Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

I am now a "Hip(per)ster" LOL

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,324 posts
10,106 battles

Just got to the Hipper. Wasn't a big fan of Yorck (it''s ok but not great) but I have Prinz Eugen and love that Cruiser. It is tough as all get out. In real life the ships are the same class and I assume they play the same in game?  Any big differences I don't see in the stats?

Only have an 11 pt Capt for it and am going for an AA build based on the wiki I think. Capt currently is in do-over LOL with nothing selected but plan to run AR and  BFT/AFT in the respec. Eventually want to add CE as well. I actually run my 19pt GK Capt on my Prinz Eugen which is setup for secondary's on the GK (BFT/AFT/MS) and stealth (CE) and it makes Prinz Eugen a Monster. 

Went with the following for modules...

1. MAM1
  2. DCSM1
  3. AAGM2
  4. SGM2
  5. CSM1

Hoping the Hipper is as much fun as Prinz Eugen?

Mcc2fbg.jpg

[SSBN]
Members
290 posts
4,901 battles

I would dump concealment and go double rudder. Worked well for me. 

This ship can melt planes with manual aa.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles
  • The Prinz Eugen has 1,200 more hit points than the Admiral Hipper.
  • She has 200m less range on her main battery.
  • She has slightly worse AA values with 9 less DPS overall.
  • She has slightly worse handling, with a 0.2s increased rudder shift time and 30m larger turning circle.
  • She's visible from further out than the Admiral Hipper, but only by 300m or so.
  • The Admiral Hipper has better waterline protection up to her bow of 40mm.  The Prinz Eugen's extended bow has a tip that's only 27mm near the waterline.

So, minor differences that are barely noticeable in regular play.

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,180 battles

Since you have the Prinz Eugen, will you eventually be moving on from the Hipper?  If so, I would dump the BFT for Superintendent (mainly for the heals at T9 & T10).  I would also take both CE's, as reducing your spotted range helps in innumerable ways.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,324 posts
10,106 battles

So the 1st couple games in the book. 1st game vs a bunch of T9 BB's so I just sailed with our BB's lending HE spam and AA support and to test the ship out. Didn't do much and came in mid pack.. 2nd game with my feet wet I was more aggressive and played it like the Prinz and did pretty decent and even came in 1st on team.

I HAVE to get the B Hull though ASAP. OMG the stock hull rudder shift on Hipper is BRUTAL!!!! 

Also, ended up going with CE for the Capt. AFT will have to wait. The 10.9km detection was too good to pass up.

Members
6,619 posts
25,219 battles

Hipper AA (when optimized) is very good. I like it.

They are almost the same ship. I liked Hipper but sold it when I got Prinz Eugen, and went up the line to Roon (a better ship).

If you are good with the Prinz (which I use often to train captains), you'll like Hipper.

[DRACS]
Members
3,339 posts

I sacrificed some concealment by going with Propulsion 2 and Steering 3. Still have CE on my captain though. But with those two modules, my Eugen is *very* responsive. 

Sign in to follow this