Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
retic1959

Bye Bye Colorado !

77 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
564 posts
4,155 battles
8 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Except I've been with the same woman for 45 years and the Colorado is still bottom place in tier 7 BB's .

Yet so many other players do well in her.  My point still stands

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
3 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Yet so many other players do well in her.  My point still stands

Then we'll agree to disagree because she is where she is stats wise , thing is the New Mexico is bottom of tier 6 yet I did much better with her . IMO the Colorado is placed at a disadvantage due to speed more often then the New Mexico is .

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
14 hours ago, retic1959 said:

Then we'll agree to disagree because she is where she is stats wise , thing is the New Mexico is bottom of tier 6 yet I did much better with her . IMO the Colorado is placed at a disadvantage due to speed more often then the New Mexico is .

Yet for the last 2 weeks she survives more, averages more XP and does more average damage then the Gneiss. The only thing she does worse is win which all the tech tree ships are below 50% (minus the somewhat OP KGV and Lyon doesn't count since it's still new)

Beta Testers
295 posts
3,801 battles
16 hours ago, missile742 said:

#1 trope around here...”I stink in (insert ship name) therefore (same ship) must be bad and need a buff.”  Just like the last girl who dumped you, its not her it’s you

Hee!  Yup! 

I personally think the best and worst attributes in any ship isn't so much the stats that WG build into them but with the nut driving the keyboard.  We each have our favorite ships, ships that we do better in than in others and that mostly comes from the way we play them.

I tend to play a bit aggressively, pushing out to the front or scouting on a flank which gets me killed more often than I care for because I get out beyond the reach of easy help.  I like small, fast cruisers for this even over most destroyers.  Other players tend to want to brawl, to get in close and get hits with torps and AP into the side citadels; some BB players tend to play from the "back" of the board, some even from further out than CVs usually hang out, and some like sniping from DDs with long range torpedoes.

We each play differently and each prefer one ship type or even one ship over all the others.  Some players here LIKE the Colorado because she suits their play style, others don't because she doesn't.

Just my two cents, probably not even worth that.

Edited by CAPT_Rob
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
295 posts
3,801 battles
16 hours ago, missile742 said:

#1 trope around here...”I stink in (insert ship name) therefore (same ship) must be bad and need a buff.”  Just like the last girl who dumped you, its not her it’s you

How do you delete duplicate posts?

Edited by CAPT_Rob
Duplicate post

Beta Testers
295 posts
3,801 battles
17 hours ago, missile742 said:

Computer crashed and these duplicates are the result.  How do you delete?

Edited by CAPT_Rob

Beta Testers
295 posts
3,801 battles
17 hours ago, missile742 said:

Another duplicate, don't know how to delete.

Edited by CAPT_Rob

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
6 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Yet for the last 2 weeks she survives more, averages more XP and does more average damage then the Gneiss. The only thing she does worse is win which all the tech tree ships are below 50% (minus the somewhat OP KGV and Lyon doesn't count since it's still new)

I won't dispute that  , She's got bigger guns and two more of them than the Gneiss , but the two german sisters were the two tier 7 BB's I hated to see coming at me in the Colorado , especially without support from the team . Anyway , I got my NC , couldn't be happier about that . I've kept the New Mexico and the Colorado is gone .

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
5 hours ago, CAPT_Rob said:

Hee!  Yup! 

I personally think the best and worst attributes in any ship isn't so much the stats that WG build into them but with the nut driving the keyboard.  We each have our favorite ships, ships that we do better in than in others and that mostly comes from the way we play them.

I tend to play a bit aggressively, pushing out to the front or scouting on a flank which gets me killed more often than I care for because I get out beyond the reach of easy help.  I like small, fast cruisers for this even over most destroyers.  Other players tend to want to brawl, to get in close and get hits with torps and AP into the side citadels; some BB players tend to play from the "back" of the board, some even from further out than CVs usually hang out, and some like sniping from DDs with long range torpedoes.

We each play differently and each prefer one ship type or even one ship over all the others.  Some players here LIKE the Colorado because she suits their play style, others don't because she doesn't.

Just my two cents, probably not even worth that.

I already said that earlier in the thread , the fast US BB's have a similar play style and I do well with the Missouri , the NC feels more comfortable to me in that regard than the Colorado .

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
57 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

I won't dispute that  , She's got bigger guns and two more of them than the Gneiss , but the two german sisters were the two tier 7 BB's I hated to see coming at me in the Colorado , especially without support from the team . Anyway , I got my NC , couldn't be happier about that . I've kept the New Mexico and the Colorado is gone .

I'm the opposite, I love when they chase me down because they all do the same thing, they always go for the torpedo upper cut and I know how to react because I love playing my Scharnhorst and I'm guilty of the same moves. Just dodge and deliver the slam of every shell into their broadside, it may not be citadels but several full penetration hits hurt like heck. The best is doing this in a Texas, talk about the salty tiers that rain down from the heavens

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, retic1959 said:

At least I feel like I can get the hell out of Dodge if needs be in the N.C.  And having the extra guns up front doesn't hurt either .

Actually, there's nothing wrong with having an even number of guns fore and aft.  A lot of BBs in this game have that general layout.  And there are a fair share of ones with an ABX turret layout.  Overall, I tend to prefer the ABXY even fore/aft gun distribution, because it allows a BB to be equally good in a push or in a fighting retreat, whereas a BB with the ABX layout is forced to open its "stance" a good deal more to get the forward turrets on target.

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,059 posts
3,434 battles

I think this is more a matter of player style than a problem with the ship.  If you are used to a move and shoot battle, closing range and pounding on people, then the Colorado, New Mexico, in fact, all the old US BB are not for you.  If on the other hand you fight at longer ranges and primarily use gunfire, all you have to do is get the Colorado (or any other old US BB) in range.  Speed doesn't matter.

The faster guys will come to you...

I personally would prefer the Tennessee class (still 12 14" guns) to the Colorado, but the 16" do hit harder.   As with N. Mexico you can fire 6 round half salvos and get not only a good rate of fire but more hits than with the 16".

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles

I'm grinding through the Colorado right now and it's painful. The guns hit like pillows and if you get up tiered into a tier 9 match it's horrible.

New Mex is a much better ship than this and its a tier lower.

Cannot wait to be done with it.

• Cool 1

[MOH]
Members
436 posts
1,703 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 3:15 AM, xalmgrey said:

I'm grinding through the Colorado right now and it's painful. The guns hit like pillows and if you get up tiered into a tier 9 match it's horrible.

I felt this way too when I first started playing it, but that's because I was playing it like the New Mexico.  You were probably pretty decent in the NM, right?  As I learned the minute differences in playstyle between the two, I started getting better with the Colorado, and I find it to be a much superior ship overall. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles
45 minutes ago, Ranari said:

I felt this way too when I first started playing it, but that's because I was playing it like the New Mexico.  You were probably pretty decent in the NM, right?  As I learned the minute differences in playstyle between the two, I started getting better with the Colorado, and I find it to be a much superior ship overall. 

Fair enough, i'll keep this in mind thanks. +1 :cap_cool:

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 2:15 AM, xalmgrey said:

I felt the same way , but getting NC makes it worth the grind IMO . Different play style though ,  NC is accurate and hit's hard but you Really have to watch your sides in her .

[S_B]
Members
417 posts
11,839 battles

While I hate the slow speed of the Colorado I really enjoyed the grind when I got serious on getting the NC. I would consistently have random battles with damage totals of 80-120K in the CO. I've kept her just like the Gneisenau and still play both of them from time to time while concentrating more on my Tier 8 ships. It's nice to drop down when you get tired of the MM at Tier 8-10. My Bismarck always seems to be in Tier 10 matches. LOL

Members
2,160 posts
4,882 battles

Colorado has been a comfortable, if not a bland ship for me. Having used the word 'bland', I don't think it's necessarily a 'negative' thing because I'd take a solidly performing vessel in my comfort zone over a 'gimmicky' ship any day. Colorado handles exactly the same as New Mexico, except that she has 16" guns with more penetrative power. She's one of the few ships I've done decently in, and I don't think she deserves her bad reputation at all. From what I've heard, her bad reputation is mainly from her pre-buff days, but she's become better since then. 

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
4 minutes ago, Zionas said:

Colorado has been a comfortable, if not a bland ship for me. Having used the word 'bland', I don't think it's necessarily a 'negative' thing because I'd take a solidly performing vessel in my comfort zone over a 'gimmicky' ship any day. Colorado handles exactly the same as New Mexico, except that she has 16" guns with more penetrative power. She's one of the few ships I've done decently in, and I don't think she deserves her bad reputation at all. From what I've heard, her bad reputation is mainly from her pre-buff days, but she's become better since then. 

I'm not gonna miss her , I did much better in New Mexico which I kept because she's a blast playing scenarios with . The North Carolina plays closer in style to my Missouri which I do well in , and she should uptier better than the Colorado .

Members
2,160 posts
4,882 battles

Colorado is good for me, but I admit that she really suffers when up-tiered. Not saying i haven't had good battles with her in T8 and the occasional T9 match, but those tend to be few and far between. When she's top-tier as a Tier 7, she's great.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles
8 hours ago, FirebirdXIV said:

Honestly, I think that I would rather have Nevada at tier 5 instead. It seems to fit better. 

8 hours ago, FirebirdXIV said:

As for Colorado, It may be nice to just make it a premium. 

Wut?

Members
69 posts
417 battles
12 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Wut?

Hey, I didn't say it had to be POPULAR, because it won't,  it will just as terrible as a premium as it was in the tech tree. As for the Nevada, its the first standard type battleship, so it will be a mix of the ny and new mex, with 10 14 in guns arranged in four turrets, a large superstructure with plenty of secondaries, and a smallish citadel with a higher speed. 

SbwsRQa7Wu0myQY3rzoHdgJt7g_SXsqX39bI8Kx3km0JTmtwFUanx5mttGeWbxPjIyOnRprmZBZ7YvEsrif5kXy1Gj6AdAr9zA6zw-TG-qYrMSerOXaT8YLE8TlFiwyzyGUP9aDV

Sign in to follow this