Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Coachin

New April Fools skins not in the store- option to buy w/o owning the ship already?

14 comments in this topic

[SEC_8]
Members
135 posts
3,062 battles

Will there be a way to purchase the new skins for ships you don't already own?  So far the April fool's skins are only available from the exterior tab for the ship in port (where you put on camo's).  I would like to be able to purchase these permanent skins from the Premium Shop!  

Edited by Torpin

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Not at the moment.  I don’t think they are planning to offer them in premium shop.  I think so because of two factors.  First, they want to use this event to promote T10 ships, and motivate players to get those ships in limited time frame.  Upcoming free XP conversion supports this line of thinking.  Second, they did share their opinion about making those skins rare on purpose.  Offering those skins in premium shop goes against these factors.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Upcoming free XP conversion supports this line of thinking.

Was this on an event/news page? When should it happen?

[WOLF1]
Members
1,985 posts
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Not at the moment.  I don’t think they are planning to offer them in premium shop.  I think so because of two factors.  First, they want to use this event to promote T10 ships, and motivate players to get those ships in limited time frame.  Upcoming free XP conversion supports this line of thinking.  Second, they did share their opinion about making those skins rare on purpose.  Offering those skins in premium shop goes against these factors.

how so? i don't know any mission that requires T10 currently?

Edited by Happy668

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

how? i don't know any mission that requires T10 currently?

They let you try out T10 based space ships in space mode to hopefully get you to like the way they look and handle in combat.  The only way you can get such ships in your port after the event is over, is having to grind out (or free XP) specific T10 ship(s) before event is over, and pay for space skin.

Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles
3 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Check under April 13

Ah... Guess I missed that when I looked at the calendar earlier. Thanks.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,985 posts
7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

They let you try out T10 based space ships in space mode to hopefully get you to like the way they look and handle in combat.  The only way you can get such ships in your port after the event is over, is having to grind out (or free XP) specific T10 ship(s) before event is over, and pay for space skin.

you mean you can't buy the camo without the t10 ship?

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

No, you can’t.  And you need the right T10 ship for the right camo.  So, if you want two of those camo, you gotta have two of those specific T10 ships.  Oh, and 16,000 doubloons as well.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,230 posts
3,126 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

Apparently so. AFAIK, they'll be only available for purchase on the in-game Exterior tab, under Camouflage section... just like the regular permanent camo of any Tier VI+ tech tree ships. Thus, you must have the ship in port to even consider buying it.

Personally, I know I won't be able to make it to Great Elector (tm) in time, so I'm gonna just pass this up.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,985 posts
8 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

No, you can’t.  And you need the right T10 ship for the right camo.  So, if you want two of those camo, you gotta have two of those specific T10 ships.  Oh, and 16,000 doubloons as well.

lol no kidding, WG gone crazy?

[WOLF1]
Members
1,985 posts
6 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Apparently so. AFAIK, they'll be only available for purchase on the in-game Exterior tab, under Camouflage section... just like the regular permanent camo of any Tier VI+ tech tree ships. Thus, you must have the ship in port to even consider buying it.

Personally, I know I won't be able to make it to Great Elector (tm) in time, so I'm gonna just pass this up.

me too, 5k is too high already imho

[RAWR]
Members
68 posts
3,919 battles

Well, if they want them to stay rare, I guess making them much more expensive than they're worth is one way to do it :p 

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
5 hours ago, Mandarax said:

Well, if they want them to stay rare, I guess making them much more expensive than they're worth is one way to do it :p 

I don’t necessarily consider 8k too expensive by its own self for high quality “end game” skin, however it does become prohibitively expensive if you already own the 5k permanent camo for the ship.  I got one of those 8k space skins for one ship I did not have 5k camo for.  I have three more ships with 5k camo on that are eligible for 8k space camo “upgrade”...  If I go ahead and buy all three, I would have ended up paying a total of 47,000 doubloons for the space eye candy.  I don’t even bother translating this into real money equivalent.  I will stick to the one space camo I got.

Edited by Ramsalot

Sign in to follow this