Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KGBNinja

US Cruiser Captain skills?

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
17 posts
397 battles

I'm new so if this is the wrong section forgive me.

I currently have Preventative Maintenance and Expert Marksman, but that's it. I don't want to get bad skills, what would you recommend for US cruiser captain?

I was thinking maybe Demolition expert to off set IFHE which I would want to get after that. Is that a good idea? 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles

I would not worry about IFHE. It won't do anything after the early tiers. I always run Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Demolition Expert or Superintendent, then Concealment Expert. If you look around you find really good recommendations. It really is whatever feels best for your play style though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,929
[PVE]
Members
8,783 posts
7,225 battles
40 minutes ago, KGBNinja said:

I'm new so if this is the wrong section forgive me.

I currently have Preventative Maintenance and Expert Marksman, but that's it. I don't want to get bad skills, what would you recommend for US cruiser captain?

I was thinking maybe Demolition expert to off set IFHE which I would want to get after that. Is that a good idea? 

Thanks. 

It really depends on the cruiser the captain is assigned to. Light cruisers (CL) have up to 155mm guns and IFHE is helpful. Heavy cruisers (CA) have guns up to 203mm and IFHE doesn't help the larger guns much at all. 

 

You can find threads on specific ships in the following forum.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/146-discussions-about-warships/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,617 posts
13,392 battles

On any Cruiser, and DD for that matter, I consider Last Stand to be a must since both classes frequently get the engine/steering disabled. You're dead meat if you cant move or steer.

I don't use Demolition Expert on any of my Cruisers that have IFHE. I haven't noticed any difference on firestarting since I stopped using it on ships like De Grasse, Perth, Cleveland, and Belfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,614
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,703 posts
11,317 battles

A basic USN cruiser build I would start with PT, then probably AR (EM isn't terrible), then maybe BFT... cause screw CVs lol, then CE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[ASHIP]
Members
580 posts
5,190 battles

So, IFHE is extremely powerful on USN CAs, but only up to tier 6. For the tier 6+ cruisers it's useless. However, there is an alternative USN light cruiser line coming out in the next 1-2 months, for which IFHE is going to be EXTREMELY useful. It's your choice if you think taking IFHE is going to be worth it.

 

Apart from that, I'd go:

Row 1: Priority Target or Preventative Maintenance

Row 2: Expert Marksman or Adrenaline Rush

Row 3: Superintendent (more useful on the tier 8+ cruisers), Demolition Expert or Vigilance (If you're going to be taking the defensive AA consumable).

Row 4: IFHE (for tiers 3-6 or the soon to come light cruiser line) or Concealment Expert

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles

If you spec out your ship .. Cruiser for starting fires than do everything you can to enhance that

each ship has strengths weaknesses that depending on your play style you can enhance the Cleveland for example has incredible AA,to enhance it you get a monster but .. only for planes, the price you pay is less able to defend oneself and lessens the attack more aggressive play style  

what works now may need a change 6 months down the road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
17 posts
397 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

A basic USN cruiser build I would start with PT, then probably AR (EM isn't terrible), then maybe BFT... cause screw CVs lol, then CE.

And those are? :S 

51 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

So, IFHE is extremely powerful on USN CAs, but only up to tier 6. For the tier 6+ cruisers it's useless. However, there is an alternative USN light cruiser line coming out in the next 1-2 months, for which IFHE is going to be EXTREMELY useful. It's your choice if you think taking IFHE is going to be worth it.

 

Apart from that, I'd go:

Row 1: Priority Target or Preventative Maintenance

Row 2: Expert Marksman or Adrenaline Rush

Row 3: Superintendent (more useful on the tier 8+ cruisers), Demolition Expert or Vigilance (If you're going to be taking the defensive AA consumable).

Row 4: IFHE (for tiers 3-6 or the soon to come light cruiser line) or Concealment Expert

 

 

Yeah the whole reason I went us cruisers is I saw the Cleveland was going to become a Tier VIII in the CL line and I like Light cruisers so I'll most likely pick up IFHE for my 4th tier skill. 

Edited by KGBNinja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles

IFHE is only useful up to tier 6 right now. Focus on AAA and your utilities as said above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
5 hours ago, KGBNinja said:

I'm new so if this is the wrong section forgive me.

I currently have Preventative Maintenance and Expert Marksman, but that's it. I don't want to get bad skills, what would you recommend for US cruiser captain?

I was thinking maybe Demolition expert to off set IFHE which I would want to get after that. Is that a good idea? 

Thanks. 

Skill allocation depends on the ship in question. Generally Americans spec AA and Concealment. Cleveland and Atlanta greatly benefit from IFHE.

Tiers 1-5 - just sell these, they arent worth keeping.

Tier 7 Atlanta and Tier 6 Cleveland (will be moved to tier 8 soon) can share the same captain who needs the following. You probably want to use one captain for both to be more efficient.

***Preventative Maintenance, Directional Center for Aircraft, Adrenaline Rush, Demo Expert, IFHE, AFT, Concealment.

 

Tier 7-X (Pensacola, NO, Baltimore, DM) are generally specced the same.

***Preventative Maintenance, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline, Demo Expert, BFT (or Superintendent), AFT, Concealment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×