You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheMighyPanda

Which country to play?

6 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
234 battles

I just switched from the Asian server after I found out I was on the wrong server(doh).

On there I've been on the Jap ship lines, kind squishy.

Just wondering now since there's the UK and French line which country would be recommend?

My playstyle would mainly be Cruisers, and I like to be able to get in and get out if I need to as well as being able to be maneuverable and hit hard w/o being too squishy. I tend to rush in but keep a distance while firing shots, I try not to get into a brawl.

Members
242 posts
608 battles
24 minutes ago, TheMighyPanda said:

I just switched from the Asian server after I found out I was on the wrong server(doh).

Just wondering now since there's the UK and French line which country would be recommend?

My playstyle would mainly be Cruisers, and I like to be able to get in and get out if I need to as well as being able to be maneuverable and hit hard w/o being too squishy. I tend to rush in but keep a distance while firing shots, I try not to get into a brawl.

So what are you looking to prioritize? DD hunting? Cruiser killing? BB burning? Do you want to start lots of fires or have really punchy AP shells that tear through ships? Do you want to smoke up and fire away or use your speed to evade or use stealth values to duck in and out of islands? These are some of the differences in CA/CL line styles. 

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
30 minutes ago, TheMighyPanda said:

French 

[SIDE]
Members
1,206 posts
8,683 battles

Rather than ask us what you prefer, you should really try out all the  cruiser lines yourself to tier 5 or 6 to give you some idea of how they play. If you're looking for a safer, jack of all trades line, then my 2 cents says try the german line first.

You mentioned the british and french lines, both of which feature ships that, in my opinion, require a greater degree of proficiency to master. Yes, the british get smoke, but if you make a mistake in them, you get sent back to harbor fast. The same goes with the french line. Neither line is good for newer players. Others undoubtedly will disagree, but I stick with my initial recommendation. Try the german cruiser line first or make some forays up each line and decide yourself.

Edited by _Rumple_

Beta Testers
405 posts
4,755 battles
5 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Rather than ask us what you prefer, you should really try out all the  cruiser lines yourself to tier 5 or 6 to give you some idea of how they play. If you're looking for a safer, jack of all trades line, then my 2 cents says try the german line first.

This.  You really can't give enough information on your playstyle and proficiency for anyone here to do more than give very general responses based on the experience that you may or may not be able to duplicate or want to.  Build some experience with a few different nations, then come back and we can give more detailed tips for improving play is various ships.  get in and have fun.

Members
3,415 posts
6,084 battles
6 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

French 

Those would be the first considering the OPs playstyle as they described.  They are a lot of fun and are faster than any other cruiser line out there I believe.