Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jlbprof

How to tell when my name will stop being pink

14 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
597 battles

I sunk a friendly ship with torpedoes, it is stupid easy to happen, especially when they sail right into my attack route.    I am guilty, I played many games since I am still pink.    I even quit the game for 6-12 months.   When will my name clear?

Thanx

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles

At the end of every game, in the results, specifically the "Detailed Report" it will have a section for team damage, or if you're already pink, it will show how many games you will be pink for.

Participate, and don't do any team damage, and you will scrub off that pink fairly quickly.

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles
4 minutes ago, jlbprof said:

, especially when they sail right into my attack route.

Sorry big guy, rule one of torping regardless of class. You NEVER shoot torps when there is a friendly ship in front of you... You are responsible of your armaments. The main purpose of torping is making the RED fleet to change course NOT your friendly ship. THere is no such thing is a friendly torp once its launched. 

Ok, now, regardless your pinkness. You just have to do the time, GOTO details report at the end of the game and it will tell you. GL and HF.  Careful with your armaments

• Cool 2

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

depending how many games you need a lot off people go to co-op and play to get rid off it, less chance to do team dmg and have to play more games

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

If it is the first time, it is usually less than 5 or 6 battles.  Keep in mind that any damage, including bumping a teammate's ship, will make that battle not count.  The more often you TK or turn pink from too much friendly damage, the more battles it will require to "work it off."  At the bottom of the center column of the third battle screen will state how many battles are left to complete with NO friendly team damage.

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles
17 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

If it is the first time, it is usually less than 5 or 6 battles.

Not anymore, With the new patch being pink is more severe. Its based on DMG done too. I seen a post where a guy did 57k DMG to a friendly while professing his innocents.He received 18 games of pinkness. So yeah careful with the armaments its not fun being pink for that long lol

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,771 posts
12,878 battles

In my experience, the "games left" of being pink is a calculated value as opposed to an absolute value.  If you do well in later games, the "games left" rubs off faster than the displayed value.  For example, I had 8 to go one time, but after a couple of games, instead of six to go, it dropped to four.  And then two games later it was gone.  So, the value is probably based on an average positive participation.  If you do better than average without team damage, the number of games to clear pink drops.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,864 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

In my experience, the "games left" of being pink is a calculated value as opposed to an absolute value.

I think it's based on damage.  Last time I had 5 games remaining, had a monster game (for me, that's one that doesn't involve my own death in the first three minutes) and it dropped to 2.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

In my experience, the "games left" of being pink is a calculated value as opposed to an absolute value.  If you do well in later games, the "games left" rubs off faster than the displayed value.  For example, I had 8 to go one time, but after a couple of games, instead of six to go, it dropped to four.  And then two games later it was gone.  So, the value is probably based on an average positive participation.  If you do better than average without team damage, the number of games to clear pink drops.

Yep, I have had it show 7 games left and after playing 1 battle it dropped to 5 games left.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,422 battles
6 hours ago, jlbprof said:

I sunk a friendly ship with torpedoes, it is stupid easy to happen, especially when they sail right into my attack route.    I am guilty, I played many games since I am still pink.    I even quit the game for 6-12 months.   When will my name clear?

Thanx

You must wear a leotard and sing YMCA three times a day until you are no longer pink  :cap_wander:

Beta Testers
405 posts
4,755 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sorry big guy, rule one of torping regardless of class. You NEVER shoot torps when there is a friendly ship in front of you... You are responsible of your armaments. The main purpose of torping is making the RED fleet to change course NOT your friendly ship. THere is no such thing is a friendly torp once its launched. 

Although most players that turn pink do so from carelessness, once in a while it is from griefing too.  I had an alleged teammate less than 2km away sail clear of my torpedo path then pull a 180 as soon as I launched, ate one torp and proceed to not use DC until he flooded out.  Got me pink while trolling me in chat saying it's my punishment for not getting out of his way earlier, I love people.  :)

In regards to being pink and working it off.  The team kill penalty is a ratio of damage done to friendlies versus overall damage done to enemies.  This is why you can scrape teammates all you want, the damage done is very minor to the amount you inflict on the enemy.  The same holds true when working off the penalty, do as much damage to the enemy as possible and not friendlies and the penalty will go away much quicker.  Conversely, if you play many battles but don't do all that much damage, it will take much longer to work off the penalty.

Sign in to follow this