You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deadeye36

Will the Missouri come back?

20 comments in this topic

[TMWF]
Members
1 post
2,793 battles

Does anyone, including WG, have any idea if the Missouri will be coming back to the tech tree for purchase with free xp?  I have almost enough free xp to get the Nelson but I was saving up for the Missouri when they went and put in the Musashi, I am not complaining I just would really have liked to get the Missouri instead.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles

Nothing has been said in any official capacity. However, I personally doubt it will be ever available again other than in very rare special events.

• Cool 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,012 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Nothing has been said in any official capacity. However, I personally doubt it will be ever available again other than in very rare special events.

Or very low percentage chance Christmas containers?

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Soon™ is probably the most likely... since the Trademark means: "sure it's coming; but when? My lips are sealed"

Edit: although we should be careful with spreading those "soon™s" someone down the line might forget to insert the TM.

Edited by Ivlerlin

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,716 posts
11,332 battles

I think they regret making it such a cash printer. Too good.

So... no, I expect she is going to be retired.  

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or very low percentage chance Christmas containers?

Did they ever put FreeXP ships into Santa Boxes?  I don't recall anyone celebrating getting Missouri from that route.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,012 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Did they ever put FreeXP ships into Santa Boxes?  I don't recall anyone celebrating getting Missouri from that route.

Ah...

Yeah; forget about that...

(Getting Missouri was never a question for me; I had 4.25mil fxp at the time.)

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
11 posts
3,871 battles

11 June 2019 marks the 75th anniversary of the Mighty Mo's Commissioning.

Sooooooo, if WG are planning on returning it for a special event then June 2019 would be a consideration.

I will look at getting it if it still performs the same as it currently does for mates. Id also like to see a French T9 freemium. Only because I have German and Frenchie BBs and nothing in the U.S line. I Iove the Alsace (no surprise really), Richi and Normandie. Normandie makes an awesome cruiser for the current MOTW so Im looking forward to getting that free premium cammo for it next month.

For me the Mighty Mo would only be a credit printer, which is cool but Id like a freemium that can EFT the silver and train my french crews. My German ones are doing fine as I love using the Torpitz.

Regarding the T9 French Freemium. A consideration would be one of the alternate Alsace designs (three were up for consideration re primary armament). Id love to see the one which had the IOWA 406mm gun layout. From what i recall reading about it (was in french using translate so dont quote me on this), they went with the quadruple 380mm layouts as they couldnt get the triple 406s construction facilities ready in time.

Anyhow, back to study.
Cheers
CC123

Edited by CC123

Members
1,510 posts
7,962 battles

Hey

I'm so glad I decided to use doubloons and my XP and get her before the end; the mighty Mo. is a good T9 BB, so much better than the FDG.  Not to mention the XP and credit boost.

Pete

Beta Testers
294 posts
3,771 battles

Personally I think Lert is probably correct, Missouri is history more or less.  

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
540 posts
11,869 battles

I think the idea of a Santa crate having it might be possible, because wasn't it still on sale during this year's event?  Or am I wrong and Musashi had already replaced her in premium shop by then?

[WOLF6]
Alpha Tester
22 posts
2,911 battles

I doubt I'll purchase another premium until Missouri comes back. Tier 8 matchmaking is not fun at the moment.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
2 hours ago, nagasakee said:

I think the idea of a Santa crate having it might be possible, because wasn't it still on sale during this year's event?  Or am I wrong and Musashi had already replaced her in premium shop by then?

They'll never put a Tier IX FreeXP ship as a Crate drop.  They never did so before.  Musashi is a very new thing still, maybe 2 months old at best.

Members
198 posts
5,561 battles
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Deadeye36 said:

Does anyone, including WG, have any idea if the Missouri will be coming back to the tech tree for purchase with free xp?  I have almost enough free xp to get the Nelson but I was saving up for the Missouri when they went and put in the Musashi, I am not complaining I just would really have liked to get the Missouri instead.

You may be interested in purchasing the USS Alabama premium US battleship, as you would have paid $100 or more dollars for the Missouri (in ship to free XP conversion costs in many cases), and the Alabama would cost half as much. Something for you to think about....

I believe the Missouri is gone forever... although Wargaming has re-released many premium ships for Christmas sales in the past. So I would recommend you check again at Christmas, 2018. Maybe your ship will come in....

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 8:46 PM, Lert said:

Agree. Doubt we ever see it again and if we do for a very special event and limited time only. Even doubt that tbh. Do not believe it will be a crate ship either (that would really tick off the players that spent 750K FXP on it for one thing).

You just don't know with WG as they have a habit of saying one thing and doing another (not meant as an attack) but I really think it is gone. Very glad I got it when I did.

I think they removed it because they felt like they screwed up with it and made it too good (ie; credit printer, radar, etc...).

IMO Missouri has sailed into the WOWS proverbial sunset. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
On 4/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, nagasakee said:

On 4/14/2018 at 4:55 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They'll never put a Tier IX FreeXP ship as a Crate drop.  They never did so before.  Musashi is a very new thing still, maybe 2 months old at best.

Musashi came out Jan 17th

Missouri will never be in a crate IMO.

Members
170 posts
7,690 battles

Now that it's all said and done, what's the consensus on why she was pulled among the contributors and reddit gumshoes? I legitimately feel bad for new USN BB mains who won't get to experience her glory. The NC was the reason I started playing Warships, but the MO is the reason I have chosen to stick with it long term. 

This is wild speculation, but maybe the next Freemium T9 will be HMS Vanguard. If she was in some sort of Korean War configuration like the Mizzou she could be an excellent complement. Also the national pride factor is certainly there. But who knows, isn't there a premium Des Moines floating around somewhere?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
5 hours ago, rapier_ape said:

Now that it's all said and done, what's the consensus on why she was pulled among the contributors and reddit gumshoes? I legitimately feel bad for new USN BB mains who won't get to experience her glory. The NC was the reason I started playing Warships, but the MO is the reason I have chosen to stick with it long term. 

This is wild speculation, but maybe the next Freemium T9 will be HMS Vanguard. If she was in some sort of Korean War configuration like the Mizzou she could be an excellent complement. Also the national pride factor is certainly there. But who knows, isn't there a premium Des Moines floating around somewhere?

The most widely expressed thoughts on why Missouri was removed is because they gave it too large of a bonus for earnings. I think the fact the Musashi, also a T9 BB that cost 750K Free XP, does not earn as well backs that theory up.

The Premium version of Des Moines is Salem. Not out yet.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Salem

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles

Has no one watched "waterline" they're two videos there to watch explaining how flint will be available for coal and steel new limited currencies. It is my belief that Missouri will be at a higher price behind these new limited currencies which means very hard to get. Steel for instance will be only available in clan battles and coal for everyone. I saw this same thing done in another free to play scifi game called battlepirates and it failed causing many to leave it started out as a small innocent thing and then became required for research and exclusive ship upgrades. I will wait to see what happens with this new currency which should be appearing sometime in the next 6 months.