You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog - ST. Bomb ribbons and new counters

8 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles

ST. Bomb ribbons and new counters.

Ribbons for all bombs are added to the game, they will signify citadel hits, penetration, pass-thru penetration, ricochet and non-penetration. 

Counters for potential damage (all received and blocked damage) and damage due to spotting (damage done to the enemy ships after a player has spotted them) are added to the battle UI as well.

Localization is underway.

E6EA5057-14A2-4E97-A167-7E0CDA1AC72B.jpeg

7A5BC8A1-7893-48F8-9F7A-79579C9015C2.jpeg

• Cool 4

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts

I like the new counter. Although I wonder if that's easily abused towards DD's since aren't torps that are launched with you 'targeted' (x'd) counted towards that total? Would you not immediately notice a jump of 100k and no visible shots coming at you as a spread of torps a'coming?

Members
5,380 posts
6,106 battles
4 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I like the new counter. Although I wonder if that's easily abused towards DD's since aren't torps that are launched with you 'targeted' (x'd) counted towards that total? Would you not immediately notice a jump of 100k and no visible shots coming at you as a spread of torps a'coming?

Potential damage is only counted off ordinance that lands/passes within 500m of your ship.

It should be somewhere in the patch notes way back when they first added the potential damage numbers(which I think is when they revamped the post battle report).

• Cool 1

Members
239 posts
6,199 battles

renegadestatuz,

I approve, as well.

I think it would also be interesting and useful to players for wargaming, in the near future hopefully, to develop post battle damage report that would show a display such as this (attached) that reflects damage received to the players ship ? This image reflects Gunfire Damage to the Heavy Cruiser USS Astoria (CA-34) sustained during the battle of Savo Island in 1942, where hours after the battle the Astoria sank.

Thank You,

Ben_CA68

ca3902.jpg

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I won't be able to look at this in depth until tonight, but at first glance I'm assuming nothing has changed "reward wise" with spotting?

Congrats, you spotted the enemy and all you get is this ribbon?

Just curious, I like that it's at least going to be shown.

I'm also guessing during special events/missions they're going to up the number of ribbons earned to complete because of this change?

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
2 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

I won't be able to look at this in depth until tonight, but at first glance I'm assuming nothing has changed "reward wise" with spotting?

Congrats, you spotted the enemy and all you get is this ribbon?

Just curious, I like that it's at least going to be shown.

I'm also guessing during special events/missions they're going to up the number of ribbons earned to complete because of this change?

From what I see on it, it doesn’t state anything has changed reward rise. They’re just added more ribbons and details in game about how you’re doing potential damage wise.

It’ll be useful for whenever we have those missions again for “recieve xxx amount of potential damage in xxx ship type in a single game.” You’ll be able to tell now how much you actually have and need to compete said mission.