You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Oh For the love of god, WG

50 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

Stop nerfing US carriers! Do you even play your game or listen to any players feedback? And here I was gonna to finish the grind to midway soon, but now I never gonna to finish it if you guys keep buffing Hakuryu  indirectly.

American aircraft carrier Midway had her hangar limited to 96 planes instead of 136. The ship performed about equally to Hakuryu in shorter battles, but in longer ones the Japanese rival often had issues because of Midway's larger hangar.

the line that i highlighted is total [edited] lie, stop coming up with excuses to justified your nerfs

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

What I don't understand, is why they continue to wildly adjust these things in the name of balance, when the carrier revamp is SUPPOSEDLY going to completely overturn the cart. I mean, setting aside the obvious bias issues against American boats that have just become routine with this company... why bother?

YOdCf5g.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
4 minutes ago, AviationBattleship_Hyuga said:

What I don't understand, is why they continue to wildly adjust these things in the name of balance, when the carrier revamp is SUPPOSEDLY going to completely overturn the cart. I mean, setting aside the obvious bias issues against American boats that have just become routine with this company... why bother?

YOdCf5g.jpg

Because right now these changes they’re doing are about CV vs CV balance. Which is why they addressed how she did against Hak. The CV rework will not be about CV vs CV balance, but about CV vs the other ship types balance.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

I don't doubt their reasoning. Although, it would be nice if WG provided some direct and perhaps simplified performance stats of the two carriers to justify the change.

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts
16 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Because right now these changes they’re doing are about CV vs CV balance. Which is why they addressed how she did against Hak. The CV rework will not be about CV vs CV balance, but about CV vs the other ship types balance.

2 minutes ago, Panbun said:

I don't doubt their reasoning. Although, it would be nice if WG provided some direct and perhaps simplified performance stats of the two carriers to justify the change.

Looking at her performance she does better in every single area than the Hakuryu.

https://na.warships.today/vehicles - 2weeks tier X CVs

Edited by _WaveRider_

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

the midway was the one CV everyone doing the US CV line looked forward  to getting it was the one CV the out classed the IJN CV, now WG is just screwing it up the US CV have had to compete with premium CV and the IJN CV having the upper hand with there different loadouts and the first time the US CV get a CV thats better then IJN all they do is keep nerfing it till the IJN CV is better then it.

i really dont think WG has any idea what they are doing at all they change the clear sky achievement to make it eaiser for tier X CV to get it if facing a midway to a few days later nerfing the hanger size making the clear sky change pointless. why dont they for once nerf the IJN CV to allow a better balance at lower tiers against US CV

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
31 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Because right now these changes they’re doing are about CV vs CV balance.

if that was half true they would off changed lower tier IJN load outs to balance out with the US CV loadouts

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,024 battles
15 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Looking at her performance she does better in every single area than the Hakuryu.

https://na.warships.today/vehicles - 2weeks tier X CVs

So nerf it? With that logic every few weeks WG should nerf the top performing ship in all tiers and types. Makes no sense.

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,024 battles
45 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

Stop nerfing US carriers! Do you even play your game or listen to any players feedback? And here I was gonna to finish the grind to midway soon, but now I never gonna to finish it if you guys keep buffing Hakuryu  indirectly.

the line that i highlighted is total [edited] lie, stop coming up with excuses to justified your nerfs

I don't play Midway/carriers but this is wrong. If they screw up the CA/CL split, and it looks like they will, once the my premium time is up it's time to call it quits.

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts
4 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

So nerf it? With that logic every few weeks WG should nerf the top performing ship in all tiers and types. Makes no sense.

If another ship is performing better than its counterpart why not. Of course you may want to wait to see the results, but if one ship beats the other in every single stat category then yes, I would say a change is needed for balance.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,522 battles

It's an appropriate area to nerf, if ahistorical. Midway basically never runs out of planes, which removes one of the main CV balance mechanics.

That said, if they're going to arbitrarily adjust hangar sizes for balance, I wish they'd do something about Independence.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,024 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

If another ship is performing better than its counterpart why not. Of course you may want to wait to see the results, but if one ship beats the other in every single stat category then yes, I would say a change is needed for balance.

Unfortunately they have no clue what balance means. They balance discrete parts but on whole they miss the overall balance of the game i.e. increasing irrelevance of cruisers as an example. I'm OK with super-predator ships. I don't like getting waxed by a very strong ship, captained by a good player but for every time you see that you will see the inverse. I also don't mind seeing CVs being the all-powerful capital ships- it's good in culling the BB overpopulation.

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts
1 minute ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Unfortunately they have no clue what balance means. They balance discrete parts but on whole they miss the overall balance of the game i.e. increasing irrelevance of cruisers as an example. I'm OK with super-predator ships. I don't like getting waxed by a very strong ship, captained by a good player but for every time you see that you will see the inverse. I also don't mind seeing CVs being the all-powerful capital ships- it's good in culling the BB overpopulation.

Well, then you will agree with me that no matter what ship they choose, as long as it is in the same tier, anyone who plays this game should have an equal chance to survive, do damage, earn credits and XP. The 4 main areas of this game. :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
30 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

if that was half true they would off changed lower tier IJN load outs to balance out with the US CV loadouts

It is true. It’s just that they only did Midway vs Hak balancing. Which is still CV vs CV balancing. Never said atm they were focused on all the tiers.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

another patch another nerf on midway, they not going be happy util she become worse then hak.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
6 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

It is true. It’s just that they only did Midway vs Hak balancing. Which is still CV vs CV balancing. Never said atm they were focused on all the tiers.

midway didnt need this nerf there was no need for it, are they going to nerf hakuryu fighters now to balance out the midway having a smaller hanger i doubt it

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

another patch another nerf on midway, they not going be happy util she become worse then hak.

the way there going with this there going to lose all US CV players or the midway going to get so bad there better off dropping it down to tier 9 cause there not a lot off difference between the essex and midway now

Edited by ausanimal

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,024 battles
17 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Well, then you will agree with me that no matter what ship they choose, as long as it is in the same tier, anyone who plays this game should have an equal chance to survive, do damage, earn credits and XP. The 4 main areas of this game. :Smile_honoring:

Perhaps not exactly equal but close.

To the point of the Midway nerf, it would be interesting to see data relative to divisioning, MM draws, AA of the other ships on both sides, etc. I would like to think they look at all that data but I suspect it is a much more meatheaded evaluation.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
Just now, ausanimal said:

the way there going with this there going to lose all US CV players or the midway going to get so bad there better off dropping it down to tier 9

Maybe thats the plam! :P

I play sinse closed beta, my favorite ship is the midway, and s*ck a lot play with she because you know she always going get nerfed to ground if she start be playable again.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Maybe thats the plam! :P

if you look at it theres not a lot off difference between midway and essex with this nerf, midway has 6 more planes, 1 more TB squard, the fighters are only 1 lvl higher tier 9 to essex tier 8 fighters 

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
3 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

if you look at it theres not a lot off difference between midway and essex with this nerf, midway has 6 more planes, 1 more TB squard, the fighters are only 1 lvl higher tier 9 to essex tier 8 fighters 

the rule is simple. If one usn carrier is doing better then one ijn its going be nerfed util no one else want play with.

Beta Testers
52 posts
586 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

Agree.  Too bad our sailors who sailed these things didn't get an option for equality.  Get with correct stats WG or shut it all down.  You do no one favors when blatantly nerf a ships real abilities to coincide with a fantasy based soley on number crunching.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,697 posts
3,459 battles
9 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Tiers 5-9 are all dominated by Japan. The Ranger and Lexington haven't been competitive in nearly 3 years, with the Lexington and Ranger being bottom 5 shups the entire time.

"Fixing" the Tier 10 Midway which has been viable 3 or 4 months out of nearly 36 is priority though.

• Cool 2

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Tiers 5-9 are all dominated by Japan. The Ranger and Lexington haven't been competitive in nearly 3 years, with the Lexington and Ranger being bottom 5 shups the entire time.

"Fixing" the Tier 10 Midway which has been viable 3 or 4 months out of nearly 36 is priority though.

Whatever it takes to kill the line, man.

whatever-it-takes.jpg