You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog - Cossack changes

79 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

I know it’s been posted already from 3rd party sites but here’s the dev blog from this morning confirming the changes.

ST, British destroyer Cossack, tier VII

The destroyer received an additional main battery turret instead of her lone secondary.

Hit points – 14800. Plating - 16-19 mm.

Main battery - 4х2 120 mm. Firing range – 11.9 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1700. Chance to cause fire – 8%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2100. Reload time - 5.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 18 s. Maximum dispersion - 104 m. HE muzzle velocity - 808 m/s. AP muzzle velocity - 808 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 2x4 12.7 mm, range - 1.2 km, damage per second - 4. 1x4 40 mm, range - 2.5 km, damage per second - 13. 

Torpedo tubes - 1х4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 16767. Range - 10 km. Speed - 62 kt. Reload time - 96 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km. Torpedoes can be launched one at a time.

Maximum speed - 36 kt. Turning circle radius - 610 m. Rudder shift time – 3.6 s. Surface detectability – 6.3 km. Air detectability – 3.9 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2.3 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Slot 3 - Engine Boost

Slot 4 - Hydroacoustic search (Torpedo detection - 2.79 km. Ship detection - 3.21 km. Cooldown - 180 seconds. 2 charges. 120 second cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment.)

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

1DCE55EB-4EAD-455F-ADEE-F18EBF1DE748.jpeg

Members
242 posts
608 battles
5 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

I know it’s been posted already from 3rd party sites but here’s the dev blog from this morning confirming the changes.

The destroyer received an additional main battery turret instead of her lone secondary.

Main battery - 4х2 120 mm. Firing range – 11.9 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1700. Chance to cause fire – 8%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2100. Reload time - 5.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 18 s. Maximum dispersion - 104 m. HE muzzle velocity - 808 m/s. AP muzzle velocity - 808 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 2x4 12.7 mm, range - 1.2 km, damage per second - 4. 1x4 40 mm, range - 2.5 km, damage per second - 13. 

Torpedo tubes - 1х4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 16767. Range - 10 km. Speed - 62 kt. Reload time - 96 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km. Torpedoes can be launched one at a time.

Maximum speed - 36 kt. Turning circle radius - 610 m. Rudder shift time – 3.6 s. Surface detectability – 6.3 km. Air detectability – 3.9 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2.3 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Slot 3 - Engine Boost

Slot 4 - Hydroacoustic search (Torpedo detection - 2.79 km. Ship detection - 3.21 km. Cooldown - 180 seconds. 2 charges. 120 second cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment.)

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Oooh shiny hydro with some good looking guns, wasn't going to buy this, but I am liking how she looks :cap_rambo::Smile_coin:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
3 minutes ago, ArgosRising said:

Oooh shiny hydro with some good looking guns, wasn't going to buy this, but I am liking how she looks :cap_rambo::Smile_coin:

I like her perma camo lol.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,330 posts
3,669 battles

Looks good, though dunno about that detection range. Its basically Kagero levels of stealth if you take into account the camo+ CA.

[SIM]
Members
2,443 posts
4,080 battles

Oh I see what’s going on here, the ship is named “Cossack” so the design team must think that it’s Russian... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
242 posts
608 battles
15 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Looks good, though dunno about that detection range. Its basically Kagero levels of stealth if you take into account the camo+ CA.

But the Cossack is only T7 and will face T8/T9 without concealment module, too.

[SALVO]
Members
16,653 posts
17,300 battles
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Oh I see what’s going on here, the ship is named “Cossack” so the design team must think that it’s Russian... :Smile_hiding:

Oh, I figured that one out seconds after this RN DD  was first mentioned here on the forum.  I figure that of all the possible members of this class they could have chosen, this one would stand out for the Russian devs. 

[5BS]
Members
4,528 posts
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Russians and Cossacks do not get along. Especially at Lienz.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,727 posts
11,347 battles

She is losing her secondaries! Riot! Secondary build DDs for life!  :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,330 posts
3,669 battles
6 minutes ago, ArgosRising said:

But the Cossack is only T7 and will face T8/T9 without concealment module, too.

That is correct, if you compare it to its peers however its concealment is far superior. Shiratsuyu can hit 5.8km, Gadjah can do 6.1km. Even a 400m difference in spotting is very big, especially since we are talking about a gunboat DD. I think a concealment on par with Gadjah, since they are related classes would be fine.

Members
242 posts
608 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

That is correct, if you compare it to its peers however its concealment is far superior. Shiratsuyu can hit 5.8km, Gadjah can do 6.1km. Even a 400m difference in spotting is very big, especially since we are talking about a gunboat DD. I think a concealment on par with Gadjah, since they are related classes would be fine.

Fair point. Being able to out-spot a Shiratsuyu in particular does seems like a potentially pretty big balance problem.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,941 posts
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

Available consumables:

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Slot 3 - Engine Boost

Wow....................................:Smile_amazed:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

Yeah...if it has 6.3 concealment before a CE captain, that works out to 5.67 with - which is just a bit excessive on a T7 gunboat with an 8-gun broadside.  Sims maxes out at 6.6, Blys at 6.8 I think - both of those ships have more torpedoes but the Cossack suite with single fire and 10 km range may be their qualitative equal.  And hydro?  If it were 6.3 after all adjustments, that I think would be more like it in terms of balance.  Not that I wouldn't throw my money at the screen for the listed version.

[VW]
Members
1,843 posts
12,290 battles
55 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

She only has 1 tube launcher, so relax

Members
242 posts
608 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

She only has 1 tube launcher, so relax

But she can keep other DDs spotted if she plays right and has hydro to boot in cap. She has potential to devastate other DDs at her tier. One torp launcher doesn't really seem like a fair balance for the strengths she has, really.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,063 posts
7,614 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

The test stats are including her camo bonus.  When all is said and done, HMS Cossack has a 5.67km surface detection range when you kit her out for stealth.
I've had way too much fun with Cossack's 3x2 120mm gun build.  A 4x2 120mm gun build with all of the same gimmicks is going to make her a real monster.  The only thing holding her back will be the higher skill threshold needed to make her work.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,330 posts
3,669 battles
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The test stats are including her camo bonus.  When all is said and done, HMS Cossack has a 5.67km surface detection range when you kit her out for stealth.
I've had way too much fun with Cossack's 3x2 120mm gun build.  A 4x2 120mm gun build with all of the same gimmicks is going to make her a real monster.  The only thing holding her back will be the higher skill threshold needed to make her work.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, thought the 6.3km was without the camo bonus. I bet this will still be able to catch lots of people with their pants down though I guess there is still room and time for changes if the ship overperforms.

[SWANS]
Beta Testers
136 posts
6,655 battles

Better torpedos then Kidd a tier lower.

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

She is sexy looking in that paint, isn't she.

B

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,480 battles

Yeap A sweet looking ride. 

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,214 battles
20 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I kept the Gadjah Madah because even with 6 guns ( 3 x 2 ) it was a monster at decapitating enemy DD's with the extreme angle the rear turret could be at and still fire forward.  How is the angle on the Cossack, does the turret replacing the AA suite still have powerful forward firing angles?  Since the 4 torps will be normal, not deepwater, this would allow me to retire the Gadjah Madah in favor of it as a cap clearing ship.