Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AXELGREASE

WOLFA

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
674 posts
5,141 battles

Is a load of crap! 

I keep my stats private because I got tired of players making negative comments to me about me based solely on my stats.

The Clan leader asked to see my stats.  I had a discussion and told him why but agree to turn them on so he can see them.  I got promoted to recruiter during this week.   I eventually made them private again.

The clan leader demotes me.  I asked why and he states he says he can't see my stats.  He tells me stats are not important and not to worry about them.  I say if they are not important then it does not matter, you can see how active I am by watching my oil count.  So no need to look at my stats, LBT or anything else to know I am an active player.  He must have agreed, because he immediately promotes me back to recruiter.

I have to say this whole "have to see my stats" thing is a load of crap and is exactly what clans do to track players.  It is exactly why lone wolf family of clans was started to allow players the the benefit of being in a clan without this kind of crap.

Today I find I have been demoted again.  Apparently the clan leader will not be satisfied until he can see and monitor my stats.

My advice to any interested player is to avoid WolfA, it is being run by dictator of a stat freak!  Doing exactly what clan leaders do, punishing players who they can't control!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

And the point of this thread is .... ?

Naming and shaming is against forum rules. And clan leaders can set whatever rules they want for their clan - if their rule is that stats should be visible for membership, then they have ever damn right to demote you or kick you out of their clan for having them hidden.

• Bad 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles

Here is one relevant reason you are overlooking - transparency.  Regardless of whether stats are important to your clan leader ( I assume soon it will be former clan leader after he sees your post ), he wants them open for all to see, so he can honor the fact that stats aren't important.  "Hey look, our recruiter has bad stats, but we liked his work in talking to new applicants, so we wanted him to be a recruiter anyway..."

Hiding your stats isn't going to protect you from harassment anyway, people will simply assume you are so bad at the game that you were ashamed and hid them.  The best way to stop that is to start playing better, people will see your marked improvement in your recents and shut up about your overalls. 

PS - NEVER talk about private clan business out on the forum, it makes you seem untrustworthy and petty.  Something that your next clan will consider when weighing whether to invite you in or not.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

Here is one relevant reason you are overlooking - transparency.  Regardless of whether stats are important to your clan leader ( I assume soon it will be former clan leader after he sees your post ), he wants them open for all to see, so he can honor the fact that stats aren't important.  "Hey look, our recruiter has bad stats, but we liked his work in talking to new applicants, so we wanted him to be a recruiter anyway..."

Hiding your stats isn't going to protect you from harassment anyway, people will simply assume you are so bad at the game that you were ashamed and hid them.  The best way to stop that is to start playing better, people will see your marked improvement in your recents and shut up about your overalls. 

PS - NEVER talk about private clan business out on the forum, it makes you seem untrustworthy and petty.  Something that your next clan will consider when weighing whether to invite you in or not.

Biggie, I tend to agree with you here, but there seems to be one point you're not addressing.

If a clan exists to be a place for people who don't care about stats, then IMO it's beyond hypocritical to then demand that someone make their stats public.  On the flip side, if you have a competitive clan, I can absolutely see keeping your stats open for all to see being a clan requirement.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles

@Crucis I'm not saying I agree with the CO's side as reported by AXELGREASE ( we need to take things said by disgruntled clan members with a bit of leeway since his CO has not confirmed that he actually said that ), but I certainly could see him wanting all stats revealed as proof that stats are not important.  Indeed, he was going to keep AXELGREASE as a recruiter only IF he kept them open, so I don't think it's bias on his part.  We have actually had people with very good stats in our clan hide them before as a test to see if they would be less focused in battle.  While I am sympathetic to that experiment, it does drop your clan from the wows-numbers clan info/rankings if your clan has a member with hidden stats.  If you are a top 50 clan, you want that to show up as a form of passive recruiting.

I think we can both agree the AXELGREASE handled it in the absolutely worst way possible, a public name and shame of his own clan and commander.

Members
11 posts
130 battles

I am very sympathetic to Axelgrease's problem. I've run into clan leaders in MMOs who look around, copy successful recruiting formulas, and then say whatever to recruit and keep clan members happy, no matter how inconsistent it might be with what they said the previous day, week, or month. Those kind of leaders forget their promises. If forced to make a choice, they will always choose what their "best" personal friend wants.

The truth is, good clans AND good clan leaders are hard to find. Running a clan is a ton of work. The need to babysit the membership can suck all the fun out of a game.  There is constant pressure to keep recruiting (because people constantly drifting away for many reasons). Clan leaders aren't just responsible for the clan's happiness - they also constantly worrying about their clan officers, since an officer with a problem can spread problems to many others.

I recently ran into a post about finding a "good" clan here. I'm not sure how useful his info is, because I'm still looking for a clan!

Sign in to follow this