Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toil_

What does the national+ voiceover do?

10 comments in this topic

[RG]
Members
17 posts
10,863 battles

I've re-read the description of this feature in the patch notes over and over and cannot for the life of me figure out what is different about this option. I was thinking it might have something to do with the Pan-Asian ships at first, like the Korean ships would actually speak Korean instead of Chinese... but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anybody explain?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

From the sounds of it, it seems like if you have National+ selected you don't have to switch back to standard voicing to here ARP and HSF voices.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles

It's the same as national, except commanders with special voice overs (ARP and HSF mostly) will use the correct voice over. Also, in operation's, the operation instructions ect... will be in English, your ship will be in whatever nation the ship is. I think all Pan-Asian ships will use Chinese, as that's the national language for that line, even when it may be incorrect.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
9,214 battles

IF I am understanding it correctly, if you have National+ selected and I use ARP Kongo on Fuso, and say you are using Graf Spee, you will hear Kongo, not the standard Japanese Commander.  If you have Thea Kreutzer on your Graf Spee, I will hear Thea.

At least I hope this is how it works.  Currently I am using Mermaid's Wrath, so I haven't actually tested it just yet. :Smile_Default:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,907 posts
12,441 battles
10 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

It's the same as national, except commanders with special voice overs (ARP and HSF mostly) will use the correct voice over. Also, in operation's, the operation instructions ect... will be in English, your ship will be in whatever nation the ship is. I think all Pan-Asian ships will use Chinese, as that's the national language for that line, even when it may be incorrect.

^

[SOV]
Members
381 posts
6,357 battles

thats rather funny, ive switched over to national+ from national and now its just all English D:

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
59 minutes ago, Noacuracy said:

thats rather funny, ive switched over to national+ from national and now its just all English D:

Something that drove me nuts. Things somehow got reset in the update. I wound up switching to the correct setting during a calm time in a battle...

...just doesn’t feel right unless Ashigara is spazzing out when the ship is on fire.

Members
4,735 posts
5,464 battles

Already been answered, but to echo:

If you chose National+, you'll hear VO's in the language from a ships respective nation(English for USN and RN, French for MN, German for KM, Japanese for IJN, etc. etc.), if you're using a unique commander, such as an ARP or HSF commander, you'll hear their VO instead.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[SOV]
Members
381 posts
6,357 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 1:12 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Something that drove me nuts. Things somehow got reset in the update. I wound up switching to the correct setting during a calm time in a battle...

...just doesn’t feel right unless Ashigara is spazzing out when the ship is on fire.

should try Kirishima (bear version) when she catches fire.

hint: actually dont :'D

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,090 battles

My HSF chick finally talks now

Sign in to follow this