Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

What to do with matchmaking

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

Since the developers came up with the idea of punishing people for certain rules infractions by limiting them to co-op play for a period of time. Why can they not do the same for part-time/weekend players and players with really low stats? Not as a punishment but something to give them the incentive to learn the game mechanics better, how to play the objectives better so that when they do get promoted to random battles they will be better prepared to compete. With the announcement of space battles and spring break matchmaking had been intolerable. Over the last two nights, I have lost ten straight games and not ONE of them has been competitive. I do not mind a hard-fought loss that goes down to the wire, sure it is frustrating but I can live with it. What really makes me ANGRY is being on a team after team that only sinks two ships the entire game. Being on a team that is down four ships to none in the first four minutes of the game. I was just in a game where the only two caps taken in the entire game were taken by me in an Arkansas beta. 

Or maybe a special interactive campaign for new players that complete missions in solo play that have in-game tutorials that teach gameplay, tactics, aiming, etc, etc. When they graduate they are rewarded with some credits and maybe a ship to get them started. All I know is this flood of really awful players makes the game pretty much unplayable.

• Bad 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,344 posts
Just now, Belthorian said:

Since the developers came up with the idea of punishing people for certain rules infractions by limiting them to co-op play for a period of time. Why can they not do the same for part-time/weekend players and players with really low stats? Not as a punishment but something to give them the incentive to learn the game mechanics better, how to play the objectives better so that when they do get promoted to random battles they will be better prepared to compete. With the announcement of space battles and spring break matchmaking had been intolerable. Over the last two nights, I have lost ten straight games and not ONE of them has been competitive. I do not mind a hard-fought loss that goes down to the wire, sure it is frustrating but I can live with it. What really makes me ANGRY is being on a team after team that only sinks two ships the entire game. Being on a team that is down four ships to none in the first four minutes of the game. I was just in a game where the only two caps taken in the entire game were taken by me in an Arkansas beta. 

Or maybe a special interactive campaign for new players that complete missions in solo play that have in-game tutorials that teach gameplay, tactics, aiming, etc, etc. When they graduate they are rewarded with some credits and maybe a ship to get them started. All I know is this flood of really awful players makes the game pretty much unplayable.

I fully understand your pain...I really haven't played much since the Duck of Yuck campaign, but what little I have has been terrible.

I honestly didn't think the player base could get much worse, but it sure seems to have. However the problem with your idea is....if they push 50% of the server pop into co-op, what will the queues look like?:Smile_amazed:

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I fully understand your pain...I really haven't played much since the Duck of Yuck campaign, but what little I have has been terrible.

I honestly didn't think the player base could get much worse, but it sure seems to have. However the problem with your idea is....if they push 50% of the server pop into co-op, what will the queues look like?:Smile_amazed:

I was in a match in my Scharnhorst last night where I had 33k damage and a kill and I was NUMBER THREE on the team.....what incentive do I even have to play the game when matchmaker seems to be horribly broken.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

you're really going to compare breaking rules with not being able to play 24/7 or not having the best stats?

maybe they should punish people for making bad forum posts by limiting them to co-op, too. y'know. as incentive to not be such an elitist snob.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,431 posts
20,866 battles
40 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

stuff your idea where the sun don't shine  

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

They really need to put in some training missions, or something. I don't have a problem with bad players who understand the game. In many aspects I am one. But lately, it's been like someone has been training AI to play the game, and they're still in the very early stages.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
11 hours ago, MidnightShamalan said:

you're really going to compare breaking rules with not being able to play 24/7 or not having the best stats?

maybe they should punish people for making bad forum posts by limiting them to co-op, too. y'know. as incentive to not be such an elitist snob.

I am not an elitist, I would just prefer to play with skilled players.

Sign in to follow this