You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Angry Youtuber Contest

31 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,919 posts
8,379 battles
In the spirit of funding the habits of starving artists, I'm hosting a creative contest to win one of those nifty space camouflages for April Fool's 2018.  Here's the deets:

1. Design and create an "Angry Youtuber Review" graphic, like so:

oKI3T8E.gif

2. Contest is open to all active players on NA-EU-RU and the SEA servers!  Hooray!

3. All submissions must follow Wargaming's North American Forum posting rules & guidelines.  I want to be able to show off the work you guys submit, so keep it rated T-for Teen.  B5vAyQx.png

4. All submissions must include your in-game name AND the region on which you play, otherwise your prize may end up going to someone else.

5. This may be of any ship currently released in the game -- premium, non-premium, reward, it doesn't matter, just so long as it's a ship that's playable in game.

6. The design must include the following elements:
    a.)  An identifiable image of the ship.
    b.)  Your evaluation of the ship.  This should preferably following the existing Angry Youtuber scale, but you're free to abuse it for the sake of creativity / humour / sarcasm / deep-seated rage.

GARBAGE- The boat is unbalanced, not fun to play and weak. The ship desperately needs some buffs or some quality of life changes.
    Mehbote - An average ship. Has strengths and weaknesses. Doesn't need buffs to be viable however she's not going to be considered optimal.
    Gudbote - A powerful ship, often one of the best ships at a given role within its tier. Usually considered optimal for a given task.
    OVERPOWERED
    - The boat is unbalanced and powerful. Typically she's either horrible to play against or she redefines the meta entirely.

c.) Anything else you want.  Keep in mind, most of my audience speaks English.

7. Image must be legible at a maximum of an 800 x 450 (you can make it larger, just make sure it shrinks down to that size legibly).  It may use jpg, png, tiff, gif, or img file formats.  This means they don't necessarily have to be still images.

8. I have to like it.  I'm the sole judge here, so you've got to impress me.  I'm looking for the most clever, fun, creative and memorable submission adhering to no other vague standards than my own.   Best of luck trying to figure out what tickles my funny bone.  3yCX2d1.png

9. I reserve the right to publish and comment upon any submissions sent to me. 

10. All submissions must be emailed to aprilwhitemouse@outlook.com before Thursday, April 5th at 00:00 EDT (which would be Wednesday April 4th, 21:00 Pacific or Thursday April 5th, 05:00 GMT).  This gives you one week to send in your submissions.  Don't post them on the forums or Reddit or your Facebook and expect me to find 'em.  If they're not submitted to my email addy by the deadline, you're not in the running.

11. There will be three prizes.  The two runners up will receive bonus codes for 5x temporary space camouflages.  The grand prize winner will receive one permanent, 8,000 doubloon space camouflage from the April Fool's Day 2018 event of their choice.

12. All contest winners will be contacted via email before Friday, April 6th at 00:00 EDT (Thursday, April 5th 21:00 Pacific, Friday, April 6th 05:00 GMT).  The Grand Prize winner will be asked for their choice of permanent camouflage at that time.  Awarding of the space camouflage is performed by Wargaming, so there may be some delays there.

Good luck with your entries, everyone!
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 12

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles

Huh. Might be interesting ...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Love the Idea LWM.

I Trust your Judgement.

Although your Angry youtuber Reviews are the ultimate in excellence, I hope this is not an attempt to find your Replacement.{ Your Views are Unique }

Stay on Target

XLLRA81.gif

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles
9 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Hey no fair. You can't enter, you're like creative and witty that's unfair for the less so of us!

• Funny 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,278 posts
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Hey no fair. You can't enter, you're like creative and witty that's unfair for the less so of us!

Oh don't worry, April already said she would have a strong bias against me, might have something to do with the flowers I sent her....

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles
9 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

might have something to do with the flowers I sent her....

Hmmmmmmmm .... If sending her flowers creates a bias against you .... Hmmmmmmm ....

BRB, gift wrapping chain axe.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
778 posts
2,015 battles

Well that was fun... Im also terrible at design... so probs not winning... but thats ok. Had fun.

[S_C]
Beta Testers
35 posts
4,542 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Hmmmmmmmm .... If sending her flowers creates a bias against you .... Hmmmmmmm ....

BRB, gift wrapping chain axe.

LVM the Betrayer?

Blood for the Blood God

Boats for the Boat Throne?

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,980 battles

Do you have a YouTube channel, LWM?  I've looked a few times, but didn't find anything...

[WG-CC]
9,919 posts
8,379 battles
11 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Do you have a YouTube channel, LWM?  I've looked a few times, but didn't find anything...

I do but there's very little on it.  My GPU can't handle rendering video so content production there is on a long-term haitus until I can afford to upgrade my rig to produce media.

[WG-CC]
9,919 posts
8,379 battles
3 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

@LittleWhiteMouse I have a question. What if we win but don't have a tier 10 ship for the space camo?

My understanding is that the camo will wait in your inventory until you unlock the tier 10 ship.  I'll ask my contacts at WG to be sure of this though.  Good question!

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,278 posts
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Mines already done~   Hope you shipped her chainaxe via express~<3

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles
45 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My understanding is that the camo will wait in your inventory until you unlock the tier 10 ship.

Basically, yes.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles
7 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Hope you shipped her chainaxe via express~<3

I sent it through the Warp, just now. It arrived last week.

• Funny 1

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

I sent it through the Warp, just now. It arrived last week.

Hopefully, for the sake of the forum, you took the appropriate precautions. The last thing we need is Chaos spreading around h—

Oh, never mind. That already happened long ago.

• Funny 1

[VVV]
Members
714 posts
11,271 battles

I lack any artistic skill at all but I am looking forward to seeing  what the winners have come up with 

Edited by yamato6945

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles

I submitted mine! Good luck to all contestants but more luck to me :D

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
23 minutes ago, Lert said:

I submitted mine! Good luck to all contestants but more luck to me :D