You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Hipper gets better reload, Prinz Eugen heal, Shima buffed and Midway and Orion nerfed.

139 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,123 posts
18,640 battles

German cruiser Admiral Hipper received faster base rudder shift (9.2 s instead of 10.7 s) and faster main battery reload (11.5 s instead of 13). Both are true for Hulls "B" and "C". Even though the cruiser has many unique aspects it didn't always show the desired effectiveness at her tier. Now the ship is a better match for her rivals.

German cruiser Prinz Eugen received the Repair Party consumable, similar in stats to that of Atago. The change increases average lifetime of the cruiser and makes her gameplay more unique, compared to that of Admiral Hipper.

Japanese destroyer Shimakaze's base concealment improved to 7.11 km (instead of 7.56), while with all the modifiers the number is 5.47 km (instead of 5.9 km). This allows her to spot most of the rivals first at her battle tier.

American aircraft carrier Midway had her hangar limited to 96 planes instead of 136. The ship performed about equally to Hakuryu in shorter battles, but in longer ones the Japanese rival often had issues because of Midway's larger hangar.

British battleship Orion had her sigma value decreased to 1.6 from 1.8. This is due to ships heightened efficiency at her tier, especially in the hands of seasoned players.

Source

• Cool 4

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,102 battles

British battleship Orion had her sigma value decreased to 1.6 from 1.8. This is due to ships heightened efficiency at her tier, especially in the hands of seasoned players.

Translation: We had to nerf Orion because of all you filthy seal clubbers out there.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[POP]
Members
842 posts
9,511 battles
7 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Translation: We had to nerf Orion because of all you filthy seal clubbers out there.

Lol truth

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,944 posts
19 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Except Nikolai owners. Feel free to continue seal clubbing to your heart's content.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,509 battles
3 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Except Nikolai owners. Feel free to continue seal clubbing to your heart's content.

"We will never nerf a premium ship"  

Fair and balans comrade!

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Aw yassss... As a Eugen owner who is wee bit aggressive, this is good news.. I should run her more.. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles

Cool. I have Prinz Eugen and love it so a heal will be awesome. I just got to Hipper and am grinding Roon so a better Rudder and reload will be great. When does this happen???

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
298 posts
4,976 battles

I’m very happy that WG listened to the community on the hipper and eugen issues. With these buffs these two ships should be much more competitive and less reliant to the absolute perfect situations to have a great game. 

Im also worried that all these nerfs to the midway in such a short time will hurt t10 cv play. My question to the devs or a radarx would be: Do you think that you gathered enough data and information post flight control changes and also post fighter nerf?  I just think there needs to at least be a few more months to compile enough stats.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

German cruiser Admiral Hipper received faster base rudder shift (9.2 s instead of 10.7 s) and faster main battery reload (11.5 s instead of 13). Both are true for Hulls "B" and "C". Even though the cruiser has many unique aspects it didn't always show the desired effectiveness at her tier. Now the ship is a better match for her rivals.

German cruiser Prinz Eugen received the Repair Party consumable, similar in stats to that of Atago. The change increases average lifetime of the cruiser and makes her gameplay more unique, compared to that of Admiral Hipper.

Japanese destroyer Shimakaze's base concealment improved to 7.11 km (instead of 7.56), while with all the modifiers the number is 5.47 km (instead of 5.9 km). This allows her to spot most of the rivals first at her battle tier.

American aircraft carrier Midway had her hangar limited to 96 planes instead of 136. The ship performed about equally to Hakuryu in shorter battles, but in longer ones the Japanese rival often had issues because of Midway's larger hangar.

Source

About damn time. Do you know how long I've been waiting to play the Prinze?!?!? Ffs finally ....

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
2 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

About damn time. Do you know how long I've been waiting to play the Prinze?!?!? Ffs finally ....

I must be missing something on Prinz Eugen because I love it as is (basically an upgraded Hipper). It is a great ship. The heal will make it even better. 

[EREKT]
Members
781 posts
5,784 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I must be missing something on Prinz Eugen because I love it as is (basically an upgraded Hipper). It is a great ship. The heal will make it even better. 

What is the upgrade exactly? The weaker armor?

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

What is the upgrade exactly? The weaker armor?

There are just some very slight differences between a fully upgraded Hipper and a Prinz Eugen. Lert posted them for me in my Hipper thread so credit to him (or blame if anything is inaccurate LOL) for the info...

• The Prinz Eugen has 1,200 more hit points than the Admiral Hipper.
  • She has 200m less range on her main battery.
  • She has slightly worse AA values with 9 less DPS overall.
  • She has slightly worse handling, with a 0.2s increased rudder shift time and 30m larger turning circle.
  • She's visible from further out than the Admiral Hipper, but only by 300m or so.
  • The Admiral Hipper has better waterline protection up to her bow of 40mm.  The Prinz Eugen's extended bow has a tip that's only 27mm near the waterline.
  • Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
625 posts
5,859 battles

Good changes for the Shimikaze and Hipper. Eugen with a heal im not so sure about yet, have a feeling we will see a lot more of them now.

Edited by GordonGecko1

[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles

Changes to the Shima will be very welcome. Now maybe I will buy it back for the fourth time and see if I can play the thing. 

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
475 posts
5,455 battles
6 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Eugen just got interesting.

For those of us who had to "work" to make it work for us, having a heal will be absolute icing on the cake, I can't wait, that ship sits around far too much.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,123 posts
18,640 battles
12 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Eugen just got interesting.

Yep. The main flaw of the Eugen was that she is just a Hipper with a premium camo. To make both different is good. The techtree ship get no heal but can do more damage plus her survival get a small boost because of the rudder shift. The premium gets much more interesting and offer a better reason to buy her (and it makes me a happy PE owner).

[ARGSY]
5,123 posts
18,640 battles
5 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

For those of us who had to "work" to make it work for us, having a heal will be absolute icing on the cake, I can't wait, that ship sits around far too much.

She was never a real bad ship. The other T8 premium cruisers were just better. So why buy her? It's the same solution they had for the Atago: adding heal to make a average cruiser a good cruiser. I may even think of buying that eagle camo for her.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

I like the Shima and Prinz Eugen changes. Hipper too, though I sold it when I got Eugen long ago.