You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TerrorJoe

If you want people to buy 8k DB Camos...

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
220 posts

Then add the sound effects you get on those ships in space battles. Considering how modding is already done, it should be a cake walk (I'm talking less than 30 minutes) for a single dev to add the sounds to the skins. Considering they would be looking at the very least, and I am speaking in the most conservative figure, quadruple current sales..... it is a no brainer.... well at least for a company with even an ounce of business sense.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,392 battles
1 minute ago, kruppw said:

Then add the sound effects you get on those ships in space battles. Considering how modding is already done, it should be a cake walk (I'm talking less than 30 minutes) for a single dev to add the sounds to the skins. Considering they would be looking at the very least, and I am speaking in the most conservative figure, quadruple current sales..... it is a no brainer.... well at least for a company with even an ounce of business sense.

The rich will buy. The poor will cry:cap_wander:

Members
242 posts
608 battles
3 minutes ago, kruppw said:

Now unfortunately I don't have the source on me and I'm at work and can't really research it, but pretty sure we had someone post something on here yesterday confirming they are working on adding the sounds, they just didn't even consider it until they launched them and people asked for them.

[USCC2]
Members
3,419 posts
24 minutes ago, kruppw said:

Personally I do not want the sounds - absolutely fine with the look, but if I end up buying one, I hope they add an option for normal sounds.

Beta Testers
220 posts
2 hours ago, ArgosRising said:

Now unfortunately I don't have the source on me and I'm at work and can't really research it, but pretty sure we had someone post something on here yesterday confirming they are working on adding the sounds, they just didn't even consider it until they launched them and people asked for them.

I don't remember reading anything about them actually stating directly that they would be adding the sounds. The only thing I remember reading was essentially them stating "If time permits we will look into it".

But like I said.... not the most business/common sense company in the world. That's for sure.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,832 battles

If they want to sell a lot of 8000 doubloon ($45.30 CAD) camos, the LEAST they could do is offer better bonuses than the stock permacamo.

While the space skins are cute, I have ZERO interest in spending almost 50 bucks on one without receiving SOME benefit...

Beta Testers
220 posts
Just now, Thraxian said:

If they want to sell a lot of 8000 doubloon ($45.30 CAD) camos, the LEAST they could do is offer better bonuses than the stock permacamo.

While the space skins are cute, I have ZERO interest in spending almost 50 bucks on one without receiving SOME benefit...

Well adding bonuses that are too crazy completely nullifies any reason to get the other camo, or any future camos they release.

I don't think "better" bonuses is the correct course, but "Different" is.

The sound effects for the space models are already in the game. We are talking about EZ PZ addition to the camos..... like hotfix the same day space battles was released kind of easy.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

When very few people buy these camos they will reduce the price down to 5k and call it a "Special Deal". Welcome to the world of marketing. They want to make you think that these camos are worth 8k so that when the reduce the price for a limited amount of time everyone thinks they are getting such a deal and open up their wallets. It's straight from the textbooks and works every time. 

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

they wont' reduce price this season.  may be next year it would be part of crate  with 5k purchase.   

Beta Testers
220 posts

Sound effects not being "space" on Space Camos. This was not initially planned, as we're only starting to explore the possibilities of such uniqie camos, but that's a valid point, so yes, we will immediately consider this and will do our best to implement unique sounds pack option for such camos. This is not a promise though - because right now I cannot give you exact update number - production costs evaluation has not been completed yet. So take it as intention announcement and don't let it affect your possible purchase decisions.

Those are Octavians own words. To me that essentially is a long winded and roundabout way of saying "probably not", at least for the space camos

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,832 battles
1 hour ago, kruppw said:

Well adding bonuses that are too crazy completely nullifies any reason to get the other camo, or any future camos they release.

I don't think "better" bonuses is the correct course, but "Different" is.

The sound effects for the space models are already in the game. We are talking about EZ PZ addition to the camos..... like hotfix the same day space battles was released kind of easy.

I never said anything about 'crazy' bonuses. I simply said that there should be something better in the 8k camo than the standard one, space skins notwithstanding....

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,580 battles

Honestly I’m amazed that anyone would buy these camos for 8,000 doubloons but I’ve already seen two or three. 6,000 or 6,500 maybe. Add in a significant commander XP bonus and it might be worth considering. 

I bought the 5,000 camos for the first few Tier 10s.  It was worth it because I lost credits too often then, but that was along time ago. As someone pointed out, 5,000 doubloons buys you a LOT of Premium time which benefits every ship every day.  I’m not about to buy Premium camo for every Tier 10 at this point.  I bought the 5k camo for Yueyang recently because I expect to play her a lot over time. Wish I’d gotten it for Chung Mu instead though - I really love that ship and she loves me back! 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles

so still no sounds? lol I am surprised this isn't a bigger subject for players

Edited by zarth12

[OPRAH]
Members
1,027 posts
6,572 battles

To me, the sounds would just be icing on the cake.  I'd personally rather have the shell's tracers from the Space Ship event, over having the sound pack.  But meh.  

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 11:43 AM, Landing_Skipper said:

Honestly I’m amazed that anyone would buy these camos for 8,000 doubloons but I’ve already seen two or three. 6,000 or 6,500 maybe. Add in a significant commander XP bonus and it might be worth considering. 

I bought the 5,000 camos for the first few Tier 10s.  It was worth it because I lost credits too often then, but that was along time ago. As someone pointed out, 5,000 doubloons buys you a LOT of Premium time which benefits every ship every day.  I’m not about to buy Premium camo for every Tier 10 at this point.  I bought the 5k camo for Yueyang recently because I expect to play her a lot over time. Wish I’d gotten it for Chung Mu instead though - I really love that ship and she loves me back! 

It's only money.  Some people will pay for the look, and others won't.  WG already said they priced it high on purpose.  They didn't want half the population to be wearing them.

According to Octavian.

I haven't bought any of these, and don't plan to, but, keep in mind, just because you or I wouldn't be interested, doesn't mean others think it's the cat's meow.  And that's fine.  That's their prerogative, and their money.  Not my place to say they can spend it on that or not.

Edited by mavfin87

Members
144 posts
2 hours ago, SaidNoOneEver said:

To me, the sounds would just be icing on the cake.  I'd personally rather have the shell's tracers from the Space Ship event, over having the sound pack.  But meh.  

Agreed. All the above would be even better, and why not? They are already there in the space battles.

Beta Testers
220 posts

still no hotfix to add the sounds and effects?  lol.... hey WG how are those sales going?

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles

I like the camos and dislike the sounds and I guarantee I'm not the only one. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
35 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I like the camos and dislike the sounds and I guarantee I'm not the only one. 

Yes, I am with you on that one.  One of the main reasons WG wanted to keep those skins rare, is to dissuade majority of players from disabling space skins altogether, devaluating the product. Adding the sound will further break the expected historical immersion for some people, and may just make them disable all space skins.  Not a very wise move.