Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
poeticmotion

Welp, that's something you don't see every day... (double Midway Kraken?!?)

11 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,525 battles

I left the CV's names visible in the screenshot as I don't believe this qualifies as name-and-shame when I'm complimenting both players... But how often do you see a game where both CVs kraken, much less a pair of Midways? 

miIYhi0.png

Very good and hard-fought game by both sides, which is a rarity on its own...its not like either team rolled over and let the CVs duke it out, the CVs just both played very well (red CV played me brilliantly...holding one torp squadron just out of my AA range while the other squad torped me, then hitting me with the second literally one second after my repair finished, so I flooded out. :cap_fainting: )

Knew this one was getting screenshotted for forums before game even ended. :D

iKo8ln0.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
1,640 posts
12,695 battles

Its an equivalent of getting a royal flush in poker, this things are possible however rare as hell. One in a life time match, I think the red CV player was carrying for his team. IF he had more time he probably would have carried for the win. Valiant effort  by both.  Congrats

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,453 battles

Goes to show, that actually learning how to play, is still a viable strategy :Smile_teethhappy:  GG to all

[KNTAI]
Members
1,089 posts
5,947 battles
4 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Goes to show, that actually learning how to play, is still a viable strategy :Smile_teethhappy:  GG to all

WrYGNo8.gif.2d0277e60b0e2a47e62000f67354fbfc.gif

To the OP: Did you compliment both CV cap'ns?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,039 battles

It was quite common back when Strafing wasn't a thing and USN CVs were dominating in all tiers (iChased for example farmed his win rate by playing more than 70% of his games in USN CVs). In the sense of CV balance, the Strafing implementation is pretty good, overall.

Edited by NeutralState

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,525 battles
44 minutes ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

WrYGNo8.gif.2d0277e60b0e2a47e62000f67354fbfc.gif

To the OP: Did you compliment both CV cap'ns?

Damn straight I did.

I always compliment good CV players to counteract the people who rage at and report them.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
5 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

I left the CV's names visible in the screenshot as I don't believe this qualifies as name-and-shame when I'm complimenting both players... But how often do you see a game where both CVs kraken, much less a pair of Midways? 

miIYhi0.png

Very good and hard-fought game by both sides, which is a rarity on its own...its not like either team rolled over and let the CVs duke it out, the CVs just both played very well (red CV played me brilliantly...holding one torp squadron just out of my AA range while the other squad torped me, then hitting me with the second literally one second after my repair finished, so I flooded out. :cap_fainting: )

Knew this one was getting screenshotted for forums before game even ended. :D

iKo8ln0.png

At least once a week, actually.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,525 battles
13 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

At least once a week, actually.

First time I've seen two Midways Kraken in same game in 13k games including about 2k t10 games. We must have vastly different gaming experiences. 

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,661 battles

I see two very low XP players on the red team. That was probably the difference right there.

Would that be two DD's that got nuked early trying to cap?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,400 battles

What!? You got a game where both CVs were evenly matched? I call hax!

Sign in to follow this