You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

Space Battles upsetting you?

32 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,229 posts
10,862 battles

WG put a lot of effort and money into an Event that gives everyone with a Tier 6 ship a chance to gain a lot of Elite Capt XP at the least. It also gives everyone with a T6 ship a chance to play around with a bunch of Tier 10 ships at no cost to the players account. They give you multiple ways to gain access to the event that covers both Random and PVE players.

So whats the single most common kind of thread started today?

Whiny tantrums because WG doesn't cater to some individuals every desire.

Don't have a T6 ship? Tough, buy a premium or grind, you have three weeks.

Don't want to play T10's? Don't, the rest of us will be better for your absence.

Don't like the idea of it being a PVP mode? Suck it up Princess Buttercup.

Can't devote time to grind because of real life? Too D*** bad. I was up at 1am Cali time, I drove 140 miles into LA to make my morning pickup. I have to download the patch at a truckstop. I have to play while my laptop is sitting on my steering wheel. And somewhere in there I have to find an hour or so to drive to Maryland for my Monday delivery.

WG isn't here to cater to YOUR individual wants/needs/desires. There are thousands of games available on steam you can try. If you can find nothing positive about the game why do you play? That's a rhetorical question, I really DGAF.

I swear some of you snowflakes do nothing but spam the forum with negative waves.

WG isnt giving me everything I want either. I want an Arky Beta, too bad I wasn't a Beta tester. I want a Konig Albert, it was pulled from sale while I was on an extended break from the game. Sucks to be me.

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 2

Members
3,783 posts

I haven't played in about  a month.  I come back to see this.  Not to mention check the forums to see whats going on... Nothing but boohoo hoo cry baby posts about not being able to play the space event because they can't make a tier 6.  I can grind out a tier 6 ship STOCK in less than a day.  Too many danged cry babies on this forum site anyhow.  Like Op already said if you can't or don't have the time to earn a tier six ship then I suggest buying one.  They are not that expensive.

[PIZZA]
Members
823 posts
9,312 battles

Angry young boy? (born 1967?) Yes - WG is caring every customers who has dollars to spent. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,229 posts
10,862 battles
1 minute ago, Finnkax said:

Angry young boy? (born 1967?) Yes - WG is caring every customers who has dollars to spent. 

Didn't you already start a thread to melt on?

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,315 posts
5,710 battles

I wonder what's worse.  The crybabies crying about space battles, or the crybabies crying about the crybabies, or me the crybaby complaining about the crybabies complaining about the crybabies ;).  Everyone should know by now that you aren't going to make everyone happy and people will always have something to complain about.  Sometimes it's best to ignore them.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,722 posts
3,649 battles
Just now, Amenhir said:

I wonder what's worse.  The crybabies crying about space battles, or the crybabies crying about the crybabies, or me the crybaby complaining about the crybabies complaining about the crybabies ;).  Everyone should know by now that you aren't going to make everyone happy and people will always have something to complain about.  Sometimes it's best to ignore them.

Remeinds me of a favorite quote. "Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

[DPG]
Members
1,315 posts
5,710 battles
Just now, TabbyHopkins said:

Remeinds me of a favorite quote. "Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Yep that's a good one.

[PIZZA]
Members
823 posts
9,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I feel some elitist attitude? There are no glory if someone has 51-54 % winrate.

[INTEL]
Members
1,229 posts
10,862 battles
1 minute ago, Amenhir said:

Your sentiment is correct of course, but I'm tired and sore from loading and tarping. I'm stuck in Barstow for at least 30 hours because Regulations say I'm out of driving hours. And of course the WIFI is sucking at this truckstop so I'll prob have to burn a bunch of my own Data to do any playing while I wait it out.

ie: Ima grouchy old man and I wanna do my part to spread the negativity. ;)

[DPG]
Members
1,315 posts
5,710 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

Your sentiment is correct of course, but I'm tired and sore from loading and tarping. I'm stuck in Barstow for at least 30 hours because Regulations say I'm out of driving hours. And of course the WIFI is sucking at this truckstop so I'll prob have to burn a bunch of my own Data to do any playing while I wait it out.

My only experience with Barstow was being stuck at a Greyhound bus stop for about three hours.  The snack bar that sold expired chips ahoy and desiccated hot dogs didn't help matters.

Members
25 posts
697 battles
20 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I have to play while my laptop is sitting on my steering wheel. .

That's pretty unsafe. Considering it sounds like you're a truck driver, I'd hate to be on the road when you weren't paying attention in my small car...

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,470 battles

Sso arzs oopzz aress you are drving down tbhe hiway playing shipss on your steering wheel and i tbhought people reading an driving were bad lol

[INTEL]
Members
1,229 posts
10,862 battles
Just now, KGBNinja said:

That's pretty unsafe. Considering it sounds like you're a truck driver, I'd hate to be on the road when you weren't paying attention in my small car...

Its safe enough with the truck parked and brakes set. Almost 4 million miles with my only accidents being one bambi burger and one moron with bald tires driving in a snowstorm attempting to park under my trailer.

[PIZZA]
Members
823 posts
9,312 battles
5 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

e: Ima grouchy old man and I wanna do my part to spread the negativity. ;)

Ou no no no! You are still very young.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,722 posts
3,649 battles
4 minutes ago, KGBNinja said:

You failed reading comprehension, didn't you?

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Have any of you found the easter egg that gives you the Space Ships in your Live game to play in Randoms?

It is behind that asteroid in the H line all you have to do is shoot it.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
45 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Yeah, he was one of the original posters of the whinefest.

[RLGN]
Members
10,053 posts
19,462 battles
37 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

lol

A player I often div with is also a truck driver, and has occasionally voiced similar kvetchings.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,262 posts
8,566 battles
1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

I have to play while my laptop is sitting on my steering wheel.

Hoping that your truck is at the truck stop, and not on the road as you're playing :Smile_teethhappy:

That'd be a sight to see - pew pewing while doing 70.

EDIT:  Slow to the party.  Reading other responses before posting is op.

PS:  Bambi Burger!  LOL!    Stay safe, Wolf2 :Smile_honoring:

Edited by DiddleDum

[MMC]
Members
135 posts
387 battles
1 hour ago, TabbyHopkins said:

George Lucas, the American Shakespeare. Nice tie-in with the April Fools Event. 

[WOLFG]
Members
232 posts

All I can say, is that I'm having fun playing this.  I don't have any tier ten ships so this is allot of fun.  I rarely play PVP, so that is fun also.  Everything the OP said about the benefits of this was right on.