Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
felipa

Torpedo waves

25 comments in this topic

Members
74 posts
5,170 battles

I have to said that I'm tired to play and dodge 15 torpedo's in one wave from any DD, in particular when you see that they pop out  in front of you with out warning and you get F#$%^.

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles

So... you would rather the Shimakaze not have 3x5 torpedo turrets, like she did in real life? And I specified Shimakaze, because she is the only DD capable of 15 torpedoes in one wave.

• Cool 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Impending war between the IJNnerfs where an atrocity crew and the BB crew.

The secret to dodging torps is do it before you spot them.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,496 battles
8 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

So... you would rather the Shimakaze not have 3x5 torpedo turrets, like she did in real life? And I specified Shimakaze, because she is the only DD capable of 15 torpedoes in one wave.

Technically the Shiratsuyu can get 16 off if it uses the reload booster. But I get that's not the point of you're statement.

Members
1,125 posts
7,793 battles
1 minute ago, Stonehammers said:

Technically the Shiratsuyu can get 16 off if it uses the reload booster. But I get that's not the point of you're statement.

OP said 15 and one wave, only ship that fits is shimakaze.

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles
1 minute ago, Stonehammers said:

Kagero too, though 8 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds. But that's still two separate waves of torpedoes, making 8 per wave. And that 5/8 second difference, really changes the gap between each set of torpedoes, making the second set easier to dodge as a result, if you've dodged the first set. But yes, Shira and Kagero do come close to a 16 torpedo wave due to the TRB consumable.

7 minutes ago, X15 said:

The secret to dodging torps is do it before you spot them.

Don't you know that is only possible via hacks? :cap_rambo:SHOOT THE HACKER:cap_rambo::Smile_teethhappy: 

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,438 battles

Anticipate it, always, as much as you can, be aware of DD's, and then kill them, they die good.My specialty.  And watch for CV's on the rare occasion they are in game.

I don't get a lot of K's, but when I do, they're DD's.  :Smile_playing:

Edited by injunmick

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles
30 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

not a perfect dodge, but OMG those torps were too close for comfort, even for me...

SIDE NOTE: NAVAL OPS WARSHIP GUNNER 2 FOR THE WIN!

Members
5,380 posts
6,109 battles
1 hour ago, felipa said:

in particular when you see that they pop out  in front of you with out warning and you get F#$%^.

If this is how you're getting torped by DDs, then you done goofed, somewhere.

And the DD outplayed you. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,251 posts
6,010 battles

What's really annoying is when you're playing coop (because those bots actually brawl) and the secondary 5.46" guns on your French battleship can't kill a destroyer less than a kilometer away in the time it takes for his torpedoes to reload.

Buff secondaries.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
12 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

What's really annoying is when you're playing coop (because those bots actually brawl) and the secondary 5.46" guns on your French battleship can't kill a destroyer less than a kilometer away in the time it takes for his torpedoes to reload.

Buff secondaries.

Not all secondaries are created equal, and on top of that, a secondaries build is actually needed to make these guns useful.  A BB with a solid set of secondaries  and the proper build really works over DDs.  There is no need to buff secondaries.

Members
559 posts
2,643 battles

There are some ships that launch more. I can't count that fast, or that high, but I think I've seen 18 torps in one disgusting wall of skill. Shima torps are easy to dodge, because as Shima players love to cry about, you can see them from miles away. 18 torps popping up 300 meters off your starboard broadside is a much bigger problem. Usually I've already turned an eighth circle, but it's still tough to dodge all of them. They launch them in slightly different directions. I figure I'm doing well if I eat 1 torp and immediately patch the leak.

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, felipa said:

I have to said that I'm tired to play and dodge 15 torpedo's in one wave from any DD, in particular when you see that they pop out  in front of you with out warning and you get F#$%^.

Gvx0tON.gif

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles
21 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

There are some ships that launch more. I can't count that fast, or that high, but I think I've seen 18 torps in one disgusting wall of skill. Shima torps are easy to dodge, because as Shima players love to cry about, you can see them from miles away. 18 torps popping up 300 meters off your starboard broadside is a much bigger problem. Usually I've already turned an eighth circle, but it's still tough to dodge all of them. They launch them in slightly different directions. I figure I'm doing well if I eat 1 torp and immediately patch the leak.

15 torps in a single wave (i.e. full salvo, all torpedoes launched, and it only happens once) is the absolute maximum number of torpedoes that can come from a single ship, and that ship is Shimakaze. So if you've seen 18 torps, then that means there was more than one ship that launched torpedoes at you, and it just so happened to mingle with torpedoes from another ship. It's a tactic called "torpedo stacking" which if done correctly, made easier with PA-DDs, can cause a torpedo salvo to become larger. Though from my experience, Torpedo Stacking happens more by accident, than on purpose.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,227 battles

It's NOT fun. This space battle stuff is not as fun as it could be. There's a ridiculous amount of torps being launched in these battles. Way way too many.

I'm pretty much done with this space battle garbage. It sounds and looks awful but the torps were the finisher for me. There's enough of that crap in the game proper, but now its 10x worse.

Yeah i'll pass.

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
5 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

It's NOT fun. This space battle stuff is not as fun as it could be. There's a ridiculous amount of torps being launched in these battles. Way way too many.

I'm pretty much done with this space battle garbage. It sounds and looks awful but the torps were the finisher for me. There's enough of that crap in the game proper, but now its 10x worse.

Yeah i'll pass.

How dare they actually make the new space battles somewhat reminiscent of the first iteration from CBT, which itself was basically the regular game that took place on a space map with a couple of extra skins.

Ungrateful little whipper-snappers...

[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,227 battles
20 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

How dare they actually make the new space battles somewhat reminiscent of the first iteration from CBT, which itself was basically the regular game that took place on a space map with a couple of extra skins.

Ungrateful little whipper-snappers...

Um.. okay?

Go back to chasing kids off your lawn :P

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
376 posts
5 battles

Op is bad and should feel bad, that's my only input on this as anything else would get me banned. 

BTW, anyone stupid enough to complain about the space battles is not able to understand it's meant to distract us from the fact there's active testing of mobile weather events in PVP going on here. Your actual entertainment does not matter. 

Edited by TheNargacuga

[PROJX]
Members
1,010 posts
18,431 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 7:14 PM, Stonehammers said:

To Stonehammer’s point, the soon-to-be-released Asashio has a torp reload booster w/o having to trade off its smoke to allow a rapid 2x8 salvo.   The Shima’s torps are relatively easy to detect from a fairly long range.  The Asashio’s torps are also Deep water torps that are extremely stealthy & undodgeable if you are only reacting when you see them (.9 km detection) & can only target BBs & CVs.  

It’s going to result in some changes in BB gameplay if BBs want to survive against this DD.

Supertester
2,171 posts
9,234 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 9:57 PM, felipa said:

Maybe learn to use those magic keys on your keyboard stamped with W A S and D more often and you wont have as many issues. Heres a hint. Theres something attached to the rear of your ship called a rudder. The A and D keys, you press those to make the ship turn port or starboard every now and again BEFORE you wait to see the torpedoes in the water to do anything. W and S control your engine. Speed up and slow down occasionally with no pattern. Might help ya more than you think

Sign in to follow this