You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

To the dev that skinned the Paris

23 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
342 posts
18,487 battles

To the developer who made the skin for the République.. Known as the Paris........      THANK YOU!!!!!!         WG Give that man a beer/vokda!    The skin is sexy as hell.   8k doubloons for the camo is no small price, but man you took my favorite ship and just made her that much better.   Better like Dasha in a striking dress.    May be the same Dasha, but its...  better.    Yeah that its.     Anyways thanks WG dev team very cool.   I am surprised you could do something as creative as the Halloween camos.   And you easily did in my opinion. 

d50b1dfa-2c23-11e8-866d-d89d6715223c.thumb.jpg.583b7e23fb273f78a31eada81a0f825d.jpg

• Cool 5

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,195 posts
2,971 battles

Everybody loves it, But im more of an alldestroyer fan

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
12 minutes ago, deresistance said:

To the developer who made the skin for the République.. Known as the Paris........      THANK YOU!!!!!!         WG Give that man a beer/vokda!    The skin is sexy as hell.   8k doubloons for the camo is no small price, but man you took my favorite ship and just made her that much better.   Better than(?) Dasha in a striking dress.    May be the same Dasha, but its...  better.    Yeah that its.     Anyways thanks WG dev team very cool.   I am surprised you could do something as creative as the Halloween camos.   And you easily did in my opinion. 

d50b1dfa-2c23-11e8-866d-d89d6715223c.thumb.jpg.583b7e23fb273f78a31eada81a0f825d.jpg

I don't know.  That's a pretty high standard!  :cap_cool:

Members
2,397 posts
8,988 battles

I am definately getting Paris skin, grinding on Alsace right now.  Rest of ships already have Type 20 camo, can’t justify spending more on them.  Although those lifeboats on GK, they are to die for...  Too cute, I tell you!

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
381 posts
9,943 battles

Am I the only one who's a big fan of the Aurora ( Moskva) camo? I wish I could get my hands on that.... outside my budget though :*(

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,867 posts
2,866 battles

I'm liking the Flyfire simply because I know exactly where they got the name from (and because her torps have amazing range).

[NGAGE]
Members
4,361 posts
6,388 battles

I really like the Paris camo.  It's one of my favorite....second only to...

12 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Am I the only one who's a big fan of the Aurora ( Moskva) camo? I wish I could get my hands on that.... outside my budget though :*(

^This one

Moskva is probably my favorite of the space camos.  There is just something about having actual rail guns on the Moskva...and I really like the red and mean looking lines.  It's a great camo.   

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,260 posts
8,566 battles
31 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Definite Cylon lines.  It's at the top of the space camo's.   Nice job all around, WG!

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

I agree.  I'm really not into the space battles, but that Paris is one of the coolest looking things ever added to this game.

That screenshot doesn't do it justice.  You have to see it in game, on maximum graphical settings.

Edited by Kuckoo

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,467 posts
4,377 battles

It'd be interesting to see people with space camo on their ships... floating on water, instead of space, once the event is over. LOL.

I wish I could get the Alldestroyer camo, but I'm no where near GK. I'm not even sure if I can even make it in time anyway.

Oh well.

Members
2,397 posts
8,988 battles

Wow...  Just got Paris camo, took it out first time on Republique.  Did not play any space games, and only saw this skin in screenshots - I was busy finishing grind to Republique.  I am playing on max settings, the skin looks stunning, but there are surprises that I did not expect.  The smoke graphics is very different and totally awesome, it changes with the speed boost too.  The secondary guns have this blue plasma effect when firing, very cool.  No regrets spending doubloons on this particular skin, but as cool as the others are - I am passing on everything else, since I purchased Type 20 camo for the others, and WG will not refund or give discounted price on the new skins.  So, less money for them.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,172 posts
10,290 battles

They all look fantastic. My only complaint is that there is no space battleship Yamato this time. If they had that I would definitely have dropped 8k doubloons for the camo. 

• Cool 2

[MMC]
Members
135 posts
387 battles
2 hours ago, The_Grand_One said:

Nope, I very much admire both the Moskva and Zao skins. There’s no way I can afford the 8k price tags though. I generally save up to buy myself a few Christmas crates at the end of the year, hoping for a good prem ship or 180 days of prem time. This year I wouldn’t be disappointed to find a permanent space camo, as unlikely as that might be.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
3,937 battles

If there was one feature I love about the Starship skins; it's that their funnel flame is almost parallel with the hull when traveling forwards or reverse.

Not like regular ship smoke that still angles eternally to the right even in straight-line speed.

[RMRGD]
Members
342 posts
18,487 battles
6 hours ago, Feminist said:

Can you use it in regular battles?

Yes its like the Halloween camos so if they are purchased they work in regular battles. 

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
14 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

I agree.  I'm really not into the space battles, but that Paris is one of the coolest looking things ever added to this game.

That screenshot doesn't do it justice.  You have to see it in game, on maximum graphical settings.

No, I'm sorry Kuckoo, but the Zaya is my new favorite now.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[KSE]
Beta Testers
243 posts
14,288 battles

i love the Paris skin, if i could get it for the rep i would. actually if i could get all the space skins i would lol. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

I have spent several thousand dollars on this game in the last year. I even bought the cat skin for my Harekaze. However, I will not buy any of these skins just because they're a slap in the face to those of us with the type 20 camos on our T10s already. Offering a discount to people who already spent, best case (for the player), $20 per skin makes good business sense since these people have already demonstrated a willingness to buy them.

WG's business people are [edited]idiots apparently. No wonder they're closing an office in an over priced area they should never have moved to in the first place.

Edited by w4spl3g

Members
2,397 posts
8,988 battles
40 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I have spent several thousand dollars on this game in the last year. I even bought the cat skin for my Harekaze. However, I will not buy any of these skins just because they're a slap in the face to those of us with the type 20 camos on our T10s already. Offering a discount to people who already spent, best case (for the player), $20 per skin makes good business sense since these people have already demonstrated a willingness to buy them.

WG's business people are [edited]idiots apparently. No wonder they're closing an office in an over priced area they should never have moved to in the first place.

I am part way with you man.  I always buy Type 20 camo once I get T10 ship.  But I was on the way to Republique when space skins were announced, so I never had the chance to buy Type 20 camo for it.  Still, I was going to spend 5k on it, and going to Paris camo was 8k.  No regrets getting Paris camo.  But I doubt I will be getting the rest, as I already own Type 20 for most of those.