You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RighteousRhyno

Thoughts on the current Duca Degli Abruzzi?

15 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,844 battles

Looking at Flamu's gameplay on the Duca Delgi Abruzzi, this ships looks enjoyable, to play especially with a heal now. From the gameplay, I feel like the HE is a bit on the lacking side while it's AP can punish broadsides easily. However, I fear for a false overall impression of the ship so far a couple number of reasons: He was top tier, he faced against a team that could have done a lot more better. Credit to him though, he handled those red destroyers well. I have a feeling that it will surely struggle Vs. T9s, but I might still end up still buying it. We would have to see more battle-tested gameplay of this ship.

Thoughts so far?

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles

I feel that there were a sufficient amount of references to Pesto.  8/8

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,199 posts
2,029 battles

Couldn't really watch the whole video (cringing at the 'accent', sorry Flambass)... 

but my opinion is still much the same. The heal is a band-aid, the ship as a whole is borked.

Fix the drag on the shells and fix the bloody armor belt. If you're not going to model decapping, then compensate the ship for it. And why the hell the exact same shells as those on d'Aosta have worse drag, I've got not clue. I'd rather WG actually fix the ship, the slap a heal on it.

• Cool 1

Members
2,274 posts
7,368 battles

Seems a good ship. Im likely going to buy one if its released this way. I like Duca d'Aosta and Abruzzi seems even better.

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
2 hours ago, RighteousRhyno said:

Looking at Flamu's gameplay on the Duca Delgi Abruzzi, this ships looks enjoyable, to play especially with a heal now. From the gameplay, I feel like the HE is a bit on the lacking side while it's AP can punish broadsides easily. However, I fear for a false overall impression of the ship so far a couple number of reasons: He was top tier, he faced against a team that could have done a lot more better. Credit to him though, he handled those red destroyers well. I have a feeling that it will surely struggle Vs. T9s, but I might still end up still buying it. We would have to see more battle-tested gameplay of this ship.

Thoughts so far?

I don't play my Duca D'osta much, but IIRC, its HE is also relative weak while it's AP is fairly strong.  Got a feeling that this is going to be a thing with the Italian cruisers.

Members
61 posts
741 battles

I don't like the looks of those short range 152 mm guns. Will pass on this one for now.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I'd buy it.  But I've been procrastinating over the last month or so about throwing forty bucks into my yard and then running it over with my lawnmower.  I figure this weekend is a good time to get caught up on mowing my money.  

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles

Poop emoji, money emoji, crying emoji

Members
46 posts

abruzzi its a great ship against t5-t7 a good ship against t6-t8 and an average ship against t7-t9 still as someone said to me its the driver not the ship if the driver its not good then the ship will not be good

its a ship where you must put attention about what you do or else you will fail misserably in your intent 

also you must have at least know the basics or you are dead weight its a ship that only a person who knows what they are doing will enjoy but its not friendly to someone new and inexperience about mechanics and other thing

to me its far better ship than what the videos talk about it 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
46 posts
Just now, Slumlord_Trump said:

I want to buy this ship just because I like Italian ships, but I just don't know...

buy it

its good enough to be fun aside its a great trainer for a future italian ship line

Members
61 posts
741 battles

The only other cruisers with anything approaching the short range of these guns are the british cruisers, but they have smoke/better concealment. Anyone who tries to tell me this is a good ship is peeing on my leg, trying to make me think it's raining. BB's are going to pop this thing open like a wet paper sack. 

Members
46 posts
5 minutes ago, ubeahurtin said:

The only other cruisers with anything approaching the short range of these guns are the british cruisers, but they have smoke/better concealment. Anyone who tries to tell me this is a good ship is peeing on my leg, trying to make me think it's raining. BB's are going to pop this thing open like a wet paper sack. 

oi myoko has myoko and the american ones has almost the same range

the range its a standar for t7 the only one who had more range are the german russian and french because that his job