Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rafinesque

Tier V Fighter Balance- What has Changed?

6 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
7,006 battles

Just played two battles in T4 Hosho where I had to deal with enemy T5 Bogue fighters.  My Hosho has a 17 point captain, ALL the relevant captain skills to help fighters, and thus my initial squadron has 5 Tier V fighters.  The enemy Bogue fighter squadrons were 6 plane Tier 5 squadrons, and in both games completely annihilated my squadrons without losing a single T5 Wildcat.   They did this without any AAA assistance from their friendly ships.  One game I thought was a fluke, but two games is an underlying change.

These Bogue captains were unlikely to have skill levels higher than my 17 point captain, but their equal-Tier fighters wiped mine out without a loss. 

What is going on?

PS: Next fight was with T4 Langley:  His 6ship T4 fighters annihilated my 5 ship T5 fighters with a loss of only 3 planes.  Again, WTH is going on?

Edited by Rafinesque

Members
35 posts
7,006 battles

If "Karma" is just unlucky RNG rolls, yes, that is possible.

Comparing Fighter powers though

Hosho: 5 x T5 fighters, 1040 HP, 39 HP/sec

Langley 6 x 5T4 fighters, 860 HP, 32 HP/sec

and the Langley beat the Hosho squadron with 2 fighters left over.  Starting with only ONE more plane, of lower tier, and 20% fewer HP, and 20% less damage per second.  How should this happen? 

Bogue 6 x T5 fighters, 1373 HP, 47 HP/sec

That should produce a reliable victory for the Bogue's fighters over the Hosho's every time, what with the Bogue's nearly 40% more HP and 20% more damage per second.  But that still seems grossly unfair, doesn't it?  For a difference of 1 Tier 5 plane, the Bogue's fighter squadron has 40% more HP and 20% better damage per second? 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
28 minutes ago, Rafinesque said:

If "Karma" is just unlucky RNG rolls, yes, that is possible.

Comparing Fighter powers though

Hosho: 5 x T5 fighters, 1040 HP, 39 HP/sec

Langley 6 x 5T4 fighters, 860 HP, 32 HP/sec

and the Langley beat the Hosho squadron with 2 fighters left over.  Starting with only ONE more plane, of lower tier, and 20% fewer HP, and 20% less damage per second.  How should this happen? 

Bogue 6 x T5 fighters, 1373 HP, 47 HP/sec

That should produce a reliable victory for the Bogue's fighters over the Hosho's every time, what with the Bogue's nearly 40% more HP and 20% more damage per second.  But that still seems grossly unfair, doesn't it?  For a difference of 1 Tier 5 plane, the Bogue's fighter squadron has 40% more HP and 20% better damage per second? 

I'm pretty sure dps is per plane, and maybe HP as well, so Bogue and Langley's extra plane is what tips the scales in their favour. Also, for each plane American planes lose, they loose less dps (1/6 of total) compared to your squadrons (1/5).

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
9 hours ago, Rafinesque said:

These Bogue captains were unlikely to have skill levels higher than my 17 point captain

are you sure about that you only need 11 max they could even get away with 10 to give there fighters the best chance and if they had it there fighters went from 6 to 7 in a squad, even without dog fighting expert the bogue has a stronger dps and 2 more planes then you

Sign in to follow this