You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Qyet

To the Devs

29 comments in this topic

[OTG]
[OTG]
Alpha Tester
33 posts
1,937 battles

Well, you lost another customer.  Not me, but a guy that I have been playing in game with since Beta.  I do not know what possessed you to bring a tier 8 aircraft carrier to a 6-8 battle, but when a dive bomber gets an 18K hit off of a single drop, something is seriously overpowered.  and all that the owner would say was that he was WG-CC.  After both of us had been killed (both in tier 6 ships), I looked and the Graf Zepplin had 5 kills, an Amagi had one more and the rest of their team was just circling their zone.  They did not need to be in combat, the German carrier was just over powered that much.  In Beta, this happened and the devs would acknowledge their error and reward the unlucky recipients of their largess.  But this guy just kept killing ships.  So my friend just cleared the game off of his computer.

Way to go WG-CC

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
559 posts
2,643 battles

Next, they'll lose the Graf Zeppelin player when he gets crammed into a tier 10 game, and loses 3 squadrons trying to bomb a Montana.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
17,088 battles
50 minutes ago, Qyet said:

Well, you lost another customer.  Not me, but a guy that I have been playing in game with since Beta.  I do not know what possessed you to bring a tier 8 aircraft carrier to a 6-8 battle, but when a dive bomber gets an 18K hit off of a single drop, something is seriously overpowered.  and all that the owner would say was that he was WG-CC.  After both of us had been killed (both in tier 6 ships), I looked and the Graf Zepplin had 5 kills, an Amagi had one more and the rest of their team was just circling their zone.  They did not need to be in combat, the German carrier was just over powered that much.  In Beta, this happened and the devs would acknowledge their error and reward the unlucky recipients of their largess.  But this guy just kept killing ships.  So my friend just cleared the game off of his computer.

Way to go WG-CC

yeah that can suck rage quitting like that hope he comes back after a cooldown a lot of games can go that way  and I agree the AP bombs are pretty easy to get mega damage ive seen some players do same just by auto dropping on BB completely broadside no skill required auto click deaths are a  chessy way to get killed I agree

[5D5]
Members
2,692 posts
16,131 battles

So you want WG to react to a rage quitter? It's bad enough that they've made so many changes to stop the 10 million year flood of BBaby tears.

• Funny 1

Members
559 posts
2,643 battles

The point is more that current MM is detrimental to retaining players. When I describe this game to my friends, of which I have two, I won't use glowing terms for matchmaking. IMHO the game is popular enough to not need to mix tiers any more. I can see if the queues were long, over 5 minutes, then players would tolerate +/-  2 tiers to get into games where they risk being seriously outclassed. Folks say 2 tiers isn't as bad a handicap here as in WoT. Sure, it's not the end of the world. But as the OP points out, it can be super bogus. Rage quitting a free to play game is hardly worth noting, but in this case I believe it's a legitimate issue that will affect (some say already has) overall retention. MM ought to be reeled in for the sake of balance.  Just because people ragequit over it doesn't mean it's not a problem.

• Cool 1

[EGO]
Members
3,498 posts
4 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

The point is more that current MM is detrimental to retaining players.

Acquiring new players too. I no longer recommend this game due to MM issues.

• Cool 2

Members
559 posts
2,643 battles
Just now, CaptainTeddybear said:

Absolutely, I have a friend that is quite good at video games, and he might not even care about MM. But I'm hesitant to recruit him because if he quits before reaching tier 6, I'm [edited]. He'd probably grind ijn dd's to tier 6 in a day....

Members
482 posts
8,529 battles

Keep them coming, WOW dev team does't care the gameplay sucks.

Try to find way to work around the issue as a player base the the staff deletes your account.  

Welcome to rigged games 2018

Edited by WES_HoundDog

Members
376 posts
5 battles

THis community is better off without your friend, anyone who is willing to quit over something like that doens't belong, end of story. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
3 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

THis community is better off without your friend, anyone who is willing to quit over something like that doens't belong, end of story. 

You've got 20x the posts of games played. What ya hiding smurfy?

Your posts are always rude and impish in some way. No wonder you hide your real account.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles
6 hours ago, 44_percenter said:

The point is more that current MM is detrimental to retaining players. When I describe this game to my friends, of which I have two, I won't use glowing terms for matchmaking. IMHO the game is popular enough to not need to mix tiers any more. I can see if the queues were long, over 5 minutes, then players would tolerate +/-  2 tiers to get into games where they risk being seriously outclassed. Folks say 2 tiers isn't as bad a handicap here as in WoT. Sure, it's not the end of the world. But as the OP points out, it can be super bogus. Rage quitting a free to play game is hardly worth noting, but in this case I believe it's a legitimate issue that will affect (some say already has) overall retention. MM ought to be reeled in for the sake of balance.  Just because people ragequit over it doesn't mean it's not a problem.

I feel your pain. I can't get any of my buddies to play either due to some of these same issues.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, Qyet said:

Way to go WG-CC

I am not yet placing any judgement of this story, but am genuinely seeking facts.

Facts given:

The player that quit has been playing since beta. In a T6-8 match a T8 player killed him. The killer was piloting a T8 cv. Killer got 5 kills. Red Amagi had 6 kills. Rest of the red team did nothing. CV killer called himself a WGCC. CV planes squadron acheived 18k damage in one attack.

Now some questions for perspective and to assist in my judgement.

1. Has this player not had a moment when 2 tiers above another player, acheived a 18k worth of damage in one salvo, or sortie.

2. Has this player not yet acheived a one shot kill of a full (or near full) hp player at the same tier.

3.Did the killer have WGCC in front of there name in chat?

4. Has this player not yet acheived a kracken in a match?

5. Did the reportedly CC'er act condescendingly, or gloat, or otherwise  belittle either team or any individual player?

6. Does this player after answering these prior questions still feel as if he was somehow legitimately wronged? For example not thought of it like that before?

Just to be fair, i do not support unrestricted +-2, i feel it should be regulated to a percentage of matches (my suggestion is about 20%) but this style of matchmaking has been in place for some time, it seems odd someone playing since before me should suddenly quit over it. I can certainly understand that this could be "the straw".

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,621 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, Qyet said:

Way to go WG-CC

It is a valid point because WG pretty much has admitted they want higher tier ships to crap on lower tiers. So higher tier ships can feel the power. Come back in a few years, WoT had this issue too and eventually MM was changed.... eventually.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,224 battles

Yeah its to the point where if you don't take a break from this game and its crap MM it can be too much. Its good if it costs WG money, its the only way they learn.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

So once again a player in a BB takes one 18K hit, which is a size of hit they're used to giving out to cruisers and sometimes other BBs fairly often...and quits in disgust?   Don't let the door hit you in the [edited]on the way out.  

Oh, and [WG-CC]<name> , if that's what you saw, is the Community Contributors tag.  You see that on @LittleWhiteMouse and @Notser, for instance.  Nothing sinister there.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

So much whining about MM, get real people, you play the cards your dealt when you click the button, do I like to see a midway on our team in a T8 dd who has 50k average damage vs a midway with 170k average damage, no not really, but you deal with it, so many of you are such snowflakes about a game,  MM is what it is radar ships and teams that get radar and the other doesn't , well to bad you work around it, and just because they have radar ships and your team doesn't, who cares 9 out of 10 times they plain suck in that ship anyway and they never use their radar cause they sit at the back.

To many threads about MM and radar of late, because you think you got hard done by for 20 minutes, this game is, 20 min of glory or 20 min of failure.

Some players have to understand, you have to fight to win, it's not handed to you, and if you lose, what has it really cost you, nothing, some flags, your pride is hurt or your butt is

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,943 posts
8,379 battles

If I have the facts correct (and I might not), they were up against one of the best CV players on the server (Femennenly).  If the game is the one I think it was, Fem got 7 kills, shot down 84 planes and did almost 175,000 damage.  OP was in a Gaede.

[WGA]
Administrator
878 posts
13,560 battles

Yea.... *scratches back of neck* that was me... Sorry about that. 

To be fair, your CV really didn't put much of a fight up against me, honestly I didn't think we were going to win, that's why I started to derp charge for lulz. 

Ships 2-1.png

Ships 2-2.png

Ships 2-3.png

Ships 2-4.png

• Cool 2

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
9 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Same here. As long as WG insists on retaining +2 -2 MM there will continue to be a arterial bleed off of new players.

• Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
574 posts
26,385 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 11:29 PM, Qyet said:

Well, you lost another customer.

if only if WG dropped the karma penalties by making people play co op only, then i would still play the game.....ik its still in the ST stages, but i feel that WG might punish those who couldn't load in a match cuz internet issues, or cuz of dc's and crashes, even...... 

not to mentioned that the WG-CC probably played, and excelled, at real time strategy games.........heck, she's FAR better in a cruiser/BB/DD then i am.....she just has the experience, and skill, that most players lack... and i lack most skills that those players has....maybe 10-11% would be worst in stats then i have...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

i wish i was that good.......-_-

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,916 battles

So seeing that now, i wish to add some to my discussion...

Your friend was uptiered against a top 5% player.

Every once in a while you step into the ring and chuck norris will be your opponent.

Perhaps this will change their mind about quitting.

Also congrats to Femennenly, i must have been away at work when you got your CC status!

[-DZ-]
Members
574 posts
26,385 battles
27 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Ships 2-1.png

Ships 2-2.png

Ships 2-3.png

Ships 2-4.png

and heres the proof that she is really great at the game.....

on the contrary......heres my best game in my worst class ship (that is not a cv, btw)

shot-18_03.30_00_11.00-0892.thumb.jpg.ebc6664d41ee28db6bb44581b2d1560e.jpgshot-18_03.30_00_11.04-0317.thumb.jpg.9282a1779767cad71e9bb4bfa7f08f2e.jpgshot-18_03.30_00_11.07-0920.thumb.jpg.6592bd6ddaacdfe796eeb41d96ce232d.jpgshot-18_03.30_00_11.10-0241.thumb.jpg.22732b8f801310811b5bba2bdb2e0a1a.jpg

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,644 posts
8,217 battles

Working out as I predicted. Tears of rage for some, tears of laughter for others. (OP, you do realize just which player was captaining the GZ?)