Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Tips and Advice for new Gunboat DD Player

8 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,703 posts
13,233 battles

Currently at tier 6 in IJN and USN Gunboat DD lines and need to know Captain Builds that I will need for tiers 7-8 of IJN and tiers 8-10 for USN. I also could use any good tips and advice on using them. ( lol doubt they will be able to replace effectiveness of my CAs, but often fun to branch out and expand my play styles and ship inventory.) I am comfortable in the IJN Torp DDs including including using their guns at opportune times.

[SALVO]
Members
24,181 posts
24,546 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Currently at tier 6 in IJN and USN Gunboat DD lines and need to know Captain Builds that I will need for tiers 7-8 of IJN and tiers 8-10 for USN. I also could use any good tips and advice on using them. ( lol doubt they will be able to replace effectiveness of my CAs, but often fun to branch out and expand my play styles and ship inventory.) I am comfortable in the IJN Torp DDs including using their guns at opportune times.

Thrawn, I suggest using this site as a good place to go to get ideas on captain's builds.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
20,826 battles

I would recommend you look at Flamu's vids on each of the ships, it's a good place to start when looking at captain builds and ship setup.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles

Best advice when you get the Akizuki div with a competent Lo Yang player and see your win rate hover around the 80% mark.

Members
86 posts
16,143 battles

Here's my recommended build for US DD

CvVNyyD.png

You may also swap BFT for Vigilance if you die to wall of skill a lot. 

Here's my regular tactics when playing USN DD. Contesting the cap. Never stall in cap or smoke. Stay mobile. Always go for cap and cut off enemy dds.

Though the video is a while back, here's ichase talking about DD's duty featuring my replay.

Welcome to US dd line, both deadly beautiful and versatile.

Edited by dearmrfrodo1
  • Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
840 posts
11,008 battles

Both lines (well - technically all three,  should you include the IJN DD split) - are very strong, when played to their strengths.

There are going to be very nearly as many skipper-skill recommendations as players that play them - but the following is how I set them up.

US DDs up the Fletcher:

Spoiler

QkgKtoA.jpg

T10 Gearing:

Spoiler

mva0N40.jpg

IJN torp boats:

Spoiler

VR8hSdk.jpg

Akizuki:

Spoiler

ZtJCaXE.jpg

Again - these are just the ways I choose to set up my skippers for these particular boats - there is always more than one way to skin a cat!

Have fun running the lines - I think you're going to enjoy them very much.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this