You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrownofCreation

Apologies for Team Killing

10 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,213 battles

Hi Folks,  I just started playing World of Warships a day ago and I think it is fantastic.  Like many of you, I suspect, I grew up making models of and reading about battles these ships were engaged in.  I wanted to post this apology for all of us knot-heads out there who, after playing their first 100 games or so, recognize that they pulled some serious blunders in game and sometimes against members of their own team!  Although I believe I have been fortunate, so far, to avoid torpedoing my own team, I somehow managed to fire point nearly blank with a Battleship having 6 Main Turrets at a member of my own team.  ?????   At the time, I was convinced it was an enemy ship and laughably, he survived due to my poor Marksmanship.  Yes, I am a newbie but just wanted to say that there are probably a good number of newbies who are truly sorry for these transgressions and if it makes anyone feel better, just consider how easy we are to sink!  :)    Anyway, apologies for newbie blunders and WOW!!!  what a great game.

• Cool 6

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,646 battles

Welcome to the game!

All of us have damaged team mates a time or ten. It happens. Good on you for coming here and introducing yourself. There are a lot of players here willing to answer questions or offer advice and suggestions should you ever post up questions. My signature has some suggestions I put into a post some time ago, if interested.

Here's hoping you continue to enjoy the game and be a part of the community for a long time!

Respects,

Am

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

Almost happened to me today in a tier IX battle. I didn't see a teammate and dropped torps. Thankfully I was able to warn him and he reacted in time, but it still could have been a teamkill. We all have to learn somewhere. This is my favorite quote: "A smart man learns from his own mistakes, but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others."

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles
1 hour ago, CrownofCreation said:

Hi Folks,  I just started playing World of Warships a day ago and I think it is fantastic.  Like many of you, I suspect, I grew up making models of and reading about battles these ships were engaged in.  I wanted to post this apology for all of us knot-heads out there who, after playing their first 100 games or so, recognize that they pulled some serious blunders in game and sometimes against members of their own team!  Although I believe I have been fortunate, so far, to avoid torpedoing my own team, I somehow managed to fire point nearly blank with a Battleship having 6 Main Turrets at a member of my own team.  ?????   At the time, I was convinced it was an enemy ship and laughably, he survived due to my poor Marksmanship.  Yes, I am a newbie but just wanted to say that there are probably a good number of newbies who are truly sorry for these transgressions and if it makes anyone feel better, just consider how easy we are to sink!  :)    Anyway, apologies for newbie blunders and WOW!!!  what a great game.

To funny ... when I first started playing I didn’t know what keys turned the ship .. ran right into an Island ..and nobody told me not to shoot the first ships I saw ... which were green , luckily no body sank but my apology here was pretty much like yours  it’s been a great journey.. best of luck to yea on yours :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
3,616 posts
13,387 battles

Welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, Amracil said:

All of us have damaged team mates a time or ten. It happens

There it is pard, you aint alone. (I've been pink a few times myself) Keep track of where your teammates are visually and on the minimap and when it doubt, hold fire.

Have fun! And may your opponents aim be as true as a politician's promise.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,381 battles

It's good you respect the social needs of others.

Remember, it's just a game.  Don't take it all too seriously.  And if you encounter someone who does...  well..  you apologized your best.

Some folks are just born angry.

If someone Team-Kills me, I just say, "You owe me a beer".

[VW]
Members
1,811 posts
12,262 battles

Welcome, and make sure to turn on the “alternative interface” mode in the settings. It shows the name and health of all ships. This is an incredibly important feature which is ridiculously turned off by default. This will answer your question as to why all of a sudden everyone on your team starts shooting 1 particular ship out of many... the answer is he is low health and they are trying to kill him!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,762 posts
12,865 battles
On 3/30/2018 at 10:29 PM, CrownofCreation said:

Hi Folks,  I just started playing World of Warships a day ago and I think it is fantastic.  

Welcome to the game!!!

First three tiers are learning tiers...so just about anything goes short of someone INTENTIONALLY TKing someone else.  T4 and T5, I pretty much give a LOT of slack for those players as well.  It's not until you get to T6 that I might get a bit salty.  But as someone who has been pink several times, crap happens.  We learn from the mistake, and move on.  Hell, just the other day...after nigh 8000 games, I found myself firing on a friendly by accident (tunnel vision and the stress of the engagement).  Totally my bad.  

Have fun!  Don't sweat the mistakes you make along the way.  Learn from them and press on. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles

I watched a TK tonight, a chung moo fired his torps down a channel to kill the conq, which he did and killed our conq, who was close by, well to be honest he apologised for it and it was a game changer in regards to what he did for the team as our conq was very low health anyway and the enemy one wasn't, so no biggy really, we won, he turned pink, and was sorry for it by his reaction in chat. it was an accident

Members
126 posts
303 battles

You’ve played over 150 battles in a day? Heh, I guess you have found a home. That’s about a month for me, probably two. Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope your enjoyment continues to grow. Good hunting.