You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Columbia/Pittsburgh etc Sightings?

29 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles

I'm starting to think the patch notes were a rumor, wrapped in an innuendo and smothered in hearsay.

lighten up I'm not serious, just curious if they've been seen yet

[FTWRK]
Members
381 posts
10,037 battles

Maybe they're just not exciting enough for people to really play them all that much :( Especially with space battles going on...

[LOS]
Members
634 posts
9,471 battles
On 3/28/2018 at 5:43 PM, Wye_So_Serious said:

Any sightings/observations from non-ST now that they are somewhat in the wild?

Why, yes!

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
1 hour ago, The_Grand_One said:

Maybe they're just not exciting enough for people to really play them all that much :( Especially with space battles going on...

Hoping it's just the space battle thing that is occupying the ST time

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

What I DID see, was a kronshtadt.

It was the first to die.

That's the whole trial by fire thing - literally sometimes.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,681 posts
24,541 battles

Not yet.  I'd just like to be in my Pensacola before it gets whacked with the nerf bat.  No, Wait.  Beaten, stomped, brutalized, pillaged, marauded, plundered, and all ways from Sunday pulverized. 

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
3 hours ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Played a game tonight with Buffalo. It seemed OK. Nothing really stood out though.

Thanks

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

:cap_look::cap_look: On the Hunt But no sightings as of yet.

Figured I'd see one of them by now. Thanks.

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts

Saw a new Cleveland... IDK if if it was the ST'r playing it but it was a piece of junk. It just does NOT have the range to deal with T8 spread (I was against it in a DM so you do the math on how that worked out for a Cleveland).

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
30 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Saw a new Cleveland... IDK if if it was the ST'r playing it but it was a piece of junk. It just does NOT have the range to deal with T8 spread (I was against it in a DM so you do the math on how that worked out for a Cleveland).

Well that's encouraging :Smile_facepalm:

What you weren't afraid of that 10 sec reload?

Thanks

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
34 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Well that's encouraging :Smile_facepalm:

What you weren't afraid of that 10 sec reload?

Thanks

I think it's 7 seconds. But at any rate it isn't it's reload that's the problem. Mogami get's by with a slow-ish reload with the 155's, but it at least has a decent punching range. I mean the Cleveland is going to see DM's with 18km range, Hindies with up to 20.7km range, and even Minos which can get up to 18 km range. 14.7 is just far too short. Some DD's push that distance. I mean look at the khab; it can get past that with AFT mounted, and has MUCH better acrs to go along with it. Cleveland (and Baltimore, which will have the same problem) need 16.5 *minimum* range.

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

From what I've seen so far there is no positive news to write about.

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

I think it's 7 seconds. But at any rate it isn't it's reload that's the problem. Mogami get's by with a slow-ish reload with the 155's, but it at least has a decent punching range. I mean the Cleveland is going to see DM's with 18km range, Hindies with up to 20.7km range, and even Minos which can get up to 18 km range. 14.7 is just far too short. Some DD's push that distance. I mean look at the khab; it can get past that with AFT mounted, and has MUCH better acrs to go along with it. Cleveland (and Baltimore, which will have the same problem) need 16.5 *minimum* range.

No argument with any of that. I remember Cleves with AFT (when it applied) burning down my NY from about 16-17km. So very sad.

Thanks again.

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
12 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

From what I've seen so far there is no positive news to write about.

It's the range on them that's the killer: the Cleveland and the Balt have lower range than any other cruiser at their tier *other* than the Eddy, which has both heals (and the high tier RN Heal at that) and smoke to assist it (plus nutsy concealment), and lower base range than most of the T7's as well (Yorck, Myoko, New Orleans under the proposed changes (which is the most baffling btw), Schors, and Indy all have higher ranges than will be possible with Cleveland AND Baltimore. Add to that their big size (which is always the worst part of play USN CL/CA's) and now Balts nerfed, frankly unrealistically slow RPM (should be 6, now it's far closer to 5), and these are going to be DoA. Glad I've mostly shifted to RN CL's otherwise I'd be (more) pissed about my favorite ships in the game getting the nerf bat.

Worcester looks interesting, but I am wary of it's inability to quickly break contact like a Mino, and I don't believe it's getting 27mm plating right? Just the 25mm? So it's going to be that much more susepetable to odd-angle pens. It's gona be an IFHE monster, but I suspect much like the Mino it will get priority targetting from BB's making it difficult to consistently enjoy.

Edited by _RC1138

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,000 battles
8 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It's the range on them that's the killer: the Cleveland and the Balt have lower range than any other cruiser at their tier *other* than the Eddy, which has both heals (and the high tier RN Heal at that) and smoke to assist it (plus nutsy concealment), and lower base range than most of the T7's as well (Yorck, Myoko, New Orleans under the proposed changes (which is the most baffling btw), Schors, and Indy all have higher ranges than will be possible with Cleveland AND Baltimore. Add to that their big size (which is always the worst part of play USN CL/CA's) and now Balts nerfed, frankly unrealistically slow RPM (should be 6, now it's far closer to 5), and these are going to be DoA. Glad I've mostly shifted to RN CL's otherwise I'd be (more) pissed about my favorite ships in the game getting the nerf bat.

No reason why Cleveland and Baltimore can't have or approach 18km range, none whatsoever. I sort of get the Baltimore reload time.

[5BS]
Members
6,745 posts
13 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I sort of get the Baltimore reload time.

I don't. Remember, the USN Cruisers lack a *huge* crucial advantage in a brawl/medium range brawl that pretty much ALL other cruisers have: Torps. That's a huge potential burst of DPS that the USN cannot make up for, so having an improved ROF makes up for that. Add to that radar, which is geared towards killing DD's, and their RoF becomes a hand-in-hand asset.

As far as range, IMO Cleveland and Balt need minimum 16.5 km, and probably can top out at 16.8-17.0. Then all but the Mogami (15.7) and Eddy (15.4) outrange it (Chapy: 17.3, CM: 17.6, Hip: 17.7), which is fair given that the Mogami has 8 10 km torps per side, plus an extra 3 or 1 guns vs. Cleveland 6" or Balt 8", and the Eddy has RN heal which is nuts, 9.2 km min detection, 3 10 km torps per side, and smoke, and compared to those with longer range, the USN trades a degree of range, for slightly faster RoF (Hip, CM), worse arcs (Chappy, and Hip) for more powerful per-shell damage with AP. That sounds very balanced between cruisers to me, and leaves it able to at least compete with the T10's they will see.

Either that, or they gotta give both Cleveland and Baltimore RN quality heal: so that they can advance under fire, hang around for a bit to do some damage, and fall back to heal up.

Edited by _RC1138

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

It triggers EU when USN ships are average, so they whine until they remain crap.

• Cool 1