You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

No, seriously, how you should play IJN BBs

52 comments in this topic

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles

First of all, forget the BB part. They are not. They are significantly bulkier, more sluggish and inmaneuverable CAs with an enlarged hull which incurs a much higher chance to get damaged. Any decent BB with your IJN BB tier - 2  and higher has an incredible high chance to cit-hit them.

So stop treating them like BBs. First and foremost. Remember this well and your defeat will be less humiliating. I don't know, hide behind an island you little mig-15. 

2ND of all, they are not snipers. What makes a good sniper: Incredibly accurate shells + incredibly powerful shells. In other words, you take on your enemy from afar, you land 2/3 of your salvo, you damage >= 8000 with that. 

But none of that is true with every single IJN BB. Unpainted and unbuffed, the enemy has a ridiculously high chance of catching all of your shells landing on both side of them, that is, not getting scratched at all. NVM aiming. It doesn't matter. Oh you aim well? Only 3 or so will hit, and they total a some 4000 damage. Any self-respecting german BB can score that accuracy at the max range - except they have much much higher actual damage output per shell. Getting a none cit-hit 8000 k or above dmg is rare for german ship at medium to long range, and near impossible for IJN BBs.

If you still believe it's because you suck so you can't play IJN BB, try American and Germans. Do you notice both your win rate and sinking record skyrockets? That's right, you are definitely not alone.

Oh did I mention they are littered with Ryan Reynolds' urine jar? Except they have solidified gasoline compound in them. Thats right. They catch one shell of HE, they burn. And it's quite a common scene where IJN BBs got lit 3 places by one little torp boat. 

Notice how most in the "OMG YOU JUST SUCK IJN SHIPS ARE AWESOME YOU JUST NEED TO LEARN TO SNIPE" don't actually use IJN BBs as their main at all? Thasss right. They too hate IJN ships, they are still in the denial-=-self-doubt phase and are coping by not playing them.

This is the reality. This is what happened: In the earlier versions, before the #918294 patch got patched, IJN BBs were awesome. Well it was a bit too... awesome. And it was accurate. IJN personnel were well trained, and the gunnery skills were godlike, to put it moderately. Remember the battle of savo islands? Remember what happened to ABDA fleet? They were awesome... in early releases. Look it up on youtube. Tons of medicore streamers score an easy 5 streak with them. Oh did I mention the DDs were absolute HORROR? This pissed off a lot of people. USN hogs, Queen HMS dry wood sticks and Wehraboos. They banged their heads loudly at their PC station disassembling their keyboards. 

And sex worker gaming gave in. They started nerfing everything IJN. The CAs became tug boats, the BBs are now CAs, and DD... well they DD are not officially torp boats. That's all they are good at. Save for a different line of DDs.  Well at least the torp is still good because sex worker gaming doesn't want to be completely inaccurate with ships.

Good job I say. Now the only reason to play IJN is to grind your way to Yamato, which again has been nerfed... just not so dramatically. 

• Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,195 posts
2,971 battles

They're not that bad. Just shoot the enemy when they're spotted. Pretty simple concept

[SIM]
Members
3,424 posts
5,268 battles

Well, this topic is the stupidest thing that I’ll read all day. Bravo. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
6,109 posts
10,244 battles

I don't think there is one singular point I agree with in this post, which says a lot since there were many.

[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts

Probably just trolling but eh, I'm bored.

They aren't brawlers and aren't snipers. They're mid range BBs. Stay steeply angled to enemy BBs and hunt cruisers of any tier and BBs that are a tier under you as your priority targets to thin the enemy team quickly. 

[KNMSU]
Members
5,302 posts
5,541 battles

29 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

First of all, forget the BB part. They are not. They are significantly bulkier, more sluggish and inmaneuverable CAs

Uhhhh.... no.

*Edit* Actually, looking at your stats, let me change that to a big ol' --

bruh-no.jpg

Edited by AviationBattleship_Hyuga
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles
5 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Probably just trolling but eh, I'm bored.

They aren't brawlers and aren't snipers. They're mid range BBs. Stay steeply angled to enemy BBs and hunt cruisers of any tier and BBs that are a tier under you as your priority targets to thin the enemy team quickly. 

I wonder. 

Do you adopt the same pathetic, surrenderist tactic when playing other lines of BBs?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,158 posts
9,459 battles
30 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

First of all, forget the BB part. They are not. They are significantly bulkier, more sluggish and inmaneuverable CAs with an enlarged hull which incurs a much higher chance to get damaged. Any decent BB with your IJN BB tier - 2  and higher has an incredible high chance to cit-hit them.

So stop treating them like BBs. First and foremost. Remember this well and your defeat will be less humiliating. I don't know, hide behind an island you little mig-15. 

2ND of all, they are not snipers. What makes a good sniper: Incredibly accurate shells + incredibly powerful shells. In other words, you take on your enemy from afar, you land 2/3 of your salvo, you damage >= 8000 with that. 

But none of that is true with every single IJN BB. Unpainted and unbuffed, the enemy has a ridiculously high chance of catching all of your shells landing on both side of them, that is, not getting scratched at all. NVM aiming. It doesn't matter. Oh you aim well? Only 3 or so will hit, and they total a some 4000 damage. Any self-respecting german BB can score that accuracy at the max range - except they have much much higher actual damage output per shell. Getting a none cit-hit 8000 k or above dmg is rare for german ship at medium to long range, and near impossible for IJN BBs.

If you still believe it's because you suck so you can't play IJN BB, try American and Germans. Do you notice both your win rate and sinking record skyrockets? That's right, you are definitely not alone.

Oh did I mention they are littered with Ryan Reynolds' urine jar? Except they have solidified gasoline compound in them. Thats right. They catch one shell of HE, they burn. And it's quite a common scene where IJN BBs got lit 3 places by one little torp boat. 

Notice how most in the "OMG YOU JUST SUCK IJN SHIPS ARE AWESOME YOU JUST NEED TO LEARN TO SNIPE" don't actually use IJN BBs as their main at all? Thasss right. They too hate IJN ships, they are still in the denial-=-self-doubt phase and are coping by not playing them.

This is the reality. This is what happened: In the earlier versions, before the #918294 patch got patched, IJN BBs were awesome. Well it was a bit too... awesome. And it was accurate. IJN personnel were well trained, and the gunnery skills were godlike, to put it moderately. Remember the battle of savo islands? Remember what happened to ABDA fleet? They were awesome... in early releases. Look it up on youtube. Tons of medicore streamers score an easy 5 streak with them. Oh did I mention the DDs were absolute HORROR? This pissed off a lot of people. USN hogs, Queen HMS dry wood sticks and Wehraboos. They banged their heads loudly at their PC station disassembling their keyboards. 

And sex worker gaming gave in. They started nerfing everything IJN. The CAs became tug boats, the BBs are now CAs, and DD... well they DD are not officially torp boats. That's all they are good at. Save for a different line of DDs.  Well at least the torp is still good because sex worker gaming doesn't want to be completely inaccurate with ships.

Good job I say. Now the only reason to play IJN is to grind your way to Yamato, which again has been nerfed... just not so dramatically. 

Not sure when you can give a Poster credit that hasn't played 2k games.    IJN BB is the only BB I can understand that can and might be better at range than others.

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles

4hits, nothing.

5abcef37614d4_2018-03-2921_45_17-Greenshot.thumb.png.14ee9b0fecd4c435cd839176b97964a7.png

Enemy retalitate by one salvo of HE, AMAGI LIT UP. OH HOW TYPICAL.

5abcefe256e91_2018-03-2921_45_26-Greenshot.thumb.png.f330ab317b9a09e02f1a19476311ce64.png

ANOTHER 4 HITS, ALL BOUNCED. TURTLE BACK, APPARENTLY.

5abcf040c5983_2018-03-2921_45_49-Greenshot.thumb.png.a29b254b5b94c246a6de840f6408b38b.png

ANOTHER SALVO. SHIP LIT UP IN 2 PLACES. 1 SALVO, 2 FLAMING SPOT. THAT PROOVES PRECISELY HOW BAD A PLAYER I AM, I CAN MANIPULATE THE GAME TELE-ELECTRONICALLY TO HAVE ODDS AGAINST ME.

5abcf06a27a42_2018-03-2921_46_48-Greenshot.thumb.png.709fb3840f2f02fa1c45606f37fcaa37.png

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles
6 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Not sure when you can give a Poster credit that hasn't played 2k games.    IJN BB is the only BB I can understand that can and might be better at range than others.

"MIGHT" BE BETTER? WOW. 

EVEN WHEN THESE DOUBTERS ARE DOUBTING, THEIR TONES ARE TUNED SO MUCH DOWN.

"Hey, I think urban Californian skies MIGHT be blue once in a while"

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles
12 minutes ago, AviationBattleship_Hyuga said:

Uhhhh.... no.

*Edit* Actually, looking at your stats, let me change that to a big ol' --

bruh-no.jpg

My stats with US BBs and Germany BBs are much, much, much better.

[edited] Yamato. It's not worth it. I'm gonna sell all my IJN BBs and stick with those 2 lines.

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

And you wonder why clans don’t want you.

Primarily because me not joining. 

Let's not get that wrong. 

It's like saying the biggest debt holder of US is China. Yea, no, wrong. 

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles
22 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I don't think there is one singular point I agree with in this post, which says a lot since there were many.

Which says only one thing with that being you disagree. Nothing beyond that.

Now go back to the back of your seat.

Members
421 posts
2,175 battles
30 minutes ago, IWantedOption1 said:

They're not that bad. Just shoot the enemy when they're spotted. Pretty simple concept

Oh, now its "not that bad" eh?

You know half a year or so ago I pointed this out what you people were yelling at me? Basically super ships being played by a noob player.

And then I shut yall up by posting my 3 winning streak with 3 sinks in every single battle.

But still, some yous were audacious and brazen enough to say I was just being lucky. 

I wonder what made yall change yous mind? So they are bad, just NOT that bad, now, eh?  What made them stop being such super ships?

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
19 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

this guy actually believes what comes out of his own mouth?

Well he is a special type of sea slug, so I imagine he does.

:Smile_popcorn:

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,722 posts
3,649 battles
36 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Well, this topic is the stupidest thing that I’ll read all day. Bravo. 

Honestly. I've read some pretty stupid bleeps today, too.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,265 posts
3,159 battles
20 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

4hits, nothing.

5abcef37614d4_2018-03-2921_45_17-Greenshot.thumb.png.14ee9b0fecd4c435cd839176b97964a7.png

Enemy retalitate by one salvo of HE, AMAGI LIT UP. OH HOW TYPICAL.

5abcefe256e91_2018-03-2921_45_26-Greenshot.thumb.png.f330ab317b9a09e02f1a19476311ce64.png

ANOTHER 4 HITS, ALL BOUNCED. TURTLE BACK, APPARENTLY.

5abcf040c5983_2018-03-2921_45_49-Greenshot.thumb.png.a29b254b5b94c246a6de840f6408b38b.png

ANOTHER SALVO. SHIP LIT UP IN 2 PLACES. 1 SALVO, 2 FLAMING SPOT. THAT PROOVES PRECISELY HOW BAD A PLAYER I AM, I CAN MANIPULATE THE GAME TELE-ELECTRONICALLY TO HAVE ODDS AGAINST ME.

5abcf06a27a42_2018-03-2921_46_48-Greenshot.thumb.png.709fb3840f2f02fa1c45606f37fcaa37.png

Aim higher, hit just under the superstructure. If a battleship is angling heavily, actually hit the superstructure. Or, switch to HE. 

You're also rather close to the enemy team there. Amagi does best 15~18 km away from her targets, so I would have started kiting away from them much sooner, keeping that distance. It would have also kept you from being the primary target, as I suspect happened here.   

• Cool 2

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Wow, ummm.... All I can say is not every ship is for every person. I feel like the IJN BB's are good ships, except Izumo is a little inconsistent, overall. If you find your play style and the ship dont match up, try another ship line.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Aim higher, hit just under the superstructure. If a battleship is angling heavily, actually hit the superstructure. Or, switch to HE. 

You're also rather close to the enemy team there. Amagi does best 15~18 km away from her targets, so I would have started kiting away from them much sooner, keeping that distance. It would have also kept you from being the primary target, as I suspect happened here.   

RivertheRoyal, thanks for the advice, not sure if the OP will listen.

But I have.:Smile_honoring:

[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts
39 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I wonder. 

Do you adopt the same pathetic, surrenderist tactic when playing other lines of BBs?

Well now I know you're just a troll. Thank god. I was worried you might actually be as dumb as your first post made you sound. 

Carry on, good sir. :Smile_honoring: