Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Hydro and Vigilance?

14 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles

Any idea if Vigilance Captain Skill and it’s +25% Torpedo Spotting Range bonus extends the Hydro Torp Spotting Range or not?

Also can Vigilance on it’s own help with Spotting Torps coming through smoke or through islands?

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,968 battles

Vigilance only adds 25% to your normal spotting range. To spot, you must be able to have a line of sight that isn’t blocked by anything solid. So it would not help with islands or hydro but would help with smoke.

Edit: I may be wrong. After looking around I have seen people who say it does and people who say it does not. I tried it a while back and took it off because I didn't think it was working. I'll try to check it later if I remember.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[CUTE]
Members
5,169 posts
3,436 battles

To the best of my knowledge vigilance stacks with hydro to boost torpedo spotting, if that's your concern.

LOS is needed to spot torps unless you're using hydro, which ignores LOS. You still won't spot them through islands if hydro isn't running.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,453 posts
3,418 battles

To quote:

Vigilance & TAM1 stack together. However, with Hydro active, only Vigilance adds to the range. TAM1 does not.

Visual source linked.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
14 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

To the best of my knowledge vigilance stacks with hydro to boost torpedo spotting, if that's your concern.

LOS is needed to spot torps unless you're using hydro, which ignores LOS. You still won't spot them through islands if hydro isn't running.

LOS?

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
2 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Line of sight

Oh lol that makes sense, thanks

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
51 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Much confusion bout stuff in this game. Could it not be made simpler?  Ya gotta look all over the place to see how things work. Much confusion.....I am and always have been confused....to a degree. 

See...."To the best of my knowledge"....I see this kinda response all the time. Carry on all.

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

LOS?

Line of sight has nothing whatsoever to do with torpedo spotting.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,682 battles

Vigilance adds 25% to torp detection range, and it stacks on top of hydro or Target Acquisitiion. 

This is another percentage based perks. Adding 25% to the 800 meter detection of Pan Asian deep water torps won’t help much. It’s only an additional 200 meters. However, I tried running Vigilance on the Z-52 and it was hysterical. 4km torp detection => 5 kilometers. A circle 10km in diameter where you see every torp. No one behind you should ever eat a torp... but they will. 3 skill points are better used elsewhere. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
1 hour ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Vigilance adds 25% to torp detection range, and it stacks on top of hydro or Target Acquisitiion. 

This is another percentage based perks. Adding 25% to the 800 meter detection of Pan Asian deep water torps won’t help much. It’s only an additional 200 meters. However, I tried running Vigilance on the Z-52 and it was hysterical. 4km torp detection => 5 kilometers. A circle 10km in diameter where you see every torp. No one behind you should ever eat a torp... but they will. 3 skill points are better used elsewhere. 

Lol I am trying it on Duke of York with it’s Hydro... :cap_haloween:

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,072 posts
7,618 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Any idea if Vigilance Captain Skill and it’s +25% Torpedo Spotting Range bonus extends the Hydro Torp Spotting Range or not?

Also can Vigilance on it’s own help with Spotting Torps coming through smoke or through islands?

Vigilance and Hydro stack.  Spotting torpedoes has nothing to do with line of sight.  You'll spot them through smoke, islands, whatever, so long as they're within the acquisition range.

• Cool 3

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yes the two do stack. Vigilance buffs your normal and hydro torp detection by 25%. It was patched in last year at some point.

Edited by Ulthwey

Beta Testers
1,014 posts
13,583 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Warships wiki... http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

vigilance.JPG

vigilance1.JPG

vigilance2.JPG

Sign in to follow this