You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

60 plane killsw/out Clear Skies...huh?

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles

Was in a battle earlier w/a Midway that got 60 plane kills & didn't receive Clear Skies...

I know there's more than 120 planes on a Midway but shouldn't there be a set number that you just get it? How is it not a Heroic Achievement when you need to shoot down more than 60 planes (at times) to achieve it?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,457 battles

There is a set number and it changes each battle. No. He didn't get enough kills for clear skies.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles
8 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

All possible floatplanes also count toward the requirement.

And some BBs carry more than they can ever get in the air in one game.

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,311 battles
11 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

And some BBs carry more than they can ever get in the air in one game.

Montana for example gets 8 or more may only launch 3 at most

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,055 battles

The achievement should be tweaked. For shooting down 60 aircraft at tier ten, that CV definitely deserved a reward.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,265 battles
3 minutes ago, Panbun said:

The achievement should be tweaked. For shooting down 60 aircraft at tier ten, that CV definitely deserved a reward.

you're upside down. it's quite disconcerting!

• Funny 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,179 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Was in a battle earlier w/a Midway that got 60 plane kills & didn't receive Clear Skies...

I know there's more than 120 planes on a Midway but shouldn't there be a set number that you just get it? How is it not a Heroic Achievement when you need to shoot down more than 60 planes (at times) to achieve it?

yeah it used to be that way where if you shoot down a certain amount of planes didn't matter what kind you would get a clear sky nowadays you have to kill a lot of spotters and float planes sadly Ive gotten 90 planes shot down in my Saipan and didn't get one either I hope they do make some changes to it for sure

[SF-A]
Members
2,845 posts
5,547 battles

Patience! They're reworking the achievement right now, so it should get more meaningful as we go on.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
1 hour ago, GuntherPrein said:

yeah it used to be that way where if you shoot down a certain amount of planes didn't matter what kind you would get a clear sky nowadays you have to kill a lot of spotters and float planes sadly Ive gotten 90 planes shot down in my Saipan and didn't get one either I hope they do make some changes to it for sure

It is a simple Honorable achievement and the requirements are so high that you have a better chance getting Kraken plus High Caliber plus Confederate in a single match.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,179 battles
52 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is a simple Honorable achievement and the requirements are so high that you have a better chance getting Kraken plus High Caliber plus Confederate in a single match.

yeah it was way to easy at first think I used to get a clear sky at least ever 2nd 3rd game long ago then they changed it to how it is now and I honestly never know if Im close or what when you get over 50+ planes

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
9 hours ago, Panbun said:

My thoughts exactly.

7 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

90??? Damn!!!

5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I can attest to that...have gotten that trifecta a couple of times & in over 10k random battles have never gotten Clear Skies (although my most plane kills is only 27 so not like I've even earned the bare minimum).

I guess I always get the CVs that know what ships to avoid (or learns after the 1st wave mistake) when I'm in an AA heavy ship...& I've only Co-Oped CVs (w/just a few T5 randoms to finish off all tasks in "Science" campaign).