You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buckeyefan21x

WG- THE US CV changes (Midway) are terrible. It's time to save the Midway guys

90 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Members
151 posts
6,366 battles

ENOUGH WARGAMING, YOU HAVE DESTROYED THE US CV LINE ALREADY AND ITS TIME TO STOP!! THIS IS STRAIGHT UP [edited]! YOU GUYS WANT TO RUIN THE LAST GLIMMERING HOPE OF A DECENT US CV (MIDWAY)  I CALL ON THE COMMUNITY TO STAND UP AND PROTEST AGAINST WARGAMING TO STOP THESE CHANGES. WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER LIKE WE DID DURING THE ALABAMA SAGA TO MAKE THEM REALIZE THESE ARE BAD DECISIONS! WARGAMING DOESNT LISTEN TO US AS CONSUMERS UNLESS WE BAND TOGETHER BY FORCE AND COMPLAIN HOW DISGRACEFUL THIS IS.  LIGHT THE TORACHES, SHARPEN THE PITCHFORKS AND BRING THE GUNS, ITS TIME TO PROTEST AGANIST THESE CANCEROUS CHANGES!! 

PS I love playing cvs and wargaming wants to ruin it.   With lower tiered planes , lowered amount of planes and with tier 9 and 10 ships over powered  AA as hell , the Midway will officially be dead! I also want a refund on my premium camo that I bought on the Midway since they continue to nerf it into the ground! 

Edited by Buckeyefan21x
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 19

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,153 posts
1,648 battles

Because a 9.5% win rate advantage over the only other Tier X CV is just fine....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[KSC]
Members
207 posts
7,793 battles
17 minutes ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

ENOUGH WARGAMING, YOU HAVE DESTROYED THE US CV LINE ALREADY AND ITS TIME TO STOP!! THIS IS STRAIGHT UP [edited]! YOU GUYS WANT TO RUIN THE LAST GLIMMERING HOPE OF A DECENT US CV (MIDWAY)  I CALL ON THE COMMUNITY TO STAND UP AND PROTEST AGAINST WARGAMING TO STOP THESE CHANGES. WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER LIKE WE DID DURING THE ALABAMA SAGA TO MAKE THEM REALIZE THESE ARE BAD DECISIONS! WARGAMING DOESNT LISTEN TO US AS CONSUMERS UNLESS WE BAND TOGETHER BY FORCE AND COMPLAIN HOW DISGRACEFUL THIS IS.  LIGHT THE TORACHES, SHARPEN THE PITCHFORKS AND BRING THE GUNS, ITS TIME TO PROTEST AGANIST THESE CANCEROUS CHANGES!! 

PS I love playing cvs and wargaming wants to ruin it.   With lower tiered planes , lowered amount of planes and with tier 9 and 10 ships over powered  AA as hell , the Midway will officially be dead! I also want a refund on my premium camo that I bought on the Midway since they continue to nerf it into the ground! 

We dont need to go so Extreme. but that being said it would be a Mistake to make that change

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,964 posts
6,441 battles

WG has no idea how to  balance CVs, plain and simple, but for some reason its mostly the USN CVs that get the nerfs, i cant remember the last nerf that the IJN Cvs got

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,080 battles

It feels like the US CV's get crapped on by their IJN counterparts until tier IX or X. I say let the Midway be better. It's the least they could do to pay off the misery people go through with Ranger and Lexington. Almost the entirety of the IJN line is better than the US line. The only truely competitive USN CV that isn't Essex or Midway is Saipan, and it's a premium. With mid-tier CV play being ruled almost solely by Kaga and Shokaku, there has to be a tech tree carrier that is actually better than it's counterpart. 

Besides, Midway was the pinnacle of WW2 Carrier design. She was designed and built to utterly crush any other Carrier she saw, and that design was good enough to warrant almost 50 years of service. Let Midway be better than Hakuryu. Oh well. Just play Shokaku or something and feast on the tears of that poor Lexington Captain. or Hiryu. I don't care.

It seems like WG doesn't want a competent USN CV for some reason. Is it compensation for the fact that historically US Carriers beat the crap out of Japan's Carriers?

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Members
151 posts
6,366 battles

Why not just give the Japan CV more planes. They said in short battles the CV are equal so why not just add more planes to other CV. Both CVS planes get destroyed so easily by the OP AA at tiers 9 and 10. It would benefit both 

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,419 posts
3,413 battles
5 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

WG has no idea how to  balance CVs, plain and simple, but for some reason its mostly the USN CVs that get the nerfs, i cant remember the last nerf that the IJN Cvs got

It was either the reduction to torpedo damage or downtiering the planes of one of the IJN CVs after excessive performance.

Both was just as heavily ranted on as people are with Midway now. But in time it will pass as it becomes accepted.

• Angry 1

Beta Testers
853 posts
3,449 battles

lol, this is so sad. Stop beating the dead horse that is the most nerfed ship in WoWs history. Let her burn. Let her burn so badly that nobody will play her anymore. And maybe, just maybe, WG will realize what they've done...

Members
23 posts
5,275 battles

Chill! Firstly, owning a premium camo does not make you or anyone entitled to demand change for digital product that is subject to change and balances. What you paid for is a cosmetic item... so suck it up, buddy.

Secondly, 40 less planes isn't that bad. Loosing 40 planes is identical to loosing a whole air wing that a Midway can field with AS skill (7+7+6+6+7+7). Even with a reduced hangar, the Midway would only need to play more conservatively with its planes and be more selective of its targets. I welcome this move as it ultimately raises both the skill floor and skill cap of the Midway. I'd like to see them removing only 36 planes to make parity with the Hakuryu's 100-planes hangar; basically removing an air wing without AS skill.

I have to point out an irony with WG's "balancing" methods. Graf Zepplin is blatantly overpowered while USN CVs are getting the nerf-hammer.... 

• Bad 2

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles

Can't have one US CV that is better than its IJN counterpart right WG? People expect US ships to be trash tier.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

Eh too many caps in that wall of text, try reformatting to make it readable.

4TKUe6f.gif

• Funny 1

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,794 battles
1 hour ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

Copied CV driver. I play CA's 90% of the time. I love CV's in battle. They make it more challenging. I also NEVER play in tunnel vision. CV's sink me a lot, but BB's more. As I have stated many times before, CV's make players have to play outside of tunnel vision mode. Most BB players cannot do this. I back you all the way., but WoW's, who kiss BB butt will never give you drivers a fair, let alone equal chance.

Leave the CV's alone WG. Those of us who like a challenge love them. Buff CV's and nerf BB's. I will supply toilet roll for those BB's and others who cannot play properly. Diapers are extra!! 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,784 posts
13,602 battles

As a player who as suffered deletion at the will of the Midway cancer in all types of ships I don't think they've nerf'd it enough. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
1 hour ago, Halonut24 said:

I say let the Midway be better. 

Sure, but does it need to be nearly 10% better I think is the question people have.

I equal your vote of 1 human that plays WoWs who has a shiny credit card, and I say it needs a nerf. Uh oh.... 

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Can't have one US CV that is better than its IJN counterpart right WG? People expect US ships to be trash tier.

I think the issue is that more people expect USN to be god tier here on NA and are not satisfied with anything but.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

Someone brought up the stat that Midway is played 3000k Times a week. That means this is so overblown on both sides of the argument.

[INTEL]
Members
8,437 posts
25,312 battles
19 hours ago, RenamedUser_1016429039 said:

Chill! Firstly, owning a premium camo does not make you or anyone entitled to demand change for digital product that is subject to change and balances. What you paid for is a cosmetic item... so suck it up, buddy.

Yep. bought premium camo. Once. Then the ship got nerfed. You can fool me once...

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,668 posts
7,566 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

I think the issue is that more people expect USN to be god tier here on NA and are not satisfied with anything but.

God tier like the Ranger and Lex?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
17 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

God tier like the Ranger and Lex?

Oh, and here I thought this was about Midway, guess not. Let's talk about how horribly USN DD perform on the average too if that's the case. 

• Bad 2

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
4 hours ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

wow, now you feel what I felt when nerfing the KAGA they reduced their planes from 90 to 85, because they are Japanese without seeing that the kaga carries nothing OP paper airplanes.
kaga is OP in T6 but in 7 things change a bit, and in T8 / 9 their planes are nothing for the AAs of those tiers!

• Bad 1

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
68 posts
5,966 battles

Let all get one thing straight  all cv are about to be fjdjdhdubdhd  real hard by US light cruisers massive AA and it looks like Brit DD AA. This should be taking into consideration  to. It shouldn't be cv fault for lonely players by themselves with no aa spec to cry murder.  

Edited by OppressorUnion

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,668 posts
7,566 battles
34 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Oh, and here I thought this was about Midway, guess not. Let's talk about how horribly USN DD perform on the average too if that's the case. 

Sorry I guess we are not allowed to show examples that don’t agree with your assertion. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2