You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

PSA: Last Chance Gaston

22 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,679 posts
9,099 battles

Attention those who are friends of French BBs; today is your last chance to grab the Gasgone before it leaves the premium shop for an indeterminable amount of time (prays that a bundle for Kii with Koyobashi camo appears soon or an option to purchase it in-game becomes available). Personally, not real sure why both Gasgone and Roma got almost a month in the premium shop when two weeks had been judged sufficient previously and this would have allowed them to slip out an extra premium or two that I've been eyeing like a starving bear (T-61), but I guess if wargaming thinks that's the way to go...

Anywho, if you want one of the most memetastic boats in the game, better grab it before anyone makes another terrible pun about it.

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,290 battles

Got Republique now.  It's like Gascogne on steroids.

No need for the Gas Can now.

Just hoping we get an exciting new ship in the Premium Shop to replace her.

[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts

I'm thinking of holding off on this one. In theory I should be able to pull her out of santa crates in December anyway, and I'm not all that jazzed about French BBs anyway. 

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
36 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Attention those who are friends of French BBs; today is your last chance to grab the Gasgone before it leaves the premium shop for an indeterminable amount of time (prays that a bundle for Kii with Koyobashi camo appears soon or an option to purchase it in-game becomes available). Personally, not real sure why both Gasgone and Roma got almost a month in the premium shop when two weeks had been judged sufficient previously and this would have allowed them to slip out an extra premium or two that I've been eyeing like a starving bear (T-61), but I guess if wargaming thinks that's the way to go...

Anywho, if you want one of the most memetastic boats in the game, better grab it before anyone makes another terrible pun about it.

Sorry to see it go, but it is out of my budget right now. As are most of the Premium ships.

[-BRS-]
Members
405 posts
12,349 battles

It is a good looking vessel, I'll say that

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,900 battles

I skipped it after reading the mot-so favorable reviews (LWM's comes to mind).

No big loss to see it go.

Beta Testers
1,691 posts
3,820 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

some premium ships that were supposed to follow were postponed for testing purposes ie T-61, Duca Del Abrugzzi, USS Mass, and one more that I can't remember.

Members
1,636 posts
14,009 battles

A meh tier 8 BB that gets tiered up in the present MM environment all the time.... will it truly be missed?  So “passer”, and please put something good in the shop.

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
11,445 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Just hoping we get an exciting new ship in the Premium Shop to replace her.

I dont need exciting, just give me boring old Monaghan.  lol  

Cash in hand, WG.  The power of my port compels you!  

Edited by AnimaL21

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,757 posts
9,334 battles

I watched a Notser video the other day,  and if Notser is right, the T61 has been shelved, and we may never see it. :( 

A ship I was really looking forward to getting. total bummer.

Supertester
427 posts
7,729 battles

Couldn't care less about the Gas Can, the only French BB I'll never worry about having. I love the French BB line, it's one of the best lines to grind from start to finish imo, but Gas Can is just a floating meme that doesn't really bring anything new to the table. I already got the République, so even if had bought the Gas Can for whatever sick reason, I'd not be using it at all. I'd just suggest everyone to focus on the tech tree ships instead (because they are amazing) and if you want something like the Gas Can, either get the République or buy the Tirpitz. Either way it's gonna be more worth your while.

[-TKS-]
Members
498 posts
8,176 battles

thanks for the psa. not buying it but wished someone posted about other ships i missed. 

[NAB]
Members
412 posts
8,991 battles

I gotta say, I really dislike the Gascogne.  There hasn't been a single mission where I didn't find myself screaming at the screen, "F#$K these guns!"

Edited by driedjello
grammar
  • Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
5,330 posts
5,553 battles
2 hours ago, SpudZero said:

I watched a Notser video the other day,  and if Notser is right, the T61 has been shelved, and we may never see it. :( 

A ship I was really looking forward to getting. total bummer.

That's a shame. Why?

[SIM]
Members
3,454 posts
5,316 battles

Thanks for the warning. I’ve had mine for a while, it’s rather mediocre and could use a few small buffs to bring it up to the level of the other Tier VIII BBs. Every salvo is a slot machine pull (moreso than any other ship that I can remember playing), and the turret arrangement and poor traverse speed make it a very uncomfortable gamble at that. She’s not without redeeming qualities, but the only things that keep me playing her are her novelty, and that sweet Joan of Arc skin.

[NGA]
Members
1,679 posts
9,099 battles
26 minutes ago, AviationBattleship_Hyuga said:

That's a shame. Why?

*Insert rant about Wargaming not liking that a DD could be a threat to one of their precious baBBies*

[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles

I like mine. The speed is crazy for a battleship. The guns can troll the hell out of you, but they can also be devastating. I also dig the secondaries for the fires. Fun bote.

Edited by RagingxMarmoset

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

God created the earth and heavens in 6 days the seventh he rested. the eighth he called Someday. Someday I will consider buying the gascan