Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

"Fine I'll Do It Myself!" - Cruiser with no torp frustrations

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244478356?t=00h59m36s

 

The match is basically my descent into insanity till finally broke and have decided to take things into my own hands. 

Having DDs on the team with no idea what to do nor have the sense to identify opportunity almost cost the match. At 11 min in (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244478356?t=01h07m46s), rage was building inside of my skull after seeing the Fletcher derps around doing nothing for the whole match, not to mention the entire team just feeds into bow on des moines, yamato, and their escort DDs for NO REASON.

Then remembering the word of the mad titan and all great men that lived before:

 

 

Why is winning a match in cruisers so freaking hard. 

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,201 battles

You fired at your own team mate because he didn't play the way you wanted him to play.  You have no credibility.

Edited by PrairiePlayer
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[POP]
Members
839 posts
9,469 battles

everyone was pissed off in that game, soo angry. Soo many F-buttons being used.

Yeah, I don't know what to say.

Edited by Gerbertz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,049
[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
46 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Why is winning a match in cruisers so freaking hard. 

Because Cruisers lack the same solo carry ability of other ships.  BBs can just say screw it, I am going in and if they are better than the other team, live long enough to hold the enemy at bay while their idiot teammates win.  DDs can say screw it an just control the objectives and match flow enough to allow their team to win in spite of itself, and good CV play can just shut down the enemy CV and force the enemy team to a single ball (or kill them if they don't) allowing their team free range of the map.   

 

Cruisers can..... run around or hide trying to not give free citadel hits up.  They have tons of utility but utility helps someone ELSE win the fight.   Most players have about a half a brain cell, so the ability to assist them doesnt do much to help you win.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,284 battles
26 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

You fired at your own team mate because he didn't play the way you wanted him to play.  You have no credibility.

Yup, class A Isle killin jerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles
1 hour ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Because Cruisers lack the same solo carry ability of other ships.  BBs can just say screw it, I am going in and if they are better than the other team, live long enough to hold the enemy at bay while their idiot teammates win.  DDs can say screw it an just control the objectives and match flow enough to allow their team to win in spite of itself, and good CV play can just shut down the enemy CV and force the enemy team to a single ball (or kill them if they don't) allowing their team free range of the map.   

 

Cruisers can..... run around or hide trying to not give free citadel hits up.  They have tons of utility but utility helps someone ELSE win the fight.   Most players have about a half a brain cell, so the ability to assist them doesnt do much to help you win.

Napoleon said "without cavalry a battle has no meaningful conclusion", cruisers play the role of cavalry in WoWS.

With high rate of fire and decent damage, cruisers should prioritize finishing off low HP targets. There are way too many cruisers wasting 10 min farming fire damage on a BB. 

And agreeing with your point, cruisers do heavily depends on the team. Without the team to get the targets low in the first place, cruisers, esp cruisers without torpedoes, have extremely hard time in the later half of the match. Sometimes it is simply mathematically (within the match's time period) impossible for a cruiser to kill a BB with a lot of HP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,468
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles
20 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

And agreeing with your point, cruisers do heavily depends on the team. Without the team to get the targets low in the first place, cruisers, esp cruisers without torpedoes, have extremely hard time in the later half of the match.

Every ship depends heavily on the team. BB sucks when DDs don't spot. DD sucks when your team can't shoot. CA is no different in that regard.

You had a carry game, congrats. Every so often you have to make it happen, and in this case you did. Why so mad? If it really bothers you that you can't always depend on 11 random teammates, play in a division or with a clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Every ship depends heavily on the team. BB sucks when DDs don't spot. DD sucks when your team can't shoot. CA is no different in that regard.

You had a carry game, congrats. Every so often you have to make it happen, and in this case you did. Why so mad? If it really bothers you that you can't always depend on 11 random teammates, play in a division or with a clan.

Yes it upsets me. Because:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×