Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

When I was wrong, and then pleasantly surprised by the team

14 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

... and one player in particular.

Okinawa. 49 seconds in, the minimap looked like this:

hvxLA69.jpg

So I was rolling my eyes and getting ready for a painful loss.

What happened next surprised me. The group that headed towards A halted when A became contested by the red team, and actually backed off and went south to help support B as two red battleships got lit in A. Even better, @Ratt35 in his bottom tier battleship, got stuck in to contest and capture B and C. He played it smartly, not throwing away his KGV, keeping angled to the biggest threats and actively communicating with the team. Asking politely for help, not getting angry when it didn't come, thanking people when they did. And the team followed.

I died in my T9 cruiser with only 61k damage done, but we won handily on points with 11 kills vs 5, and I fully believe that our KGV's measured aggression and polite communication had a large hand in the victory. Made sure to give him a compliment.

• Cool 20
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
1,222 posts
4,732 battles

Lert has ever been a gentleman unless pointlessly provoked by a troll here. Kudos sir! You make being a member of this forum a rewarding experience. :cap_like:

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,294 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

hvxLA69.jpg

What happened next surprised me. The group that headed towards A halted when A became contested by the red team, and actually backed off and went south to help support B as two red battleships got lit in A. Even better, @Ratt35 in his bottom tier battleship, got stuck in to contest and capture B and C. He played it smartly, not throwing away his KGV, keeping angled to the biggest threats and actively communicating with the team. Asking politely for help, not getting angry when it didn't come, thanking people when they did. And the team followed.

I died in my T9 cruiser with only 61k damage done, but we won handily on points with 11 kills vs 5, and I fully believe that our KGV's measured aggression and polite communication had a large hand in the victory. Made sure to give him a compliment.

And some Numbnut gave you a downvote for this ??

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
1 minute ago, retic1959 said:

And some Numbnut gave you a downvote for this ??

Meh, used to it. I'd possibly be remotely annoyed if downvotes actually were something.

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,294 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Meh, used to it. I'd possibly be remotely annoyed if downvotes actually were something.

The fact that someone else found it funny is kind'a frightening though .

[MEIST]
Members
759 posts
2,917 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

What happened next surprised me. The group that headed towards A halted when A became contested by the red team, and actually backed off and went south to help support B as two red battleships got lit in A. Even better, @Ratt35

I like the post and that you acknowledged the efforts of this player. I would like to see this more of others for posts and the actions of other players in the game of the player you have addressed in this post. :Smile_honoring:

Members
5,571 posts
3,925 battles

People would be pleasantly surprised more often if they didn't expect casuals to play competently.

[VX9]
Beta Testers
619 posts
3,029 battles

d(^^o) It was quite a fun match. No salt, no rage (that I saw anyway), just solid teamwork and courtesy all around

[VX9]
[VX9]
Members
16 posts
4,815 battles

Oh Wow! @Lert Thank you for the mention! I really didn't think about it much at the time, but I do understand how much it can mean to someone when you have people in randoms willing to make a team effort. Effort just doesn't stop at clan battles am I right everyone? I actually forgot that we were bottom tier in the match until you mentioned it during and then I was like, "holy crap we really are bottom tier."

@Clunas above should also receive a bit of credit as well (though he is much too humble to accept it) he and I were in a division together in this match and he was in the Lyon I believe and he managed to get 3 kills that match. So we were both a little on the lower tier side, but we worked with what we had.

With any luck, maybe we'll find ourselves on the same team again (hopefully not bottom tier)!

Edited by Ratt35
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this