You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NotoriousRNG

Just played a Missouri game....and that ship is so, so sad.

123 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,863 battles

Let it be known, I am no BaBBy. But I played my first Missouri game in a while tonight because some clan mates are grinding tier 9's.

Islands of Ice map, top tier. The enemy has 3 Alsace, 5 DD's, and some t8-7 cruisers, and other such.

My first salvo of the game - broadside Gneisenau, at 13km. I do 1350hp damage to him. I'm angled perfectly against the enemy Alsace (navigator mod), who does 12k to me from behind. Ok.

That Alsace then hits me again from 17km for another 15k. I shoot his broadside - I get 3k salvo.

I shoot a broadside Fiji, my lead is perfect. I straddle him completely. Above, and below. I get no hits. What?

I watch in awe as an IFHE Atlanta gets more damage per salvo on a broadside Lion than I do. I shoot him with 5 full salvos, and I do between 1k, and 6k each time.

The biggest salvo I have all game is 6k. 6000 damage is the biggest salvo I have from a top tier BB that used to be renowned for its accuracy.

There is something wrong with this ship. I made a thread about it months ago - around the time the citadels in USN BB's were lowered - noting that Missouri dispersion had really gone to the dogs. I used to be able to hit Khabarovsk at 16km with my Montana, and my Missouri. Now? You're lucky to land even a single shell. The shells of these ships used to converge and touch in the air - but now its like a shotgun. What gives?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

Beta Testers
1,159 posts
7,900 battles

Maybe the crew doesn't like you.   My Missouri works great :)

Seriously I haven't noticed anything wrong with her and I play it daily

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon
  • Cool 3

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,863 battles

I've seen others say that too - but mine is consistently horrible. My Yamato gets gross dispersion too, could it be something to do with packet loss and my connection? I am confident its not my aim, as the shells just go hither and thither.

[FACT]
Members
399 posts
3,933 battles

I've seen it in both my Mighty Mo' and the Yamato the last time I played them. Both seem to have insanely wonky dispersion. I noticed this a while ago. I remember one battle in the Missouri where I had a T8 cruiser broadside at 8km and the shells simply scratched his paint for 10% pen damage in the area that is citadel city on those ships. Winning teams and RNG are always against me, however it seems noticeable that something is amiss.

Edited by ARandomClaymore

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,863 battles
2 minutes ago, ARandomClaymore said:

Winning teams and RNG are always against me, however it seems noticeable that something is amiss.

I actually get quite good RNG most of the time - just the Missouri is cactus, really.

[YORHA]
Members
3,268 posts

It would be interesting to know if you are running the dispersion mod or the reload mod.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

im guessing you was shooting at max range

• Bad 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
16 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Yet the dipshits at wargaming and CC's like Notser claim it is all working as intended.

Yet looking at the average stats for the Yamato in the last 2 weeks, its hit rate is top of all the BBs with the Republique; it sits in the middle for damage of all BBs (5th out of all the 20 ships at tier X) and shares the same survival rate as 4 of the other 5 BBs.

Doesn't seem too bad.

As for the Missouri it tops the BBs for hit rate at tier IX, it sits 4th out of the 7 BBs for damage, and it's survival is bang in the middle of the other BBs as well.

Doesn't seem to bad.

Maybe @Notser isn't too far off?

• Cool 5

[-NQ-]
Members
47 posts
3,537 battles

I don't have the Missouri, but I have stopped playing my Iowa until it hopefully gets fixed. It's pretty much unplayable for me right now.

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

As for the Missouri it tops the BBs for hit rate at tier IX, it sits 4th out of the 7 BBs for damage, and it's survival is bang in the middle of the other BBs as well

I don't have the Missouri so I've got no dog in this fight (I don't even play BBs much).  The stats don't always tell the whole story.  The hit rate might be good but that doesn't really mean much if you don't hit where you are aiming and/or you aren't getting the damage that you thought you should be getting.   

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

I don't have the Missouri so I've got no dog in this fight (I don't even play BBs much).  The stats don't always tell the whole story.  The hit rate might be good but that doesn't really mean much if you don't hit where you are aiming and/or you aren't getting the damage that you thought you should be getting.   

The hit rate is good - but that doesn't mean much if you don't hit what you're aiming at? Sorry that doesn't make sense; what are you hitting then?

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles

I picked up Mo the day before she went bye-bye and I'm not impressed with this "awesome" ship. Her accuracy is terrible. If I show even a smidgen of my sides I get citadeled. And she has the maneuverability of a supertanker. Alabama's a much much better BB.

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
14 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

The hit rate is good - but that doesn't mean much if you don't hit what you're aiming at? Sorry that doesn't make sense; what are you hitting then?

You can hit a ship and its good damaging hits, or it could be all overpens because you can't hit the citadel.  Either way the hit rate can be the same, but with wildly different damage.

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
9 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You can hit a ship and its good damaging hits, or it could be all overpens because you can't hit the citadel.  Either way the hit rate can be the same, but with wildly different damage.

But that is why I also stated they are both bang in the middle of all BBs in their tier for damage:

58 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yet looking at the average stats for the Yamato in the last 2 weeks, its hit rate is top of all the BBs with the Republique; it sits in the middle for damage of all BBs (5th out of all the 20 ships at tier X) and shares the same survival rate as 4 of the other 5 BBs.

Doesn't seem too bad.

As for the Missouri it tops the BBs for hit rate at tier IX, it sits 4th out of the 7 BBs for damage, and it's survival is bang in the middle of the other BBs as well.

Doesn't seem to bad.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,857 posts
4,846 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Doesn't seem too bad.

Doesn't seem to bad.

The difference between the use of actual and anecdotal data in accepting or rejecting a hypothesis. +1:Smile_glasses:

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
47 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I picked up Mo the day before she went bye-bye and I'm not impressed with this "awesome" ship. Her accuracy is terrible. If I show even a smidgen of my sides I get citadeled. And she has the maneuverability of a supertanker. Alabama's a much much better BB.

She has the best hit rate of all the BBs in her tier for the last 2 weeks.

We ask Cruisers Captains not to complain (or get gud) if they get citadelled when they show too much side.

And.....I have no idea what her manoeuvrability is like! :Smile_teethhappy:

I guess some ships just work better for some than others.

[INTEL]
Members
8,462 posts
25,360 battles
17 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Doesn't seem too bad.

Doesn't seem to bad.

Clearly if you're not having trouble with it, you're a shill for wargaming.

As for me, her guns perform beautifully. I only play it in Coop, and nearly always do exactly what damage I expect to get with it on any given salvo. It's quite predictable... probably I've been playing this game too long. Lovely ship, really. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[EREKT]
Members
781 posts
5,784 battles

They stealth nerfed her -11% dispersion reduction mod (she's not a money maker for WGing anymore, got rid of an OP ship people will whine about). Get rid of the mod and the sigma seems to get better, it's like you lose sigma for a smaller dispersion ellipse basically. And the musashi seems more accurate now by the way. Main battery hit percentage doesn't mean anything... 2 BBs can have a similar hit rate, but one is going to deliver shells more consistently to centerpoint of your aim.... and have better damage. Crappy sigma can help someone with a bad aim by the way, they'll atleast hit a few shells.

Littlewhitemouse said she was going to investigate the Missouri's sigma, guess she probably doesn't want to open that can of worms.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts
3 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

They stealth nerfed her. Get rid of the -11% dispersion mod and the sigma seems to get better though. And the musashi seems more accurate now by the way.

what?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,072 posts
7,618 battles
17 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Littlewhitemouse said she was going to investigate the Missouri's sigma, guess she probably doesn't want to open that can of worms.

I already did.  Flamu and I had a nice long chat about it.  Since he requested it, I was giving him the opportunity to talk about it first.  The week's out, so I don't feel bad about posting this:

L8AyxVG.gif

Missouri's dispersion hasn't changed from what a 15km dispersion map shows.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 11

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts
23 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I already did.  Flamu and I had a nice long chat about it.  Since he requested it, I was giving him the opportunity to talk about it first.  The week's out, so I don't feel bad about posting this:

L8AyxVG.gif

hasn't changed? i think it gets better

Beta Testers
218 posts
5,301 battles

/shrug

I've just come back a ~3 month break and the Mighty Mo feels the same as when I'd last played her. 

That is to say she still feels as good as I remember. 

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles
52 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

L8AyxVG.gif

Thanks for the input and work you put in. To me it looks like pattern for 6.15.1 maybe somewhat wider but the central concentration of hits is clearly more dense. While 7.3 may look tighter overall, the central focus isn't nearly as dense. So that would mean that the overall amount of hits might not have changed (possibly improved) but the amount of well aimed penetrations and citadels could have decreased (central density of the tracked hits) This would explain to me why MO doesn't feel as strong.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
79 posts
8,369 battles
14 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Quote anyone you want. It doesn't matter. State any stat you want, it doesn't matter. It still doesn't change the fact that there have been players by the bucket loads claiming that it feels off to them. Shove it. @Notser @Notser @Notser

You rang

I think it is quite simple, offer proof for your theory that the Missouri accuracy has been nerfed.  "Feelings" are very dangerous(I should know) and are not something you should share as fact without proof(again, I should know)

• Cool 6
  • Funny 6

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
15 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Quote anyone you want. It doesn't matter. State any stat you want, it doesn't matter. It still doesn't change the fact that there have been players by the bucket loads claiming that it feels off to them. Shove it. @Notser @Notser @Notser

I'm not quoting anyone, just putting the average stats up for 73,488 games over the 2 weeks.