Sign in to follow this  
LittleJoe0962

game FPS crashing

6 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
3,467 battles

I've posted this on the reddit site, so if you see this twice, sorry.  This last patch helped alittle.  Instead of low teens while in battle, now its mid 20's.  Now since this last update, while using FRAPS as a backup to the in game FPS meter.  While sitting in the harbor, i can get to 60 FPS with much of the setting either off, or very low.  However, I've noticed one thing.  Every time i scroll over each signal flags and camo in the exterior sections, my FPS tank down to low digits and recover back to 40's FPS.  Is there an option or setting that i haven't found yet that can remove the description bubble that appears whenever you scroll over a flag or camo? I'm playing on a acer laptop, w/ a i5-7200u 2.5GHz, GeForce 940mx, 8 GB DDR 4.  A few patches back, i was able to play steadily in the 40's FPS while in battle with a mixture of low/med settings.  this is my traveling/school laptop.  So when i use it, i use it on the road away from my desktop that has zero issues with running this game.  I'm just dumbfounded that I've had so many issues with this game ever since two patches ago.  Thank you.

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,460 battles
11 hours ago, LittleJoe0962 said:

I've posted this on the reddit site, so if you see this twice, sorry.  This last patch helped alittle.  Instead of low teens while in battle, now its mid 20's.  Now since this last update, while using FRAPS as a backup to the in game FPS meter.  While sitting in the harbor, i can get to 60 FPS with much of the setting either off, or very low.  However, I've noticed one thing.  Every time i scroll over each signal flags and camo in the exterior sections, my FPS tank down to low digits and recover back to 40's FPS.  Is there an option or setting that i haven't found yet that can remove the description bubble that appears whenever you scroll over a flag or camo? I'm playing on a acer laptop, w/ a i5-7200u 2.5GHz, GeForce 940mx, 8 GB DDR 4.  A few patches back, i was able to play steadily in the 40's FPS while in battle with a mixture of low/med settings.  this is my traveling/school laptop.  So when i use it, i use it on the road away from my desktop that has zero issues with running this game.  I'm just dumbfounded that I've had so many issues with this game ever since two patches ago.  Thank you.

Some games with same  engine have problems with the NVIDIA "Geforce Experience HUD Overlay" enabled . Try to disable that in your nvidia control settings.

Members
19 posts
3,467 battles
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, VonSmallHausenn said:

Some games with same  engine have problems with the NVIDIA "Geforce Experience HUD Overlay" enabled . Try to disable that in your nvidia control settings.

Do you know how to do that?  I can't find it.

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,460 battles
1 hour ago, LittleJoe0962 said:

I found it on google.  I don't have that option in my settings.  so i'm gonna say its turned off.

Probably your video card doesn't support that feature.   Did you try to switch between DX11-DX9 mode ? I used to get horrible frame rates on DX11(with this game only),,DX9 gave me steady 50-60 on max,,than since the last 2 game patches ,it turned around,now DX11 gives me steady near 60(with occasional dip to 40`s when intense close combat battle scene, several ships in close proximity )..so maybe worth a try to switch ?

Members
19 posts
3,467 battles

Hey sir,  sorry for the late response.  DX9 or 11 were the same.  I tried windowed instead of full screen and nothing changed.  I have everything updated on my laptop.  I can play WoT and get 70-90 FPS with their latest update but i havent tried WoWP to see how that runs.  This is super frustrating.

Sign in to follow this