Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheNargacuga

Thank you wargaming for the spacebattles

12 comments in this topic

Members
376 posts
5 battles

I'm not talking about the battles themselves, or my own experience. (got a friend who's shown them to me) I am thanking wargaming for once again using this april fools to test out mechanics that people would be crybabies about for testing in any other method. The mobile weather that slowly floats across the map is absolutely lovely and would likely make a great addition if it's proven to work. 

Cheers to game companies who are willing to use april fools to test things rather than listen to those who want them to focus on what already exists. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,841 posts
4,855 battles

Thanks for the chance to earn elite EXP for those who barely have any commander capable of doing so.

• Cool 2

[PNP]
Members
397 posts
3,222 battles

I agree too. Having more weather effects will spice up the gameplay even more. It's nice to have something like Space Battles serve as a testbed for new concepts for WG to test.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,763 posts

Didn't realise it was pvp only (as I had won the ships in Co-Op), and I must say that the visuals made me feel sick (properly sick - not a dislike).

However, can't knock WG's efforts, despite how it affected me (and that it was yet another non-CoOp thing), the whole thing was very professionally done and injected something different and fun for those members of the community that want to give it a go. Well done WG! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,873 battles

Nice effort by WG on the event hope you all enjoy it. It's just not for me- it's a graphic thing.

I'll stick with Galaga for spaceships- yeah I'm that simple.

[RKLES]
Members
8,923 posts
10,828 battles

Yeah loving the mode for following reasons:

Fun little side project for players to work on.

Great way to test X Ships we may want, although you have to check to see which ships each one is since the camo transforms them into new look and name.

Does 0 harm to any stats, so if we want to push the limits and try new potentially risky attack ideas we can.

Allows up to test some different Captain Builds since you can shuffle Captains between the ships freely.

We get reasonable credit income even without premium time ( ended up nearly broke recently and now pulling back up to 400k already)

Decent supply of Elite Captain XP

We are getting some Free XP as well, 

We are getting a lot of crates with camos to use in other battle modes, and all those crates add up into a lot of clan oil as well. And all that extra is greatly needed for the clan I am currently helping out.

Members
453 posts
1,012 battles

I am sorry but I don`t like it at all, ships move in a plane, shots fly parabollic... no space at all.

In other semisims like this but with space theme, such as Battlestar Galactica, spaceships move only by inertia/propulsion and there is no up or down.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,145 posts
6,627 battles
5 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

I'm not talking about the battles themselves, or my own experience. (got a friend who's shown them to me) I am thanking wargaming for once again using this april fools to test out mechanics that people would be crybabies about for testing in any other method. The mobile weather that slowly floats across the map is absolutely lovely and would likely make a great addition if it's proven to work. 

Cheers to game companies who are willing to use april fools to test things rather than listen to those who want them to focus on what already exists. 

First tested out in Operation Hermes, but great to see it being used here also.

5 hours ago, pyantoryng said:

Thanks for the chance to earn elite EXP for those who barely have any commander capable of doing so.

Most especially this. They also did it for the Halloween missions last year (and may have done it before that, but I wasn't there then), and I'm torn between my need to grind the American cruisers at least as far as the Cleveland before the split happens, and the desire to grind as much elite captain XP as I can (especially since I'm currently on some supercontainer premium time).

Unfortunately I only got one space battle in last night because I was busy boosting up my Phoenix and winning a couple of co-op games to unlock space cruisers and battleships, but what I saw was fun and awesome, and the ability to see what top-tier ships can be like in an unserious setting is absolutely glorious. 2K XP at least on my Phoenix, and then I'm off to see if I can unlock destroyers.

Members
376 posts
5 battles
17 hours ago, Patosentado said:

I am sorry but I don`t like it at all, ships move in a plane, shots fly parabollic... no space at all.

In other semisims like this but with space theme, such as Battlestar Galactica, spaceships move only by inertia/propulsion and there is no up or down.

And you are exactly the kind of person who has no understanding at all about what it would take to completely change the game to fit a space based gameplay. GO AWAY. 

• Cool 1

[KWRCN]
Beta Testers
121 posts
6,099 battles

I'm having lots of fun. Nice little optional mode that adds some variety.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,260 posts
8,562 battles

The storm mechanics are interesting.    Rather than current Typhoons, which hit the entire map, the space storms impact a portion of the map.    Still working on the visibility components.   I had teammates in the Psy Storm, and we were accused of hiding (something about "coward (female anatomy)".     Apparently, we could see and fire at the reds, but because we were in the storm, they couldn't see us.    More research to be conducted.    May be interesting if Psy Storm turns into standard thunderstorms in Randoms.

Sign in to follow this