Jump to content
kiwi1960

ZOOM in fires my guns.... :(

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

262
[1RD]
Members
527 posts

So, I use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out to find my targets, and some people forget they can RIGHT CLICK to make sure their ship isn't going to ram anyone....

BUT, the mouse wheel, if you press it, is a third button to fire the guns, I've tried different mice, but just turning the mouse wheel makes the guns fire.... ANNOYING when you are trying to stay concealed...

I've looked in the game controls settings and there is no way to turn off the mouse wheel fire button.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kiwi1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[ARP]
[ARP]
Supertester
868 posts
10,805 battles

I have not encountered this problem. If it is a keybind issue, try resetting them to default. Alternatively, could this be linked to a mod that you are using? (I don't think so, but easy enough to check). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Set the "secondary" button for binocular view to MMB.

That way shift (default) and MMB should trigger the same thing. 

If after that process it's still occurring. It might be how gentle you're pressing the MMB, or the sensitivity of your LMB (fire; default). 

I have the occasional firing issues on my travel mouse but I know it's a combination of bad hardware and user error; it's a Microsoft Arc Mouse and it's great for travel... but not gaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,736 posts
11,136 battles

I had this exact thing happen to me after an update, simply reset all controls to default then change what you need to change. no more problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,338 posts
9,433 battles

Annoying as kwap.  

The scroll wheel is also the center mouse button if you bump it just right (or get too tense - like if you are in a battle or something)

I always blank out the 'Fire one and track' function in the <esc> Options Control definitions on the right side.

Where it says MMB..  Just blank that out.

If you don't do that, you will: 

1) announce to the enemy where you are. 

2) Lose control of your screen until the shell lands (in the case of the Atlanta, that is measured on a calendar)

3) waste a shot you might have been saving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,676 posts
7,503 battles
4 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

So, I use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out to find my targets, and some people forget they can RIGHT CLICK to make sure their ship isn't going to ram anyone....

BUT, the mouse wheel, if you press it, is a third button to fire the guns, I've tried different mice, but just turning the mouse wheel makes the guns fire.... ANNOYING when you are trying to stay concealed...

I've looked in the game controls settings and there is no way to turn off the mouse wheel fire button.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Mine does the same but to make matter worse it also gives me the ride the shell camera view and you can’t do squat till you land back on the ship.. so I only use the mouse wheel when I want that option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[1RD]
Members
527 posts
10 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Mine does the same but to make matter worse it also gives me the ride the shell camera view and you can’t do squat till you land back on the ship.. so I only use the mouse wheel when I want that option

YUP... I get that as well... :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[1RD]
Members
527 posts
15 hours ago, Teahee said:

I have not encountered this problem. If it is a keybind issue, try resetting them to default. Alternatively, could this be linked to a mod that you are using? (I don't think so, but easy enough to check). 

I do not use mods and its not a keybind issue. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,676 posts
7,503 battles
33 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

YUP... I get that as well... :(

 

It’s kinda useful to correct your shot when the ship is hiding behind an Island though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[1RD]
Members
527 posts
3 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

It’s kinda useful to correct your shot when the ship is hiding behind an Island though

True. Never thought of that, but how many captains do you know that ride their shells to target to see how close they were. :Smile_Default:

The time it take to do that, you could be sunk... :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,676 posts
7,503 battles
7 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

True. Never thought of that, but how many captains do you know that ride their shells to target to see how close they were. :Smile_Default:

The time it take to do that, you could be sunk... :Smile_sad:

Yea your right about that .. I nearly had a heart attack the first time it happened .. didn’t know it was a game feature.:Smile_ohmy:I occasionaly use it see which way ship is going also rather than going to tactical map

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×