Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

DDs Rejoice, BB Cry Now! Buffs to IJN DDs incoming

43 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles

So a WG representative made this post:

Upcoming buffs to Shimakaze, and upcoming nerfs to air plane spotting torpedoes.

It'd be really nice if plane spotting is changed to planes only spotting the torps while within range. This adds an extra layer to CV playing as well as reducing some frustrations of DDs when they are being perma hovered by sky cancer cells. 

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,060 battles

Eh, I’m not going to cry, I’m just going to be stuck fighting 20.2km from the cap instead of pushing into it, until I get bored of that and go play a different game. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
33 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

So a WG representative made this post:

Upcoming buffs to Shimakaze, and upcoming nerfs to air plane spotting torpedoes.

It'd be really nice if plane spotting is changed to planes only spotting the torps while within range. This adds an extra layer to CV playing as well as reducing some frustrations of DDs when they are being perma hovered by sky cancer cells. 

Is there a link specifically to the details?  When I click on that it just takes me to the whole page of comments.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

Is there a link specifically to the details?  When I click on that it just takes me to the whole page of comments.

Hit Ctrl-F and search torpedo to find it more easily.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,332 posts
3,555 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

[–]Sub_Octavian[S] 10 points 5 hours ago 

Shima is likely to receive concealment buff to herself, her torpedoes are fine (except for stock 20 km, which we will hopefully address too, but a bit later). Other IJN DD are doing well. Additionally, we are going to address overall torpedo detection from air soon, which will help torp-focused DD a bit, too.

The biggest news are the changes to air torpedo spotting which is a buff to all destroyer lines. 

The Shima is receiving a concealment buff, no changes to torpedo outside of stock 20km. Not that much of a change but a good one. 

• Cool 2

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Eh, I’m not going to cry, I’m just going to be stuck fighting 20.2km from the cap instead of pushing into it, until I get bored of that and go play a different game. :Smile-_tongue:

like you ever stopped doing that   

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[FKIT]
Members
377 posts
8,227 battles

As a BB main, that likes to switch things up to cruisers or DD's from time to time... I applaud this decision. IJN DD's need it.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,184 posts
5,658 battles

DD players won't stop crying until they can get within .2 km of a BB undetected and fire all their torpedos which insta hit and one shot everything.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 11

[HEROS]
Members
1,391 posts
11,810 battles

just little tweeks is all that's needed.. -.1 Km or -.2 Km off the shima's detection ranges both for the ship (surface and air) and for her torps would do wonders for the ships performance...  She can be really tough to play.   And she's especially hard on players that shake their wallets to rush to tier X play  (Pre-emptive on player "upset" about such, GET OVER IT!  It's part of your game world.. considering how often I've seen  unicum player potato a match no one has the market cornered on poor play.  Newbs at least DO have an excuse!)

[5BS]
Members
4,452 posts

Read the post:

Shima is likely to receive concealment buff to herself, her torpedoes are fine (except for stock 20 km, which we will hopefully address too, but a bit later). Other IJN DD are doing well. Additionally, we are going to address overall torpedo detection from air soon, which will help torp-focused DD a bit, too.

It tells a different story/

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles

good, buff the ijn,, then people is going play more ijn dds, then its going have less gearings/grozovois with s*tp*d AA, i'm happy as a cv, how cares for spot torpedos? Sometimes you spot the danm torpedo and you tean get hit by the spoted torps anyway.

[TF16B]
Members
8,036 posts
16,968 battles
29 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Sometimes you spot the danm torpedo and you tean get hit by the spoted torps anyway.

Pretty much.

At the same time; I don’t know where all these people who kvetch and whine about how CVs are OP and deleting them at will are; because all I ever see are ones with the WASD.hax installed...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Read the post:

It tells a different story/

The one I saw first was octavian saying

We're working on it. I think pretty soon we will tell you guys some more details about these juicy t9 and t10 (IJN Machine Gun Intensifies).

Which does not instill hope. That makes it sound like more [edited] gun boats. That's not why I play IJN DDs (except Akizuki).

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Many BB players do that anyway.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Nice! Then i kill you easy in my cv! :D do that please!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

Shima got nerfed to the ground i highly doubt WG would ever buff it again, Shima is meant to be a turd to be slaughtered by other DD as target practice. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

A concealment buff to shima and torpedoes in general from air is quite reasonable. The return of the old OP 20kms would be bad.

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,641 battles

The problem with high tier DD play is that, there is

• no variety.

Now Dont get me wrong, there is variety in Gun DDs for

• tier 8,
  • tier 9,
  • and tier 10, for all nations.

As when you hit tier 10, and you just want to use torps to poke holes at ships like Swiss cheese, your only option is the

• Shimakaze.

She is not the best torp boat in the tier, its a shame that the American Fletcher takes that honor. There is just no real dedicated torp DD threat in the upper tiers maybe The Yug at tier 9, (the fletcher is a hybrid with danm good guns). Now cruisers and BB in tier 10 have

• Radar
  • Hydro
  • Spotter plane
  • along with Capt skills like vigilance to help spot the torpedoes.

IMO, I think that given the hostile in game environment, Torp  IJN DDs have to face in a match. Having a dedicated torp DD that has lower concealment in the game with minimum 8mi to 10mi Torps MAX, Torp reload of 1min 30 sec tops. Should add a little spice/ variety to Torp DDs that is already, lacking in tier X battles. Also

• The dilution of ships role has to stop, if not, balance issues will take precedence.
  • BBs are not cruisers and cruisers are not BBs.

Cheers guys!

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,557 posts
13,996 battles

This doesn't change a whole lot.  People shouldn't think this is the Return of 3 Shima Divisions Flooding the Map with Torpedoes.

What this change affects the most are normal ships that use catapult / spotter aircraft to help in DD & Torpedo detection.

What this change doesn't really affect are CV aircraft.  Sure, the CV planes have to get closer to spot torps now, but so what?  If I play CVs, my planes are going to be right over your sh*t AA DD, or if your DD has good AA, then I'll still shadow it.  Secondly, if I don't plant those planes right over the DD, at the very least, my planes will be in between the Torpedo DD and my teammates.  Your torpedoes will come my planes' way anyways.  The torps get spotted.

This doesn't change much at all.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,274 posts
18,949 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

DD players won't stop crying until they can get within .2 km of a BB undetected and fire all their torpedos which insta hit and one shot everything.

I thought that was the BB mentality.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

This might get me going up the IJN DD line. Previously the torps being so easily spotted is why wasn't too thrilled, since alert players have easier time avoiding these than Fletcher's upgraded torps and German DD torps.

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles

Pretty much what I have been expecting all along.  I hope they buff Shima by flat out removing the 20km option.

Hoping for 5.5 to 5.6km concealment.  Give Shima the same play style as the rest of the line.

Now if we can just get the old IJN DD guns back.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Pretty much what I have been expecting all along.  I hope they buff Shima by flat out removing the 20km option.

Hoping for 5.5 to 5.6km concealment.  Give Shima the same play style as the rest of the line.

Now if we can just get the old IJN DD guns back.

HIdden in the notes for the test ship changes (i.e. some buffs to new USN cruiser line. see thread about that), was this:

Visibility of all torpedoes from planes decreased twofold. This change will increase the gameplay comfort for destroyers that focus on torpedo damage

Edited by mavfin87