Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_NewZealand

For Meritorious Service

32 comments in this topic

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

This needs to be a permacamo option available for every ship (or at least every British ship). It does a superb job representing the Royal Navy (and, I believe, French) interwar pale grey paint schemes, and, frankly, I think it's the best looking "camo that isn't actually camouflage" in the game.

Some real world examples (yes I know the first two are Repulse and Hood):

5MRzBNm.jpg

Haifa,_result_of_terrorist_acts_&_govern

tgP7uh3.jpg

M2Tppui.jpg

In particular, look how awesomely it syncs up on Iron Duke and real world Emperor of India:

3WPigi1.jpg

3KCqBEG.jpg

Edited by AviationBattleship_Hyuga
  • Cool 5

[O_O]
Members
4,336 posts
9,309 battles

+1.  I really like the "non-camo camo" of Mikasa, Missouri, Arizona, etc.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

It’s beautiful. Any more screenshots?

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Yay, more camos. Great idea. You'd think WG would be behind stuff like this. It would give them a more honest way of making money.

• Bad 1

Members
1,246 posts
20,656 battles

It is really nice.   I also like the St Louis and Emden looks.

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

I wish all the american ships were like the Missouri, which has the choice of Measure 22 or a more "standard" camo. 

• Cool 1

Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles
47 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

As someone just mentioned; Emden also has a nice ‘natural’ camo.

Wish we could get a USS Oregon and USS Olympic in their white camo.

[FLAGG]
Members
52 posts
5,908 battles

I agree, I keep it just to look at it in port.  I would pay for this as a permacamo! 

15 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I wish all the american ships were like the Missouri, which has the choice of Measure 22 or a more "standard" camo. 

+1 same here

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
16 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As someone just mentioned; Emden also has a nice ‘natural’ camo.

Wish we could get a USS Oregon and USS Olympic in their white camo.

So does... uh... Konig Albert.

iafFNU7.jpg

I mean, that basically is the same camo, just with dark turret roofs.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,066 posts
7,616 battles
47 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Yay, more camos. Great idea. You'd think WG would be behind stuff like this. It would give them a more honest way of making money.

Instead of that dishonest way where they offer services and products in exchange for currency!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Actually, the "non-camo camo" of the Missouri and Alabama (don't remember if that includes the Arizona or not) is pretty decent camo, because it's a darker blue shade that blends fairly well with the ocean and the background.

OTOH, those interwar white paint jobs really shouldn't be called "camo" at all.  They're more like white bullseyes that make the ship easier to spot than harder.

Now, mind you, I'm not against those paint jobs.  I'd love to see a USN version of the Great White Fleet paint job for USN ships.  But part of me really thinks that perhaps those paint jobs should give none of the basic "camo" benefits (i.e. the -3%/-4%), but should give economic benefits, like credits earned and/or various XP bonuses.  This would be a somewhat more realistic way to handle them, since the paint job wouldn't foolishly pretend to have the slightest sort of camouflage benefits, but would help with the other things.

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
51 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Oh puh-leeze.  :Smile_facepalm:

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, the "non-camo camo" of the Missouri and Alabama (don't remember if that includes the Arizona or not) is pretty decent camo, because it's a darker blue shade that blends fairly well with the ocean and the background.

OTOH, those interwar white paint jobs really shouldn't be called "camo" at all.  They're more like white bullseyes that make the ship easier to spot than harder.

Now, mind you, I'm not against those paint jobs.  I'd love to see a USN version of the Great White Fleet paint job for USN ships.  But part of me really thinks that perhaps those paint jobs should give none of the basic "camo" benefits (i.e. the -3%/-4%), but should give economic benefits, like credits earned and/or various XP bonuses.  This would be a somewhat more realistic way to handle them, since the paint job wouldn't foolishly pretend to have the slightest sort of camouflage benefits, but would help with the other things.

Oh, come on. 90% of the camouflages we have available to use are complete clown shows. FTW? Back-2-School? Sci-Fi Space? Should we strip the bonuses from these, too? Because I definitely think being painted a haze-grey color would be a hell of a lot more useful than looking like the Millennium Falcon with syphilis. 

*Edit* Some examples (though by no means the only ones):

G1mbPbZ.jpgk7b6myp.jpgmcN3bwm.jpgHz8NJTs.jpgldJNEI4.jpghZhpuKd.jpg

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
4 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Oh, come on. 90% of the camouflages we have available to use are complete clown shows. FTW? Back-2-School? Sci-Fi Space? Should we strip the bonuses from these, too? Because I definitely think being painted a haze-grey color would be a hell of a lot more useful than looking like the Millennium Falcon with syphilis. 

Actually, I'd love to see the school bus camo lose its basic camo benefits.  As for the sci-fi camo, actually, since it's mostly gray, it's camo value probably isn't all that bad compared to many of the ridiculous camos.

Frankly, I wish that more  camouflages has a more realistic feel to them.  Note, I did NOT say that they should be strictly historical.  Nor did I say that they should all be used or proposed patterns and colors.  But I don't see anything wrong with using camo colors and patterns that FEEL like they could have been used, because it seems to me that that covers a LOT of potential variety.

As for non-camouflaging yet realistic or just realistic feeling paint jobs, I have no problem with them.  I just wish that they weren't treated as being camouflage.  Allow them to have "economic" benefits but no camo benefits.

Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

As for non-camouflaging yet realistic or just realistic feeling paint jobs, I have no problem with them.  I just wish that they weren't treated as being camouflage.  Allow them to have "economic" benefits but no camo benefits.

I like this; would give me a reason to use some of my older camos; (type 1 and 2 for example,) which don’t get used much any more.

Members
834 posts
4,580 battles
59 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Waaaay back in CBT (I think) all USN ships had Measure 22 as standard. This was before camouflages were introduced in the game. I agree, there should be a larger quantity of historical liveries for the different nations, like M22 for the USN ships, Outboard grey for the Germans, etc.

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
27 minutes ago, LordGomes said:

Waaaay back in CBT (I think) all USN ships had Measure 22 as standard. This was before camouflages were introduced in the game. I agree, there should be a larger quantity of historical liveries for the different nations, like M22 for the USN ships, Outboard grey for the Germans, etc.

This is going to seem a bit OT, but what the heck.

One of the things that really annoyed me in WoT back before WoWS was that they had all this camo over there, but they did NOT have perhaps the single most iconic German camo of the entire war.  That is, the North Africa campaign's solid mustard yellowish paint job for German tanks.  That always annoyed me enormously.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

It would give them a more honest way of making money.

I don't at all understand what is 'dishonest' about what they do with camos now.  If you don't like the price, you don't have to pay for it.  Nothing is hidden...

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
20 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I don't at all understand what is 'dishonest' about what they do with camos now.  If you don't like the price, you don't have to pay for it.  Nothing is hidden...

Exactly.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,066 posts
7,616 battles
26 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Shh, they're trying to hate on the establishment and people of means who can afford the price of their hobby.

[5BS]
Members
4,540 posts

Shouldn't people be happier they are making more premium camos? Isn't that a *better* way for WGIng to make their bones than releasing more and more PTW boats that they are 'forced' to remove from sale due to causing increasingly huge swaths of imbalance? Hell, they may get to the point, with sale of camos being 'worth' more, that they can *gasp* stop having to MAKE premium ships that cost money and just switch to a regular cosmetic market like it works on basically every other MMO in existence.

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Shh, they're trying to hate on the establishment and people of means who can afford the price of their hobby.

Christ this is getting old.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Christ this is getting old.

Now I'm not sure who you're unhappy about...

Sign in to follow this