Your right if he was in front of me I would see him, but they where not in front, they were behind sailing to me. I due feel it was intentional because when you sail from behind a ship while he is firing while there is ALOT of smoke room. I was in a dead stop the first time and sailing backwards the 2nd time. Now cant tell the clearance of your shells even when they saill away from you

4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Maybe for your sake you should try this approach

Neither do I but like I stated in the post, 7 shells difference in where reflexes of stop firing is not instantaneous from when they are spotted. I mean 7 shells lol not 7 salvos... I just feel bad because the other Guy that had the same thing happen to him (57k dmg post) I did not took him serious. Now I just feel bad because I understand what he meant now. It happened to me.... IF it happened to me it will happen to you regardless of the precautions. 7 shell hits = 14 games pink which as I pointed out in the post is not much lol

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
19 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Yes, it actually is hard, because the minimap is so high level that the 2 ship icons merge.  That said, people should try to watch their minimaps more religiously to know when a friendly is closing in on your position.

What might be useful could be some sort of horn that would sound when a friendly was within, I guess, a kilometer of you, which would warn you to be mindful.

16 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Have you ever seen a video of players on youtube?

Maybe for your sake you should try this approach.

CLUCH, I've seen them.  Some people ping pong in and out of bino view with the Shift key.  I can't do it because it literally makes me feel sick to my stomach.  (I'm not joking.)  I do move in and out more slowly with the scroll wheel, though.  But this isn't always enough, because there are times when you do just get laser focused.  And this happens most when I'm in high RoF ships where there isn't much time to scroll in and out for a quick look around.

45 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

So don't get so far zoomed in that you don't see friendlies on your minimap.  Then this won't happen.  These were your shells, you fired them.  So, you're responsible for what happens with them.

Horse feathers.  The person who drives in front of you bears some responsibility too.  

• Cool 4

Members
38 posts
9,991 battles

Really lame logic... so let me get this straight....I'm sailing my BB into a cruisers smoke...in front of the cruiser that is firing and it's the cruisers fault that he hits me? What Bovine Scatology....the cruiser is supposed to notice my stupidity of coming in front of his line of fire on the enemy in his smoke because I want to cut him off in my BB? Obviously gamers with no tactical knowledge of anything remotely logical in a battle environment. It's his fault he didn't look at the mini map? Ridiculous! He is targeting, leading, aiming, waiting for a broadside to be presented. What is really going on is the BB is trying to cut off his line of fire and take the kill, and he doesn't care if he is in the way, because it's a game and the BB player won't pay the price for his stupidity. Do it in combat. Your gonna tell me the gunner of a tank leading a target is supposed to open the hatch and make sure none of the infantry are stupid enough to run in front of his gun before he fires again? No way I'm buying that.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles
51 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

[edited]. This isn't Kutu's fault. It's the BB's fault. Unless it is to avoid incoming AP or torps, BBs should stay the hell away from DDs/CLs sitting in THEIR smoke. Period. This goes for other CLs too. The other day I was in a Mino, in my smoke and nailing red targets. Looking at what targets to focus and which targets where showing the best angle...etc I didn't notice some dipshit Pensacola creeping right up next to me. Next thing I know he takes a full salvo from my guns causing him to take citadels multiple times resulting in my turning pink and instant deletion for team killing. It was [edited], complete garbage and 100% not my fault. It's not hard to give a guy his own space. You don't have to be on my [edited]to enjoy your game. Back off. Simple.

• Cool 2

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,192 battles
17 minutes ago, KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER said:

Really lame logic... so let me get this straight....I'm sailing my BB into a cruisers smoke...in front of the cruiser that is firing and it's the cruisers fault that he hits me? What Bovine Scatology....the cruiser is supposed to notice my stupidity of coming in front of his line of fire on the enemy in his smoke because I want to cut him off in my BB? Obviously gamers with no tactical knowledge of anything remotely logical in a battle environment. It's his fault he didn't look at the mini map? Ridiculous! He is targeting, leading, aiming, waiting for a broadside to be presented. What is really going on is the BB is trying to cut off his line of fire and take the kill, and he doesn't care if he is in the way, because it's a game and the BB player won't pay the price for his stupidity. Do it in combat. Your gonna tell me the gunner of a tank leading a target is supposed to open the hatch and make sure none of the infantry are stupid enough to run in front of his gun before he fires again? No way I'm buying that.

Yes it is still your fault for shooting stupid people, they might be stupid but you shot  them

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
27 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yes, it actually is hard, because the minimap is so high level that the 2 ship icons merge.  That said, people should try to watch their minimaps more religiously to know when a friendly is closing in on your position.

Or you know, you could just look around.  People have been driving cars without minimaps for generations now.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,197 posts
7,152 battles
8 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Yes it is still your fault for shooting stupid people, they might be stupid but you shot  them

When it's torpedoes, yeah, I'll buy that. But seriously, when you've got a DD or high-ROF cruiser that's blasting out the hate on an enemy target, you gotta use a little common sense. Don't just drive in front of his guns. It's going to cause problems.

5 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Or you know, you could just look around.  People have been driving cars without minimaps for generations now.

New to the whole GPS thing, are you?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
8 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

New to the whole GPS thing, are you?

Unless your James Bond, you have not been using GPS for generations.

goldfinger-geneva-radar-tracking.jpeg

Edited by Sventex

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Map Northern lights

• Fire 1 fire for 973.

• Fire 1/11,007
  • Time in pink 12
  • Teamkill Penalty 5,596

Oh you warned everyone. Clearly that absolves you of all responsibility. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
20 minutes ago, Sventex said:

When you're in a high RoF ship, you do not have time to "look around"!!!  Stop excusing stupid players for driving in front of a friendly's guns!!!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

When you're in a high RoF ship, you do not have time to "look around"!!!  Stop excusing stupid players for driving in front of a friendly's guns!!!

Amazing that when I play a high RoF ship, I do have time to "look around".  Why, holding down the RMB while continuing to open fire must be some kind of secret!  I must be a unicum with ultimate skills!

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,396 posts
11,810 battles

It's tough it happened, but I don't want to see the penalties lighted at all.    I'm almost of a mind to see them made worse because the do punish players that go full jerk in match's.

I'm a DD driver mostly there days and about once every 4 to 6 month I blow a friendly right outta the water.   It's always an accident.. I've never ever done it on purpose.   Last time it happened was about 2 months back .. Played carefully, kept my distance and good separation from other ships and worked it off in the minimum number of matches.   

WORK  on that battle space awareness!  You can do it!

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,099 posts
8,751 battles
25 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Actually last 15+ years drivers have had mini maps in their cars... ( GPS) :Smile_teethhappy:

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually last 15+ years drivers have had mini maps in their cars... ( GPS) :Smile_teethhappy:

Since 1991 actually.  But the car was invented 1885, and back then drivers weren't going "Where's mah GPS?  I can't see anythin'!"

Like I said "People have been driving cars without minimaps for generations now."

Edited by Sventex
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Oh you warned everyone. Clearly that absolves you of all responsibility. :Smile_facepalm:

not really, I did say

4 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Infraction: Pink - 12 games (I will do my time)

The point of the post is  not to deflect responsibility, I excepted my role. All I was trying to raise awareness as to how this can be a major problem of not knowing the gap of being in the clear of stupid BB drivers, that sail in front of your guns. Not knowing when is it safe to shoot again. The margin of error is 7 shells not 7 salvos 7 shells will give you 14 pink games (which I am working it off atm).

6 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Why, holding down the RMB while continuing to open fire must be some kind of secret!  I must be a unicum with ultimate skills!

Funny do you have skills against stupid BB drivers that drive inches away from you while shooting HE ? IF you do post it, you have 7 HE shells limit then you get 14 days pink. THAT is the awareness with my post. IF it can happen to me, it will happen to you no matter how cautious your actions are.

8 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

WORK  on that battle space awareness!  You can do it!

Thank you, THAT is the awareness I wanted to pass along. The battle space when firing is impossible to  tell your in the clear.  WIth only 7 shells that will give you 14 days pink. THAT is the oo crap do something to aviod this situation moment.

• Bad 2

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Funny do you have skills against stupid BB drivers that drive inches away from you while shooting HE ? IF you do post it, you have 7 HE shells limit then you get 14 days pink. THAT is the awareness with my post. IF it can happen to me, it will happen to you no matter how cautious your actions are.

/sarcasm If only stupid Marvin's face didn't get in the way of Vincent's gun, this whole teamkill could have been averted.

giphy.gif

Edited by Sventex
  • Funny 1

Members
1,777 posts
17,353 battles

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

the gap in front of us in order to clear the shells so that he should not get hit is not easy to calculate.

Here's where you lost me...you knew he was there & after 9k+ games you didn't know whether you had him cleared or not. If that's still a problem for you Co-Op may be the place for you until you figure that basic out.

Members
1,777 posts
17,353 battles
5 minutes ago, Sventex said:

/sarcasm If only stupid Marvin's face didn't get in the way of Vincent's gun, this whole teamkill could have been averted.

giphy.gif

Dammit Marvin!!! You & your stupid face.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RKLES]
Members
7,099 posts
8,751 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Since 1991 actually.  But the car was invented 1885, and back then drivers weren't going "Where's mah GPS?  I can't see anythin'!"

Like I said "People have been driving cars without minimaps for generations now."

Lol true enough, but unfortunately people these days are getting more and more reliant on tech to tell them everything...

Lol were on road trip taking short cut through upstate, NY area when our GPs died for some odd reason, my sister instantly  was panicking “ We are lost! How will we ever find our way!??” She was trying the cell phones looking for Signal ect. Everyone else in the vehicle was not much better.

Meanwhile I calmly just simply pulled out the paper travel maps I have liked to have in the car on road trips. My grandparents had taught me how to read various types of maps at early age on Summer road trips I went on with them. So I glanced out the window for a couple seconds spotted mile marker and county / town sign, and informed the panicking and nervous occupants where we were, what route to take, and even estimated arrival time. Lol that made everyone stop and look at me in various states of puzzlement, but hey I was accurate and able to get us there quickly lol.

Think they should make it mandatory to to solve problems and get things done tech free once in a while in the education system these days, because you never know when you might have your tech fail for a while.

[HEROS]
Members
1,396 posts
11,810 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Thank you, THAT is the awareness I wanted to pass along. The battle space when firing is impossible to  tell your in the clear.  WIth only 7 shells that will give you 14 days pink. THAT is the oo crap do something to aviod this situation moment.

Take a shot, stroke the other mouse button for the quick look.   It will help.  On occasion pop to map view (M key) or tap the key pad plus key to enlarge the mini map then minus key to shrink it back down.  Both these habits will help you with awareness of what doing what around you.

One ship I drive is the Akizuki with a buffed reload rate so every 2.7 seconds or LESS (Adrenline rush ya know)  and I've had to learn this (I also was advised!) after a match last year where I set a Battle Ship and a Cruiser on fire that decided to use the smoke I was shooting out off... the cruiser burned to waterline, and utterly panicked the BB.... I didn't know to be embarrassed, upset, or amused because they were also not paying attention!     SO yes It's not always the shooter fault, but yea, it's your shells *sigh!*.

In the lore of another game I used to play, over the entry to the simulator room at Starfleet Academy is a sign that says "USE YOU TRACTORS <explitive>!" which is a reminder to use everything you have, and do everything you can.