Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Space battles - would like some captain builds, please

8 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,200 posts
6,652 battles

They do not have to be OPTIMAL (heaven knows that will take some working out), just good enough that I can assign the 19 points and feel like I'm getting some good use out of them.

I currently have wins with battleships and cruisers and so possess those classes; will probably unlock destroyers tomorrow.

First instinct in the meantime is to look up what the corresponding real-life ships they're based on are, and go with those. But I have a feeling Space Battles has a few twists on the common theme.

The Galaxy rocks - great fun cruiser.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

These are the real life ships, i.e. the tier 10 ships they're re skins of.

You can find builds on Ship Comrade but be aware that there are troll builds there that are completely wrong and up voted by [edited]hats so use common sense (e.g. don't put IFHE on a Minotaur/Norma because RN cruisers have no HE).

[WOLF5]
Members
1,993 posts
2,748 battles

Going off their ingame counterparts (few of these ships existed in real life), is a good start. However, be aware than some of the stats are already boosted. For example, the Moskva Aurora has a 9.1 sec base reload, compared to the base 11-12 sec on the Moskva (the upgrade isn't available for the spaceship). So some skills may be unnecessary. Also, CVs were non-existent today, so AA builds look to be a no go.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,262 posts
8,566 battles

This link has the real ship equivalents.   Also, about halfway down, they have little captain bios.   Along with their picture is some player-recommended skills.   Some I went with, others (like those with expert loader), I modified.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/space_warships/

• Cool 1

[MMC]
Members
135 posts
387 battles

I’m going hyper aggressive because this event is a golden opportunity to throw caution to the wind and yolo like a madman. Win, lose, or draw I don’t care because I’m too busy giggling like a 5 year old on Choco Sugar Bombs! Don’t forget the ramming flag, cause in space no one can hear you fart.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,851 posts
6,701 battles

I am running a FP + manual secondary build on the Kurfurst clone.  It seems to have a built in secondary range module (just AFT gets the secondaries to 11.1km), the Republique clone seems to have main battery mod 3 built in, and the Zao clone seems to have the range mod built in.  I think they went and built in some of the most common loadouts on the ships to even the playing field for those who don't have the credits to spare for equipment, so building to capitalize on this equipment seems worthwhile.

Just did this game with the kurfurst clone, mode is decently enjoyable

Spoiler

OhNrsFk.jpg

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

Get the base ship class from the message above, then go to the wiki and look up the recommended Captain build. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,200 posts
6,652 battles
10 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

This link has the real ship equivalents.   Also, about halfway down, they have little captain bios.   Along with their picture is some player-recommended skills.   Some I went with, others (like those with expert loader), I modified.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/space_warships/

I saw those last night, just before I went to bed (but after putting this post up). Thank you, however, for providing the link. I will probably spec according to these tonight, more or less, and then take the ships out and give them all a bash.

Actually I may take each ship out at least once with her captain unspecced (except perhaps for Priority Target, which is always my #1 1-point skill these days), just to see if they have any clever little tricks that might make me reconsider the skill mix.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Sign in to follow this