Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

When MM decides it's not your match to win

8 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,536 posts
14,678 battles

Well, in this instance, I was on the favored side.  Nigh impossible for the reds to win this one.

sd.thumb.jpg.1bd7ae5ceee7341135b4cb3bd6d5e005.jpg

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles

Yeah I have wondered if game does intentionally throw curve balls at some teams, for example have had 3-4 battles so far that were scattered among last 3 months were game would not load my ship onto battle no matter what I tried to make it work. And those were battles based on MM composition and ship I was using I could likely have carried the battle.

Not saying MM rigs everything all the time, but in Wargaming games you will get a rigged battle every once in a great while or perhaps a rigged day. But then rest of the time things are based on your skill as a player. And a rigged match can be in your favor or the enemy’s favor. I have been in both types of rigged battles in my time playing Wargaming games.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,298 posts
12,407 battles

Short of the top tier BB being afk, I don't think you had such an overwhelming advantage.  Both the Belfast and the Atlanta are one volley dev strikes from any decent BB player that catches you wrong footed.    The Aoba and Akatsuki essentially did nothing, and a Saipan getting manhandled by a Ranger is laughable.  In addition, someone fail divisioned in a tier 5 Omaha into a tier 8 game.  I'm not saying you guys didn't have good ships, obviously so, but while the three radars might have been a help, they were not the deciding factor.  Player skill trumps ship skill - That's how a Ranger roasts a Saipan.  Or a GC at tier 5 routinely shanks Scharnhorsts, Colorados and Nagato's ( KG V's, not so much - lol ).

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
17,088 battles

that is common mm whenever I play my Sims still do well against your OP radar powered ships  and getting better at baiting your tricks and getting my team to focus u down

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
17,088 battles

that is common mm whenever I play my Sims still do well against your OP radar powered ships  and getting better at baiting your tricks and getting my team to focus u down ( that sure looked like a lot fun though hope u had a blast)

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,536 posts
14,678 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

Short of the top tier BB being afk, I don't think you had such an overwhelming advantage.  Both the Belfast and the Atlanta are one volley dev strikes from any decent BB player that catches you wrong footed.    The Aoba and Akatsuki essentially did nothing, and a Saipan getting manhandled by a Ranger is laughable.  In addition, someone fail divisioned in a tier 5 Omaha into a tier 8 game.  I'm not saying you guys didn't have good ships, obviously so, but while the three radars might have been a help, they were not the deciding factor.  Player skill trumps ship skill - That's how a Ranger roasts a Saipan.  Or a GC at tier 5 routinely shanks Scharnhorsts, Colorados and Nagato's ( KG V's, not so much - lol ).

I agree that an MM advantage can be overcome with good play on the other side...or poor play on the favored side.  In this match it seems like the play just extended the gap.  The Akatsuki you mentioned drove into a cap (a cap with terrain cover for the radar ships and no cover for a capping DD) without identifying where the radar ships were located.  Aside from the fact you could guess at least one would be there...we had two. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

That Amagi should be locked to co op for 50 games 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,536 posts
14,678 battles
6 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

That Amagi should be locked to co op for 50 games 

We didn't get to it until the end of the match...I have a screen shot of over half our fleet shooting at it.  I'll see if I can dig it up.

Sign in to follow this