You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Being put in CO OP jail?

94 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts

I just heard the WG wants to implament a system that if you get reported that you could be forced to play in CO OP for awhile.

If ture this is a terrible idea. Its an know game with online people and you know how that goes. People report you for sinking them.

As a CV player I get reported for being in the game whether I do anything or not.

The while reporting system should just go away all together.

Does anyone know about this?

• Bad 3

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I think it's more for habitual team killers.

• Cool 2

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts
30 minutes ago, cometguy said:

If that's tire that would be good. I have bed torped by a trip and it was not by accident.

I heard this on the War Ships Podcast and they were saying it was any report.

I hope your right about this.

Edited by jags_domain
Spelling

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,758 battles

you know, there's a way to deal with team killers.... TURN OFF FRIENDLY FIRE LIKE 100% OTHER GAMES HAVE THE OPTION  TO. Oh wait, it's probably impossible due to the fact the game wasn't designed with that ability in mind, and would take 3 guys a week to redo the code.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 9

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,548 battles

It hasn't been implemented, and AFAIK is only for TKers. I'll throw you a compliment if I see you to balance out the salt, but I don't think you'll have a problem with the new penalty.

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts
7 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

you know, there's a way to deal with team killers.... TURN OFF FRIENDLY FIRE LIKE 100% OTHER GAMES HAVE THE OPTION  TO. Oh wait, it's probably impossible due to the fact the game wasn't designed with that ability in mind, and would take 3 guys a week to redo the code.

I dont mind friendly fire I rather like the idea. 

Do you anything about the CO OP jail

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts
4 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

It hasn't been implemented, and AFAIK is only for TKers. I'll throw you a compliment if I see you to balance out the salt, but I don't think you'll have a problem with the new penalty.

If its team killers than I am ok. But we have all tired pink before. Notser Jinggles we have all had the torps find a freindly dd. I dont like the whole reporting thing anyway.

But teamkilling is ok. Do you know how long you stay in CO CP?

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
125 posts
22,432 battles
12 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

In operations. there are no team kill/team damage penalties. It can't be that hard

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I know Co-Op'rs are not thrilled about being known as the dumping grounds/Jail.

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

If WG is serious they should make a Forbidden Zone for the Naughty. 

Although As in Co-Op I am sure some Players would prefer this mode over the Random MM mess.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
9 minutes ago, mushmouthmorton said:

In operations. there are no team kill/team damage penalties. It can't be that hard

Yeah, I'm pretty free with torps in Operations, too, because of that.  If someone turns the wrong way into them, no harm done.

• Cool 1

Members
3,295 posts
7,966 battles
47 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Sounds more like a loony bin than a jail, although these days... |

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I've heard it is for tker and chronic AFKer, which can be checked via code easy enough.      so  most people shouldn't have to worry.

Members
333 posts
5 battles

How about you just BAN THE PEOPLE< don't dump them on a part of the player base as a punishment, all it'll do is get people to quit. 

• Cool 2

Members
30 posts
659 battles

My guess is there will be two kinds of Co-Op. Those who actually try to play the matches and those who are put there due to TK-ing. This is to not force them on one part of the player base.

It's kind of like some games I've heard of that purposefully start matching players who cheat against other cheaters and the like, those who quit matches they are loosing, etc.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles

Pretty sure it's only for people who team kill repeatedly. Not cause you got reported a few times.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,197 posts
7,146 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I know Co-Op'rs are not thrilled about being known as the dumping grounds/Jail.

Then they should try pulling up their big-boy pants and venture out to push themselves in the real world. If you're the kind of person who doesn't get bored playing against the same AI, that attacks the same way, every time... maybe you need a little bit of a nudge back into the mainstream.

33 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

How about you just BAN THE PEOPLE< don't dump them on a part of the player base as a punishment, all it'll do is get people to quit. 

How about that part of the player base tries a little high risk / high reward, rather than just being content to suck it up on the same old bots?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 13

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

Co-op players are weird. There, I said it.

• Bad 5
  • Angry 1

Members
1,757 posts
7,996 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

As a CV player I get reported for being in the game whether I do anything or not.

Unfortunately I don't think this will result in being banished to co-op.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
48 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Then they should try pulling up their big-boy pants and venture out to push themselves in the real world. If you're the kind of person who doesn't get bored playing against the same AI, that attacks the same way, every time... maybe you need a little bit of a nudge back into the mainstream.

I play Tier 10 mostly in randoms The comment was an observation of the Posts here in the forums about how Co-Op Players are none to happy with the thought of Bad Players  going to what they consider a Fun Mode.

[-PVE-]
Members
112 posts
9,069 battles
2 hours ago, cecill611 said:

So were are they going to put the players that like to TK in co-op?

Send them to random and they can deal with the salt.

• Cool 1

Members
2,877 posts
1,365 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I just heard the WG wants to implament a system that if you get reported that you could be forced to play in CO OP for awhile.

If ture this is a terrible idea. Its an know game with online people and you know how that goes. People report you for sinking them.

The while reporting system should just go away all together.

Does anyone know about this?

HUH [edited] that, if someone is being a troll, [edited] or general [edited] [edited], dont put that idiot into coops, ban their sorry [edited]......

Dont go infesting another game mode cuz that person is to much of a [edited] [edited][edited] to play nicely with the other kids in the sandbox, stand his [edited]in the corner, whoop his [edited].....

Ban his [edited], troll him and sell all his ships, make him regrind all his tiers, make HIM suffer not everyone else around him...

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,501 battles
1 hour ago, TheNargacuga said:

05759705-5CD4-439B-9ECD-C7551BB8E8FC.jpeg

• Cool 3