Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Pan Aisian DDs - Shenyang Gameplay - Ambush Torper.

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I had been holding off running up this line, as I've been working up a few of the cruiser lines, of late - and its mostly been a credit issue.  Those of you grinding multiple lines know exactly what I'm talking about - ha ha!

However - after a watching a few videos of the gameplay the PA DD line offers - I decided to kick it off.

Wow - to say I'm impressed with their relative strengths would be an understatement!  Great gunboats, excellent torpedos (speed, range, alpha, detectability, reload - all really strong), excellent stealth, excellent speed - and that access to smoke just makes them arguably the strongest line in the game. 

I really do feel this line has usurped the US and KMS DDs as the best "all-rounders" in the game.

I wondered how having torps that don't hit other DDs would effect their ability to contest caps - especially in early match - but I haven't found it to be much of a weakness, to this point.  I kill most DDs in cap knife fights with guns - and the guns on these boats have been very good, so far - and I would put forward that in the higher tiers (T8+) - its very rare to catch a red DD with torps in smoke, as most DD skippers have learned that sitting in smoke can be a quick trip back to port to choose another boat!

I'm currently at the T6 Fushun - and am very, very much looking forward to the T7 Gadjah Mada - it looks to be the strongest T7 DD in the game, and with the MM to make it shine.

Spoiler

9wlDgYP.jpg

Anyway - without further ado - my final match in the Shenyang.  Not a spectacular match, necessarily - but one that shows the boat's insane ability to ambush BBs with close range torpedo attacks.  This boat was made to play aggressively!

• Cool 1

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

I absolutely love this ship, it's my favorite DD so far!

The Fushun is decent and I'm still getting used to the GM (and things like radar it encounters) but when I want to have guaranteed fun I go back to the Shenyang. When my captain gets enough skills for BFT it'll be even more fun

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
19 hours ago, coletrain_commander said:

I absolutely love this ship, it's my favorite DD so far!

The Fushun is decent and I'm still getting used to the GM (and things like radar it encounters) but when I want to have guaranteed fun I go back to the Shenyang. When my captain gets enough skills for BFT it'll be even more fun

T4 is awash in very strong DDs, for sure.  Clemson, izy, Iso, V-170 - and now Shenyang - an embarrassment of riches, for sure!

[STURM]
Members
15 posts
2,975 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, ddoubletapp1 said:

T4 is awash in very strong DDs, for sure.  Clemson, izy, Iso, V-170 - and now Shenyang - an embarrassment of riches, for sure!

Shenyang is a very underrated bote, but mostly because new players can't torp other dds so tend to abandon this line.  Shenyang is faster than a hiccup has awesome alpha on its guns, even if they are slow to traverse and fire, but thanks to the speed at this tier, rushing BBs has never been so much fun.   Tossing out one of the never ending smokes and pumping AP into the sides of t3,4,5  CAs for cit's is a damn glorious thing as they can't believe the damage a DD is doing to them.   I found it out played the Clemson, which is a great bote, but with lower detect and far more speed, narrow profile, it will stain the britches of many a t4 BB player.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this