You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Istari009

Can't play in space

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
1,098 posts
4,787 battles
1 minute ago, Istari009 said:

Duno why, I have no idea what is require to play in space....

Nice useless update Bob!

In order to get the spaceships to play in the space battles, you have to play and win a co-op, operations, or a random battle in a tier VI+ ship. I believe your account level has to be at least level 12 as well.

Space Battles

Note:  Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account—Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.

Shields at maximum power Commanders, and off we go! April Fools’ Day brings back Space Battles and a Space Port that will be available for you!

All you have to do is select "Space Battles" in the battle type selection menu; grab one of the nine space conquerors waiting for you in a personal starcraft—and press "Battle"!

You will receive:

• Nine distinctive ships helmed by nine distinguished commanders;
  • A new type of battle based on unique in-game mechanics;
  • Dedicated—"space"—containers with valuable loot and tailor-made space patches;
  • And, of course, the rare stellar achievements!

[OO7]
Members
4,280 posts
10,957 battles
2 minutes ago, Istari009 said:

Duno why, I have no idea what is require to play in space....

Nice useless update Bob!

Look at the Challenges on your profile and it tells you that you need to win a t6+ battle in random or co-op to access each type of ship. This is also mentioned in the news regarding the space battles. Nice useless reading skills

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

In order to get the spaceships to play in the space battles, you have to play and win a co-op, operations, or a random battle in a tier VI+ ship. I believe your account level has to be at least level 12 as well.

Space Battles

Note:  Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account—Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.

Shields at maximum power Commanders, and off we go! April Fools’ Day brings back Space Battles and a Space Port that will be available for you!

All you have to do is select "Space Battles" in the battle type selection menu; grab one of the nine space conquerors waiting for you in a personal starcraft—and press "Battle"!

You will receive:

• Nine distinctive ships helmed by nine distinguished commanders;
  • A new type of battle based on unique in-game mechanics;
  • Dedicated—"space"—containers with valuable loot and tailor-made space patches;
  • And, of course, the rare stellar achievements!

Oh screw that [edited]! I'm not wasting my time on that shite just to play a mediocre event. Just give methe damn ships and let me bloody play WG. Quit with this stupid round about shite.

Whatever. Looks like I wont be playing after all.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
6 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Oh screw that [edited]! I'm not wasting my time on that shite just to play a mediocre event. Just give methe damn ships and let me bloody play WG. Quit with this stupid round about shite.

It can be done in co-op....I mean it's kind of odd to limit them, but it's not excessively hard.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

It can be done in co-op....I mean it's kind of odd to limit them, but it's not excessively hard.

I have a full time job, on top of other important life events going on. I dont have time for more than one single battle, which was the space battles.

Whatever, I aint got time for this shite. I missed the first spacebattles, so I ain't missing much anyway.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,098 posts
4,787 battles
24 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Good for you.

If you change your mind, join us. I'll be having a blast going pew, pew with the other WG folks in the spaceships.... which is kind of freaky after you have had a few pints by the way.

Edited by daVinci761st

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
25 minutes ago, dirt_mcgirtz said:

Reading = OP

Actually, in this case, there's a flaw.

There's a problem in the "gearbox" display filter.  As you know, there are two columns in that filter.  One to display the ships in question in port, and the other to hide stuff from showing up in battle.  The problem is with the first column check boxes.

The first two check boxes say, when you hover over them "Display <whatever> in the carousel".  But when you hover over the Space Battles ships check box, it says "Hide space ships in the carousel", when it should say "Display space ships in the carousel".  The space ships check box FUNCTIONS such that if you check the box, the ships are DISPLAYED, not hidden.  Thus, the "hover" description is wrong.

[HYDRA]
Members
13 posts
4,096 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, in this case, there's a flaw.

There's a problem in the "gearbox" display filter.  As you know, there are two columns in that filter.  One to display the ships in question in port, and the other to hide stuff from showing up in battle.  The problem is with the first column check boxes.

The first two check boxes say, when you hover over them "Display <whatever> in the carousel".  But when you hover over the Space Battles ships check box, it says "Hide space ships in the carousel", when it should say "Display space ships in the carousel".  The space ships check box FUNCTIONS such that if you check the box, the ships are DISPLAYED, not hidden.  Thus, the "hover" description is wrong.

My bad it’s just that I always tend to get my news from the website, it clearly states win one battle in respective ship type tier 6 and above to unlock said ship type for space battles.

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
17 minutes ago, dirt_mcgirtz said:

My bad it’s just that I always tend to get my news from the website, it clearly states win one battle in respective ship type tier 6 and above to unlock said ship type for space battles.

Dirt, you're not wrong.  What the website says is correct.  It's just that there's a minor bug that can cause one to not check a box when it really should be checked to display the space ships.

• Cool 1

[HYDRA]
Members
13 posts
4,096 battles

Weird cause as soon as I unlocked them I changed battle modes and all 8 ships I have unlocked were on the left side of my carousel 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,555 posts
13,975 battles
56 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Ooooo wow, one game in a T6+! An utterly monstrous amount of time! Why, how dare WG give us such an incredibly difficult task to perform! A single win, that's just beyond reasonable! Call your local governor, this can't be allowed to stand!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Ooooo wow, one game in a T6+! An utterly monstrous amount of time! Why, how dare WG give us such an incredibly difficult task to perform! A single win, that's just beyond reasonable! Call your local governor, this can't be allowed to stand!

Lert, I agree that playing a single battle for each ship type isn't all that difficult.  I don't agree with T6 being the cutoff though.  Should be lower or not even have one.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,555 posts
13,975 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't agree with T6 being the cutoff though.  Should be lower or not even have one.

I know. You've told me exactly that several times now.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
286 battles

The creators of this game are [edited]idiots limiting space battles to players with level 7 and above destroyers and cruisers and 1 helli carrier only to level 7 battle ships and carriers and to make matters even worse there algorithm for paring is so [edited]dumb they pair 2 carriers with 7 or 8 battle ships or 1 carrier with 1 destroyer and the res battle ships that have there own aircraft [edited]idiots and they wonder why people delete this game it because of dumb [edited]things like taht  

Members
1,775 posts
11,186 battles

This years Space missions are meh, boring. One or two battles and it's basically the same old with lasers. I enjoyed the bath tub battles from last year so much more. At least it was completely different and everyone was on an even playing field. 

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
19 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

This years Space missions are meh, boring. One or two battles and it's basically the same old with lasers. I enjoyed the bath tub battles from last year so much more. At least it was completely different and everyone was on an even playing field. 

Actually, Bathtub Battles was two years ago. They did not really do an Aprils Fool event last year. Just the static Sub on the Port screen.

Space Battles are OK, but not as much fun as the Bathtub botes.

Playing a single battle in Co-op is hardly a steep threshold. Maybe 5-6 minutes, and you are in for the Space Ships. People are puzzling.

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
24 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

To each his own.  I hated bathtub  wars.  it was too silly and childish to me.  I don't mind the Space missions that much, though I wish that they'd have done something to make aiming easier, by which I mean, in normal battles, you don't see the entire ship's hull, just that part above water.  So aiming at the water line is easy.  But in space battles, you DO see the part below the "waterline" and it throws off your aim.  And unless you're relatively close, you can't see the  "waterline" to aim properly.  A minor thing, I suppose, but if you aim at the bottom of the hull rather than the water line, your shots will end up short.

And not to be hyper critical, but rather than space battles, maybe a different way to do a sci-fi event could have been to envision the battles occurring on an alien ocean, with these same ships.  A completely alien looking map.  Maybe use the Tears of the Desert map, but rather than having it look like a Mediterranean or Persian Gulf like desert, make it look sorta kinda like a "martian" desert with the land being a lot more  reddish or coppery, and a sky with a binary sun with the sky being a very different color rather than blue?  It'd still be sci-fi, just not a space-based sci-fi.  

Anyways, it's all good.