You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Silent Thunder: April fools shots fired!

110 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,180 posts
4,521 battles

I predicted subs were coming to War Thunder but modern ones WOW. I bet it is signaling that they will go to modern from WW2. Anyways expect subs in WoWS if it is a success. As WG would have to answer before a massive player bleed off occurs.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,170 battles

I highly doubt the addition of subs in a different game would cause any long term bleed off of players at all.

• Cool 4

[HYDRO]
Members
1,275 posts
3,653 battles

I can see subs being a part of some "convoy" Scenario, with the destroyers being able to use their depth charges, but I dont think subs can fit in random battles

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Yaaaaaay more troll threads about subs! I remember back when those were poping out at least twice a week when the game first came out.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles

This thread gets a 0/10.

Anyone asserting that WoWs needs to follow the gimmicks of another game is trolling.

• Cool 1

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Still say we should just start banning anyone that starts a thread that includes the word "sub". Seriously, get over it already. They have said repeatedly that subs are NOT getting in this game.

As is, the DD does everything that a sub would do in-game.

• Bad 2

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,201 battles

Oh please!

This thread again?

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

What the same 20 people that keep asking for subs? I would worry more about the new game engine and the fact that they have 64 bit.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
55 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Anyways expect subs in WoWS if it is a success. As WG would have to answer before a massive player bleed off occurs.

I disagree with this completely and totally and believe, again, you are wrong and this is nonsense.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,521 posts
3,514 battles

I'm pleasantly surprised how well thought out it is, seriously with some tweaking it could be a new game mode and should be in my opinion. I really hope they keep it and polish it up because it is fun

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,241 posts

It's an April Fools joke by Gaijin.  And it worked.

I installed WT, realized I had been made a fool of, and promptly uninstalled.  And I will remember.

Edit:  I realize this post isn't very clear.  There is a submarine event in the game, but it is so buggy, the controls so bad and the game play so... obtuse, that all it did was to convince me that this wasn't a place I wanted to spend any time.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

My nephew uninstalled WT because he was getting a virus from it apparently. I uninstalled it because I did not find it very fun.

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,264 posts
3,347 battles

No no no no no subby sub subs.

Kay bye now!

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
2 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I predicted subs were coming to War Thunder but modern ones WOW. I bet it is signaling that they will go to modern from WW2. Anyways expect subs in WoWS if it is a success. As WG would have to answer before a massive player bleed off occurs.

You’ll be waiting until the end of the world before WG decides to put subs in.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,114 posts
8,741 battles

Best subs ever and sadly now gone.

duluth-house-of-donuts.jpg

On the OP, I think this is actually interesting being modern subs and apparently only subs, maybe Gaijin is learning that mixing the battle types does not work well.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,180 posts
4,521 battles
3 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Yaaaaaay more troll threads about subs! I remember back when those were poping out at least twice a week when the game first came out.

Yeah even I have to admit it looks trollish. I think I am more into the fact I called subs on War Thunder. As far as subs coming to WoWS I even doubt it.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,180 posts
4,521 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

It's an April Fools joke by Gaijin.  And it worked.

I installed WT, realized I had been made a fool of, and promptly uninstalled.  And I will remember.

Edit:  I realize this post isn't very clear.  There is a submarine event in the game, but it is so buggy, the controls so bad and the game play so... obtuse, that all it did was to convince me that this wasn't a place I wanted to spend any time.

Modern tanks was last years April fools. M1 Abrams was just added last patch. That other company uses April fools to test ideas.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

The only Sub in the game is a little girl who joins with a battleship and dies too soon.

AND SO IT SHALL REMAIN.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,021 posts
7,604 battles
7 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Warthunder was paying homage to Cold Waters.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

hmm interesting the last game I played was a 2d flash that had subs in it. Too bad there are no battlepirates people around these parts.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,180 posts
4,521 battles
23 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Warthunder was paying homage to Cold Waters.

Yes that too. They put depth charges on their Destroyers so either they are going to make a way for them to sink surface ships or April fools is an under water mechanics test for their naval game to see if it works and get feedback before going on with further with testing.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,785 battles
4 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Yeah even I have to admit it looks trollish. I think I am more into the fact I called subs on War Thunder. As far as subs coming to WoWS I even doubt it.

Nice try.