You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Do_Doch_Nicht

Khabarovsk...That Can't be Legit

126 comments in this topic

Members
147 posts

Only time I see Level 10 Ships is in my Level 8 Atago.  Last night, I ran into a Khabarovsk that did some things I have no background with and want to confirm them here if possible.

To begin with it is a Destroyer with 26,000 hit points. Engaging at about 12,000 km I couldn't range it.  Lead was immense, but eventually I acquired lead and was scoring hits.  After engagement, speed is indicated at 43 knots. Highly questionable, even for a ship that research indicates exists as a Fiction.  It never existed and had it existed never would have made 43 knots with 26,000 hit points. It is fairly well armored and though I only landed 13 shells, (both HE and AP), neither did much damage.  Landed four HE in one volley that did about 6K. The Fiction repaired four, (4), times!  Seriously?  A destroyer with 4 repairs?

It hit like a ton of bricks. We both survived the battle, but it did more damage to my Atago with smaller caliber guns than I inflicted. Granted it landed more shells, but if I hadn't have ascertained how  Uber it  is and taken cover behind islands when I could I would not have survived that engagement.  The muzzle velocity enabled it to land more effectively with shells crossing the 12 - 13k engagement range quicker.  It was really unbelievable. 

Is this how this Fiction performs?  Because one on one it's going to kill any Level 8 and lower level cruiser in the game.  Cruisers higher level than that I cannot say, because I don't have a higher level cruiser. But I suspect they'd be greatly challenged. Is this fair? I'm writing this to confirm this Uber Result with the posters here.  I have a film of this engagement and suspect a possible hack. The human operator had a foreign name and Uber battle rating. (Very Uber).  That said, I was not overly impressed with his ship handling. It was the 43 knots that made the engagement a challenge and the amount of damage it took and number of repairs it completed.  

Lets start with the basics before introducing the suspicions.  Appreciate your input. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Members
8,832 posts

It's basically a light cruiser and it's also 2 tiers higher than you. It has the option of repair party but gives up smoke to do so. Your ship is not a good counter to this one. Bear in mind that just because one ship type geneally works well against another this doesn't hold true in all cases. 

• Cool 3

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Welcome to the Russian Bias, wait till they put in the Battlecruiser as a cruiser they're talking about. Rumor has it they're also trying to figure out a way to bring in the Star Wars Deathstar as a Russian light cruiser...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,590 battles

Yeah that's the khab for ya. It has a reputation. It's basically a CL without a citadel in the game. 

Ripnun2 said it better. It can be a hard ship to deal with. 

Edited by Slightlyaskewed
Read rips post.
  • Cool 2

Members
147 posts
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

It's basically a light cruiser and it's also 2 tiers higher than you. It has the option of repair party but gives up smoke to do so. Your ship is not a good counter to this one. Bear in mind that just because one ship type geneally works well against another this doesn't hold true in all cases. 

I will tell you there was a 25% Demetri Domski and an Edinburgh on my side as well.  Alone any one of us was a cooked goose.

If you're saying a DD, designed in 1936, (Designed), should one on one take out an Atago and that is how it works in the game. Say it.

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,336 battles

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,773 posts
13,579 battles

People who have trouble sinking a Khabarovsk 

BvSscdK.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

Khab is a beast, yes, but a well driven Atago will eat it up.  I'm not saying you are bad, but they can be killed.  I would suggest using AP on it the next time you see one.  

B

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

As long as the Khaba stays at 11-12km, and changes course and speed every 2 seconds - it is pretty much immune to... everything. The only time khaba drivers actually die is if they are foolish and get too close, or it's 18 minutes into the game and all the papercuts have finally added up.

• Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
24 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Welcome to the Russian Bias

This.

25 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

It's basically a CL without a citadel in the game.

This.

11 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Be glad it doesn’t have 10km torps anymore.

And don't forget this.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,773 posts
13,579 battles
12 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Truly a sad day for all Khaba Captains. 

:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Members
147 posts
5 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Khab is a beast, yes, but a well driven Atago will eat it up.  I'm not saying you are bad, but they can be killed.  I would suggest using AP on it the next time you see one.  

B

I was using HE until I saw the effect was not good. Changed to AP and next time will focus with it. So thanks.

Checked its armor. Its got 69 mm, more than any other destroyer. Once again, if they wish to armor it up like that, its speed has to be decreased.

It needs a serious Nerfing. I don't like your design team WoW.  You need some fairness in your digital crew. Some good old Germans or Americans. Folks that got to the moon.

I'll  look at the film again before deciding whether to post it. 

• Bad 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,053 posts
7,611 battles

A lot of players don't know how to lead destroyers, never mind ones moving at 43 knots.  Once you get the hang of it, it's soooo satisfying.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
7,937 battles
14 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

I really miss those.  I still land a lotta torps in my Khab, but it's very situational.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,179 posts
2,029 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

A lot of players don't know how to lead destroyers, never mind ones moving at 43 knots.  Once you get the hang of it, it's soooo satisfying.

But you see, they are not the true vanguard of the revolution. A real captain of the VMF knows to engage the special flag and put vodka into the engine for 47.4 knots!

• Funny 1

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,590 battles

This thread just makes me want to quit being lazy and finish my grind in the trashcan so I can finally get this thing. 

[KNMSU]
Members
1,410 posts
809 battles
5 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

But you see, they are not the true vanguard of the revolution. A real captain of the VMF knows to engage the special flag and put vodka into the engine for 47.4 knots!

vodka-is-the-answer-dont-remember-the-qu

• Funny 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
25 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Umm be glad it doesnt have 15.7km range anymore, that was a much bigger concern than torps.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,053 posts
7,611 battles
4 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

s0IDshI.gif

RN0B0Lg.gif

image.png.7d2a0949d5112acea4c14189b8812aeb.png

• Funny 5

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
5,610 battles
14 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

48.7kts top :p

Edited by The_GoDDfather

[HCH]
Beta Testers
857 posts
7,170 battles

<---- Me when I finally get the lead on an annoying Khab that has been peppering me.

Edited by sulghunter331

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

It was no hack. And also, the devs said it doesn’t need anymore balancing besides the loss of the 10km torps that happened a little while back. This is just how Khab is. Also, she can go 48.7kts with speed boost and flag.

[TF16B]
Members
8,059 posts
16,992 battles
11 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

This^^^

Irritates me tremendously watching other players not even try to hit exposed, low health destroyers...

...which I then shoot at from more often than not, farther away, and sink...

Just because I’ve been practicing/doing so since South Carolina, because I was tired of being sunk by destroyers, I find it easy to hit them, as long as I can see them, of course.

Have even made 8-12k Hail Mary shots to save carriers and low health allies from charging destroyers.