Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Razor_Antilles

Wargaming please to give us option for Space Skin Megapack

20 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Supertester
16 posts
8,120 battles

So, a lot of us would agree that the space camos are pretty awesome, and while we don't like the in-game cost, because of the development needed behind them we can understand why it's significantly more expensive per skin than the standard type 20 premium camo.

All nine skins will cost 72,000 doubloons, or US $288.50. Painful.

Would you guys mind awfully putting all nine into a megapack with either a 10% or a 15% discount? 25% is probably asking too much, but if all nine were available in one go, I'd buy it. I believe a number of other players would, too.

• Boring 1

[SIMP]
Members
900 posts
8,927 battles
14 minutes ago, Razor_Antilles said:

So, a lot of us would agree that the space camos are pretty awesome, and while we don't like the in-game cost, because of the development needed behind them we can understand why it's significantly more expensive per skin than the standard type 20 premium camo.

All nine skins will cost 72,000 doubloons, or US $288.50. Painful.

Would you guys mind awfully putting all nine into a megapack with either a 10% or a 15% discount? 25% is probably asking too much, but if all nine were available in one go, I'd buy it. I believe a number of other players would, too.

I have to ask, are you really willing to part with $216 US for camos (your 288x.75)?

Seems extraordinarily steep...

Edited by _cthulhu_
  • Funny 1

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
26 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

I have to ask, are you really willing to part with $216 US for camos (your 288x.75)?

Yeah I agree.

If it was a fleet of ships and I had that type of cash yeah I would do it, but Camo -- nope.

BUT it is the OP's money and Game.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
16 posts
8,120 battles
30 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

Considering how much money I'm going to spend when I finish unlocking the rest of the t10s (since I perma-flage them all after I get them), yes, I'd be willing to spend that sort of money. Even though it'll end up being far more expensive than getting the additional type 20s, since I was going to get them anyway I'm fine with spending more on the front end and having a really nice permaflage waiting for me when I get the corresponding ship unlocked.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,368 battles

All I can say is... Wow... Wargaming, you my friends are a master at this. People not only are buying their over priced reskin, But want them all and will pay insane prices to get them. Please, Release a flag with a whale on it and charge 500$ next month. It'll sell like hot cakes.

Members
2,420 posts
9,044 battles

The only way I will be buying anything in a pack, if they refund me the doubloons for Type 20 "pack" I already own on my T10s.  As it is, I am not paying for any space skin that I already have type 20 camo for, period.  I did buy Paris skin, because it was the only T10 I did not own Type 20 camo for.  That's it for me, I am done.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

People around the world have seen  PT Barnum and he has seen them. His quote from his observations 

RUlUNlM.jpg

OYKSCZ3.jpg

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
32 minutes ago, Naviss said:

All I can say is... Wow... Wargaming, you my friends are a master at this. People not only are buying their over priced reskin, But want them all and will pay insane prices to get them. Please, Release a flag with a whale on it and charge 500$ next month. It'll sell like hot cakes.

WG depends on people like this....because most people aren't this foolish.

The really sad part is, that most of the people that spend this kind of money on a game, can't really afford it.....:Smile_amazed:

[-ARP-]
Supertester
16 posts
8,120 battles

Indeed, WG as a business does indeed depend on people like me buying what they have to offer. So yeah, if they offer a megapack, I'd buy it. You might say that most people aren't foolish enough to buy all the skins, and let's be honest, here; the true value in these skins is their novelty. The halloween skins were the same way: the true value of them was their novelty, because their stats were the same as the base camos for their respective tiers. Tons of people still bought a lot of pumpkin containers to get them, including me. However, the value of the product purchased versus what I actually got for my money far exceeded the dollar value of the number of containers I purchased, simply because of the doubloons I got for camos I already had, which I later converted into two more premium ships essentially for free.

Most of you seem to disagree with the desire for a space skins megapack, and that's fine; your money, your choices. Given the option, I'd buy these skins, because A) I want them, and B) so far I've had little cause for complaint with the products from WG I've purchased. Sure, I might not be the very best user of some of the ships I've bought, but they were ships I wanted and so I bought them, and count myself satisfied.

Edited by Razor_Antilles

[DAKI]
Members
236 posts
8,823 battles
unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225
And then im sitting right here................ Rip 72000 Doubloon

Edited by Top_Gun_1999

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,368 battles

Hey don't get my post wrong, I've done the same when it comes to Star Citizen, but I also feel the value there is a little more. You walk around the ships, work on the ships, live on the ships etc. I just feel like with these skins, Modders will have a download for them in no time and they would be free. You're buying them to show other people you got them. And that's my problem. The stats should have been different or something to warrant such a high cost.

I just find it crazy how we all value different things. Spending 350$ on a digital space ship in one game that can change the way you play and what you do. Vs 300$ for nothing different aside from a look that you pay to only show others instead of downloading them as a mod for you to enjoy for free? 

At the end of the day, I can only say thank you to people that do give money into the game. I just wish Dev's seen more of that money instead of the top people pocketing it.

[SIMP]
Members
900 posts
8,927 battles
2 hours ago, Razor_Antilles said:

Considering how much money I'm going to spend when I finish unlocking the rest of the t10s (since I perma-flage them all after I get them), yes, I'd be willing to spend that sort of money. Even though it'll end up being far more expensive than getting the additional type 20s, since I was going to get them anyway I'm fine with spending more on the front end and having a really nice permaflage waiting for me when I get the corresponding ship unlocked.

Good on ya then mate!

[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

WG depends on people like this....because most people aren't this foolish.

The really sad part is, that most of the people that spend this kind of money on a game, can't really afford it.....:Smile_amazed:

How could you possibly know that? Is it that you can't afford it, therefore most others can't either? That's a silly assumption.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
16 posts
8,120 battles
58 minutes ago, Naviss said:

Hey don't get my post wrong, I've done the same when it comes to Star Citizen, but I also feel the value there is a little more. You walk around the ships, work on the ships, live on the ships etc. I just feel like with these skins, Modders will have a download for them in no time and they would be free. You're buying them to show other people you got them. And that's my problem. The stats should have been different or something to warrant such a high cost.

I just find it crazy how we all value different things. Spending 350$ on a digital space ship in one game that can change the way you play and what you do. Vs 300$ for nothing different aside from a look that you pay to only show others instead of downloading them as a mod for you to enjoy for free? 

At the end of the day, I can only say thank you to people that do give money into the game. I just wish Dev's seen more of that money instead of the top people pocketing it.

Absolutely; different values indeed, which is why companies like Wargaming and others like it can have sustainable business models. I've seen some of the mod packs where ships get re-skinned with all sorts of either weird or really cool stuff or designs, but what's held me back from getting into them is that with every patch, everything has to be re-installed, and sometimes the mod authors have to update their stuff, but I don't know how that all works because it's not something I've been into. Strangely enough, I'd rather pay the money for an official WG product that alters my ship's appearance and have it be constantly available regardless of the update cycle than get something for free and have it cause me problems later, even if it's the minor inconvenience of having to re-install something. The way I word it makes my logic sound completely ridiculous, I know.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,779 battles
4 hours ago, Naviss said:

Seriously, I really can't believe this. People are paying $35 for a Effing cosmetic skins.. Half my clan are getting these (some even buying multiple), while the other half of us are saying "are you kidding? this is so stupid." $35 is roughly the cost of a T7 premium ship (cruiser at least) and people are throwing it away on a skin...

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,779 battles
4 hours ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:
unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225
And then im sitting right here................ Rip 72000 Doubloon

"hey everybody, look! I just took $315 and set it on fire!"

[-ARP-]
Supertester
16 posts
8,120 battles
7 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Beats wasting that sort of money at Starbucks. As long as World of Warships exists, those skins will always be available to those that own them.

Edited by Razor_Antilles

[DAKI]
Members
236 posts
8,823 battles
20 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

To be fair, i got 66k doubloon for free by being Top 25 recruiter and having all the ship they give out

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,779 battles
2 minutes ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

To be fair, i got 66k doubloon for free by being Top 25 recruiter and having all the ship they give out

hey, if you got all those dubs coming in, I guess you gotta spend it on something. I'd rather get premium ships though

[DAKI]
Members
236 posts
8,823 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

hey, if you got all those dubs coming in, I guess you gotta spend it on something. I'd rather get premium ships though

already have every premium ship available in tech tree as well as every T10 camo........... can't really spend it on anything

Sign in to follow this