You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

POLL: Remove BB Reload Horn

Remove The New BB Reload Sound Yes or No?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should WG remove the new reload sound that is used on Battleships?

• Yes - please remove it asap
    • No - I like it
    • Don't care - I am deaf/indiffferent
    • Keep it - it is so annoying it will reduce BB numbers in MM

63 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles

So Sub Octavian says they will only consider removing this god awful new BB gun reload horn sound if the demand is there. So I am doing a poll to show the demand is there...

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

Is it really that bad?

Maybe my sound settings are that odd but I find it barely noticeable, im too busy getting ready and aiming my guns pre-reload to pay attention.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles

Yeah it really, REALLY bothers me. It is like nails scraping across a chalk board to me. I play mostly BB now too so I hear it over and over and over. I have a really good sound setup on my PC with surround sound speakers so it really is noticeable and it just grates on my nerves to no end. The really annoying part is I can't do anything about it other than shut sound of completely which is bad as you can miss the torp warning noise if you are occupied in a brawl or facing multiple ships. 

I am going to post on Aslains and beg someone to do a mod to disable it. Clearly, from Sub's comments and attitudes this will be like the patches and WG wont budge no matter the outcry so they are here to stay. It literally makes the game almost unplayable for me. I know many won't understand that but it really irritates me.

• Boring 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles
9 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

I think they should improve it, like Americans should have a buzzer.etc

For the love of god don't give them anymore ideas.

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles

I've only heard the Richelieu and Dunkerque reload noise, and it's just quiet bell noise, about the same as the telegraph sound effect when you switch speed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
16 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Is it really that bad?

Maybe my sound settings are that odd but I find it barely noticeable, im too busy getting ready and aiming my guns pre-reload to pay attention.

This, it is low level sound that informs you that your guns are ready to fire without looking downwards to the bottom of the screen. It seems that people go out of their way to find things to complain about.

• Cool 5

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

That bloody ding! yeah I can live without it for sure, please remove it!

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles

miss one option: Make opitional choice in control pannel.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
On 3/30/2018 at 12:51 PM, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

I think they should improve it, like Americans should have a buzzer.etc

Oh come on...Americans can do much better than a silly buzzer. Use the buzzer for the ARP ships (or a little girl giggling). For American ships we should have a manly man sound. Like the sound you make after someone says "pull my finger". Aka the sound you make when someone says "let 'er rip". The sound you make when you have had way too many beans and weenies. Catch my drift? The sound you hear right after you see grandpa tilt 30 degrees to port or starboard. LOL. If anyone thinks I am loving this post...I AM. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Deputy276
  • Funny 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles
14 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

13 minutes ago, Black_Jack_Honour said:

Option for "Toggle On/Off"

I didn't add that because Sub's response indicated they can't have everything be a player option (too much for their game client). I am trying to show at least most people don't want this sound which is what he said would "maybe" get them to remove it. Not holding my breath as they are really stubborn about things they come up with that they believe they know better then we do what we want.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
24 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

24 minutes ago, Black_Jack_Honour said:

Option for "Toggle On/Off"

I am with these guys.

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,063 battles

It didn't really seem very necessary to me. I could already hear when my guns reloaded, so I didn't really need a little bell to tell me too. Eh, I don't really mind it.

[FKIT]
Members
377 posts
8,227 battles
20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I didn't add that because Sub's response indicated they can't have everything be a player option (too much for their game client). I am trying to show at least most people don't want this sound which is what he said would "maybe" get them to remove it. Not holding my breath as they are really stubborn about things they come up with that they believe they know better then we do what we want.

According to the poll, the majority actually either likes it, or it doesn't bother them one way or the other.... personally, I'm completely indifferent to it.

[WOLF9]
Members
242 posts
3,717 battles

I only notice it maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of the time; usually I am intent on my target and it barely registers.  AFAIK it has historical precedent - as each gun was loaded in the turret a bell would ring in the fire control center to let the gunnery officer know that the guns were ready to fire.  I guess either leave it or make it optional if it really bothers people.  The new horn steam effect, though... that needs to go.  It looks awful.  But that's another thread.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

According to the poll, the majority actually either likes it, or it doesn't bother them one way or the other.... personally, I'm completely indifferent to it.

Actually the majority dislike it at 41% while only 30% like it. 25% are indifferent so you can just as easily say they would be as happy if it goes as if it stays.

• Bad 1

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertest Coordinator
6,187 posts
4,568 battles

Probably couldn't care less if it stays or goes, but there already was a 'click' sound that let you know your turret reloaded.

Feels kind of redundant.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

I actually like it

Same here.  I like it as well.

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

I personally like it. The soft "ding" heralds death.