You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

18 comments in this topic

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

HELLO EVERYONE WAS REVISED A LOT OF THE NORMANDIE, all its characteristics until 1919, and he had 24 secondary guns of 139mm but WG withdrew 6 of them making the battleship weaker, has the lowest HP of all BB T6 48300, has the worst protection of torpodedos with 14% of T6,

very short AA to say that normadie is version 1941 !!!

Why are 6 secondary 139mm cannons removed?

his secondaries of 139mm have horrible ARCS

because the nerf as always to ships of other nations with the exception of USA ??

NORMADIE WITH 24 GUNS SECUNDARIES OF 139MM for 1919

121704FranceNormandieClass19171919Study1

Normandie_class_battleship.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandie-class_battleship

Edited by rafael_azuaje
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
8,804 posts

Why would she need a buff?  I find she does really well with nice speed good arcs for her 8 forward guns just lacking in aa.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

hello I refer to the secondary arcs for example: when the boat attacks sideways only works the secondaries secondary but not those of stern or prow and you can see that those cannons can turn, and if you have the normandie you need 6x1 139mm 3 for each side, bro UP is image normandie 1919, 24x1 139mm 

• Bad 1

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wow, you're really afraid noone is going to hear you, aren't you. Possibly you're hard of hearing or suffer from bad eyesight, I better make my post very loud as well to make sure you can read it ok.

Normandie doesn't need a buff. It's competitive in WR and near the top in DPG. If anything, it's a bit strong.

[

24dpr2f.jpg

My point, LERT to add the remaining secondary cannons, as it really was, I do not care about the WR.

I apart from playing WOWS I detail many boats, an example of which I spoke a long time ago. because the duke of york is the garbage version of his twin king George V?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
Just now, rafael_azuaje said:

I do not care about the WR.

That much is obvious. Thing is though, WG does.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

Wait a minute..   Did I just wake up in a parallel dimension (again) ????

In the reality I recall, Normandie was scrapped with only one sister turned into an aircraft carrier.

Soooooo...  

Historically correct? 

I want a 2-2-2 loadout on my T6 battleship.

And yes, those secondaries would be quite adequate against Kamikaze wanna-bee's.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,200 posts
10,163 battles
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

HELLO EVERYONE WAS REVISED A LOT OF THE NORMANDIE, all its characteristics until 1919, and he had 24 secondary guns of 139mm but WG withdrew 6 of them making the battleship weaker, has the lowest HP of all BB T6 48300, has the worst protection of torpodedos with 14% of T6,

because the nerf as always to ships of other nations with the exception of USA ??

121704FranceNormandieClass19171919Study1

Normandie_class_battleship.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandie-class_battleship

You got your nations all wrong with reference to nerfs, bro.

[HELLS]
Members
1,684 posts
15,185 battles

Her current imaginary configuration is bad enough as is. Put the speed flags on it, build her with the magazine protection in slot 1, and go kiting on the flanks. Everyone will hate you if they get caught inside 12 km with the strong AP and 12 barrels with the decent reload that she has. I'm grinding up this line to get to Richelieu, and once I get there, all of the MN BBs at the lower tiers are going to be sold out, along with the cruisers that did not serve under the Free French flag. I am stuck with two MN premiums that served under Vichy and were scuttled rather than serve with the Allies as it is. Make what you want of this...de la merde, ça sent toujours de la merde, comme disent les Français....

[SVF]
Members
859 posts
1,277 battles
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

normandie has really belt 300mm  and WG reduce to 180mm..

Not the whole story.  True, the portion of fore belt armor extending past the TDS is 180mm, but there are strips behind that TDS of 240mm and 280mm belt.

Members
9,862 posts
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

hello I refer to the secondary arcs for example: when the boat attacks sideways only works the secondaries secondary but not those of stern or prow and you can see that those cannons can turn, and if you have the normandie you need 6x1 139mm 3 for each side, bro UP is image normandie 1919, 24x1 139mm 

You know this is an Arcade game....right?:Smile_amazed:

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
3 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

2 hours ago, Lert said:

Wow, you're really afraid noone is going to hear you, aren't you. Possibly you're hard of hearing or suffer from bad eyesight, I better make my post very loud as well to make sure you can read it ok.

Normandie doesn't need a buff. It's competitive in WR and near the top in DPG. If anything, it's a bit strong.

I just can't read, with all this screaming going on.

Members
842 posts

The answer here is to ask another question:

Is the Normandie's performance deficient (or overpowered) in its current form, relative to the other ships in its tier?

If the answer to that question is NO (which it appears to be), then there's no need or requirement or justification to make a change.

"Because of history/real life" is NEVER an acceptable justification. It's that simple.

Edited by EAnybody

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 1/4/2018 at 10:04 PM, EAnybody said:

The answer here is to ask another question:

Is the Normandie's performance deficient (or overpowered) in its current form, relative to the other ships in its tier?

If the answer to that question is NO (which it appears to be), then there's no need or requirement or justification to make a change.

"Because of history/real life" is NEVER an acceptable justification. It's that simple.

the normandie has little penetration Vs battleships of Tier 5, when normandie face the BB of T6 is worse since it has a lot of rebounds or breaks its projectiles vs: arizona, new mexico, bayern, if it stumbles with BB of T7 the story is saddest. Now I've checked the secondary pipes and it has a lot of deficiency, for example 9 cannons of 139MM on the side only shoots 4 the others remain in afk.and you have the normandie enter training room and you will see it!

besides the normandie they are missing 6 pieces of 139mm, I do not understand why WG is removed!

Members
842 posts
50 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

the normandie has little penetration Vs battleships of Tier 5, when normandie face the BB of T6 is worse since it has a lot of rebounds or breaks its projectiles vs: arizona, new mexico, bayern, if it stumbles with BB of T7 the story is saddest. Now I've checked the secondary pipes and it has a lot of deficiency, for example 9 cannons of 139MM on the side only shoots 4 the others remain in afk.and you have the normandie enter training room and you will see it!

The French "design flavor" for BBs is large numbers of smaller caliber guns, having good accuracy (worse than IJN, slightly worse than US, about the same as RN, better than KM) and good dispersion (worse than US, better than IJN or RN, and much better than KM) and good turret rotation.

The T5, T6, and T7 French BBs all have the same 340mm guns, with the same penetration issues.

The consequence is that, when facing other BBs, they either have to rely on plunging fire (i.e. 14km+ or so) or close in (6km or less) to be able to pen the deck or belt armor.  They don't do well in the mid-distances (8-12km), and get shatters as you notice. 

That's not a overall problem.  Every nation's BBs struggle at some range. 

Plus, the lower-caliber 340mm means they're less likely to overpen on thinner armor - the bow/stern of BBs, and, in particular, most cruiser armor.

Normandie also has, by far, the heaviest secondary armament of all T6 BBs. 18 large caliber and 12 medium caliber secondaries. The tradeoff is the 139mm are casemated, and have pretty bad firing arcs. The 90mm, through, are excellent.

Also, you'll note the Normandie, while having mediocre armor thickness, has a turtleback and is pretty hard to citadel. It also has EXTREMELY good speed. It's a LOT faster than any of it's peers, faster than all the T7 BBs except the Gneisenau/Scharnhorts. That allows it to set the terms of the engagement.

besides the normandie they are missing 6 pieces of 139mm, I do not understand why WG is removed!

Because the design you are referring to had virtually NO AA guns.  Since the 139mm are purely casemated anti-surface guns, that meant the Normandie design was practically naked against air attack.  So WG decided (rightly so) that a completely defenseless BB wasn't OK, and added period-appropriate medium and lightweight AA guns. Otherwise, the Normandie would get nuked by the T6, let alone possibly T7 or T8 CVs it sees.

You'll note that the majority of designs that I can find for Normandie don't have ANY 90mm dual-purpose guns on them.  WG gave them 12!

So you'll forgive me from thinking that sacrificing 6 of the 139mm for some AA protection (and some anti-DD protection, too) is a good tradeoff for game balance.

Here's WG's notes on the design:   https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/french-shiptease/#no

The truth is that the French BBs are excellent cruiser-killers (which, IMHO, is a terrible thing for the game), but only mediocre against other BBs. The Normandie doesn't appear to struggle in overall performance - it just doesn't play the same as other nation's BBs.

Edited by EAnybody

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
4,717 battles
5 hours ago, EAnybody said:

The truth is that the French BBs are excellent cruiser-killers

This is exactly why I loved the Normadie. She was great a punishing cruisers and broadside Battleships. Also her armor is terrible if you show your side to other Battleships but it is just as tanky as the Arizaona if angled right. 

Also I enjoy her more then then the Lyon since the Lyon seems less accurate despite having more guns and sees tier 8 a lot more. (At least for me it does.)

Edited by Nimitz_1701

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

YOU WATCH!!!! NORMANDIE SECONDARIES COMPARATION!

normandie trainig room vs new mexico in afk only secondaries TEST.

NORMANDIE 245 HITS AND DAMAGE 3540 to new mexico in afk bot

31dwSzs.jpeg

dCn0pQh.jpeg

1 gun stern is afk why? 

U5XdNyA.jpeg

IF YOU WAHTCH 4 guns secondaies is AFK ,why not turn?

now if you compare with mutsu has better secondaries VS same new mexico only secondaries..

all secondaries is works

9f2upMZ.jpeg

mutsu 109 hits = 27213 damage to same new mexico on afk bot

ITC2SP9.jpeg

WG NEED CHECK NORMANDIE SECONDARIES AFK